BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robinson

Emerton Samba Nelsen Salgado

Hoilett Jones N'Zonzi Olsson

MB Diouf Kalinic

I would go for this, tempted to say Santa Cruz but I think the two guys up front could work well. RSC, Rochina, P.Jones and Formica to be on the bench. We must have Holiett and Olsson on each wing - I'm sure Michel can fill in at left back.

Anybody else think it might be worth sticking P Jones on Adam ?

No ! because you'd be wasting a player.

Adams weakness is his speed, so you'd pick the fastest midfielders to play against him. If, Adams is allowed to pick out passes then its upto the defence to deal with it, but by all means allow him to come onto you, then turn him, he'll never catch you, thus allowing you a free run onto their defence and what should be a goalscoring opportunity.

I think a strong midfield with a holding player is important when coping with Adam. I would go for this team:

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Nelsen-P.Jones (if ready)

Nzonzi

J. Jones Gamst

Hoilett Olsson

Santa

I'm not sure about Jensen, since he came in we've played 8 and only won 1.

Compare that to his previous job in Denmark; played 11 won none.(wiki)

Means he's only won one competitive game in his last 19. But of course he's mates with Kean/Anderson via SEM.

I'm glad we only gave him a contract til summer, we need a better assistance manager (and manager).

Despite him winning the Danish league. Research FAIL

hope we win, all the crying on this website has gotten too much.

Even though I don't like Kean much time to get some results and stop a new thread starting everyday acting like we are relegated and Venkys are Hilter's.

I think a strong midfield with a holding player is important when coping with Adam. I would go for this team:

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Nelsen-P.Jones (if ready)

Nzonzi

J. Jones Gamst

Hoilett Olsson

Santa

If Samba and Nelsen are available then I think the sensible option would be to put Morris in there rather than play anyone out of position.

I feel that 4231 is the way to go if RSC is fully fit. Those who want Kalinic to start are sadly overlooking the fact that he has done very little for us all year and we are fighting for our life here. We need people who will worry the opposition consistently - not be a passenger for the majority of the game.

Team for me (sure to be revised over the coming 10 days as injuries etc take their toll)

------------------Robinson

Salgado---Nelsen----Samba---Morris

-------------P Jones---J Jones

-----------Hoilett----Dunn---Olsson

------------------Santa Cruz

I would actually feel quite confident with that team provided everyone is fit (looking carefully at Dunn and Cruz....). Robust, lots of running, pace and a quality group of four attacking players. Morris i the obvious weak link but with the two defensive midfielders we should give him a bit of cover. Wish Givet was available.

If Cruz and/or Dunn are not fit everything looks a lot worse as none of our other strikers have much quality and - unless Formica can do something - we lack guile through the middle.

3-3-1-2-1

----------------------------ROBINSON(GK)-----------------------------

----------P.JONES(CB)--SAMBA(CB)--NELSEN(CB)--------

EMERTON(RWB)---------J.JONES(DMF)---------OLSSON(LWB)

---------------------------------DUNN(MF)----------------------------------

-------HOILETT(RWF)---------------------------M.DIOUF(LWF)------

--------------------------------SANTA CRUZ(CF)------------------------------

Phil Jones has just come back from a very serious injury, not sure if he has played any reserve matches etc yet for fitness – would say very unlikely he would start.

On Dunn, he always looks more (more than usual) rusty/unfit immediately following an injury – again doubtful he would or should start.

Blackpool have plenty of energy and we will need to match that so, whilst an important match, I would resist playing anyone who is not fully fit.

Our next fixture after Blackpool is Arsenal away.

I don't think we have picked up a single point at the Emirates since they moved from the library although we did draw there once in the fa cup and win the replay.

Puts the importance of 3 points against Holloway's men into context.

If Samba and Nelsen are available then I think the sensible option would be to put Morris in there rather than play anyone out of position.

I feel that 4231 is the way to go if RSC is fully fit. Those who want Kalinic to start are sadly overlooking the fact that he has done very little for us all year and we are fighting for our life here. We need people who will worry the opposition consistently - not be a passenger for the majority of the game.

