BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

Great preview. Not long enough. What about the cup ties?

I'm glad to hear Ronnie Suart is still alive. He was the first regular right back I remember at Rovers. 90, hey? WOW!

I remember one game at Bloomfield Road. Andy McEvoy had just returned from a long injury and he deflected a shot into the net for our 2nd goal.

2-0 up at half time and we were rocking.

Second half was different as they came back at us and we crumbled to lose 3-2.

I think that was the game when the ball was on its own in no-mans-land near the halfway line. A 'pool player and a Rover ran towards it. Both reached it at the same time. I expected one of them to go over the top resulting in a broken leg for the other. Both went for the ball fair and square. No injury at all. The 'pool player won it.

They were Jimmy Armfield and Dick Mulvaney. Both played the game as it should be played.

I am worried to death about this fixture. If we have shape and keep it, and if we have the right desire and team spirit, then we may just scrape a win.

I have no confidence in our manager to produce that.

So, fingers crossed brfcsmilie.gif

Anybody else think it might be worth sticking P Jones on Adam ?

How about sticking Keith Andrews on Adam? I'm serious.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great preview. Not long enough. What about the cup ties?

Sorry about that, Bazza! I know size isn't everything :blush: but you should have seen how big the first version was! ;)

I thought that, if I kept the stuff on Cup-ties from my first draft, the preview would have been far too long. Besides, this is a preview of a League game - I've still got the material on Cup games; if we ever draw them in either Cup, I'll resurrect that material for an appropriate preview.

I remember playing Blackpool in 1966 when relegation was de facto. Their fans in the Darrun End chanting "Relegation, ha! Ha! Ha! That was soon corrected when we chased them out of Ewood all the way to the railway station. Back in the day, lads. Back in the day!

Not a bad suggestion - he could point Adam where to send his passes :lol: In all seriousness - it may not be too bad a suggestion - where Andrews is good (or at least average) is following team orders.

Surely if anyone is going to man-mark Adam and snap at his heels, it's J. Jones?

There will be more than 5,000 !

A friend of mine has followed them for as long as I've followed Rovers and the vibes he's picking-up are that there will be hundreds more in different parts of the ground.

OH! I'm sure.....undreds un undreds un undreds,maybe even thoudsands!!!!!!!

CORRRRRRRRRR

:rolleyes:

Okay, I've heard enough of all this negativity, we are going to do this lot, we are better than them. Our defence is better than theirs, man for man we are better apart from one guy who is POSSIBLY better than anything we have fit at the moment, but if we play the new guy, then we'll see there as well.

Never mind Kean, our boys will be up for this one.

Okay, I've heard enough of all this negativity, we are going to do this lot, we are better than them. Our defence is better than theirs, man for man we are better apart from one guy who is POSSIBLY better than anything we have fit at the moment, but if we play the new guy, then we'll see there as well.

Never mind Kean, our boys will be up for this one.

Hear, hear. Listen to this man; he talks positively!!

Keep the faith.

OH! I'm sure.....undreds un undreds un undreds,maybe even thoudsands!!!!!!!

CORRRRRRRRRR

:rolleyes:

Okay, you jest but they are a passionate lot. Have been there several times over recent seasons.

The friend who follows Blackpool is a bit of a nut, in the kindest sense, and a lucky one too. Like me, he likes a bet and this season, he's cleared £2,000+. Doesn't bet on every match but only when the 'vibes are right'. Hope he's got it wrong this time but he has £200 on Blackpool @ 9/2 (which you can't get now)!

Okay, you jest but they are a passionate lot. Have been there several times over recent seasons.

The friend who follows Blackpool is a bit of a nut, in the kindest sense, and a lucky one too. Like me, he likes a bet and this season, he's cleared £2,000+. Doesn't bet on every match but only when the 'vibes are right'. Hope he's got it wrong this time but he has £200 on Blackpool @ 9/2 (which you can't get now)!

Well they might be passionate but in numbers they are very poorly supported. Only Scunthorpe had lower attendances in the Championship. Fair play to them, they've attracted a lot of new supporters in their first season in the Premier League but prior to that they've only got a gate of around 8,000 and the population of the Fylde is about 330,000.

It would be a massive risk, surely, to play Jones as he has been out for a few months - plus he can't be near the required level of match fitness/sharpness.

Agree Den, I would aim to play a fairly experienced team from now on - the pressure is building and we need wise heads.

All 3 of them wont be posting for a while as theyve been warned before.

Thought it was only 2 to be fair who were doing the stupid writing.

Absolutely pointless by them, and not even funny <_<

To be fair he has let us off so we can't complain.