Team for me (sure to be revised over the coming 10 days as injuries etc take their toll)

------------------Robinson

Salgado---Nelsen----Samba---Morris

-------------P Jones---J Jones

-----------Hoilett----Dunn---Olsson

------------------Santa Cruz

I would actually feel quite confident with that team provided everyone is fit (looking carefully at Dunn and Cruz....). Robust, lots of running, pace and a quality group of four attacking players. Morris i the obvious weak link but with the two defensive midfielders we should give him a bit of cover. Wish Givet was available.

If Cruz and/or Dunn are not fit everything looks a lot worse as none of our other strikers have much quality and - unless Formica can do something - we lack guile through the middle.

So your saying that Kalinic who is our top goal scorer with 6 Goals in all competions has done little compared to Roque Santa Cruz who hasn't scored a goal yet and hardly even had a decent shot on target...

Guest linganzi

Roque has offered nothing since he has come back and yet is in most people's starting eleven every week? :blink:

Agreed, pointless squad member. Dunn fairly pointless too, good job he isn't paid by the,minute.

Robbo

Emerton. Samba. Hanley. Salgado

Nzonzi

Holiett. Formica. Olsson

Mb Diouf. Kalinic.

Roque has offered nothing since he has come back and yet is in most people's starting eleven every week? :blink:

Not had much chance has he. When fit he has more ability in his big toe than our other strikers combined.

Thanks for the great preview. In all the discussions about the merits of the Blackburn End or Darwen End I was thinking about how we used to change ends at half time and shout abuse at the opposition fans as we met on the Riverside. When did that stop? About 1965? Imagine sets of fans meeting like that nowadays. My nickname at school was Fred - for Fred Pickering and - here's a quiz for older fans - who was the other Fred in the team at that time?

Enough nolstagia - though it can be a bit of a comfort in present circumstances...

If ever there was a must win game this is it. It's essential that the players, management team ( such as it is)and fans pull together for the last games of the season or nostalgia will be all we're left with.

Fred Else.

Dang it! Mercerman beat me to it by a day and a half

Guest linganzi

We don't have another striker that leads the line as well as Santa Cruz.

he hasnt done much of that from the physio table, or on the pitch this time round

Surely super Niko has to start this 12 pointer being top scorer and that and regarding Phil Jones if he is fit for the Blackpool game after months out injured how has Formica not been considered so far? I don't think he's going to be our saviour but it would be nice to see him play some part especially if Ollsen's at LB

Anyone know how many seats Blackpool will be getting and/or how many fans they roughly have been taking to away games this season?

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/AwayTickets/0,,10432,00.html

I'd be surprised if they didn't sell all of that allocation, given: 1] how short their journey is; 2] how important the match is to them as well; and 3] how much they're enjoying being in the Premier League, see below.

Not worried about 'second season syndrome' at all - this is the best trip we've ever been on, and I'm sure if we're unfortunate enough to go down, the positive belief of the team and fans will get us back up to the top again.

How do you see this game going?

2] Tough, but winnable!! Always look on the seaside of life! Seriously though, the positivity that Ollie breeds is what's got us where we are today.

Did I read somewhere that young Phil Jones is due back from injury some time soon? If thats the case then that would certainly aid some of our defensive woes.

Regardless of that, playing Olsson on the wing is a must and not in defence.

I'm going for a 1-2 victory for the Rovers, though I'm not sure if thats my heart ruling my head! unsure.gif

Oh, forgot to mention... Cracking preview m1st.

Yep Phil said on twitter he hopes to be invloved for the Blackpool game :)

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/AwayTickets/0,,10432,00.html

I'd be surprised if they didn't sell all of that allocation, given: 1] how short their journey is; 2] how important the match is to them as well; and 3] how much they're enjoying being in the Premier League, see below.

Had a feeling that they might bring a few, we really need our fans to get behind us and be very vocal. This game is MASSIVE!

Archived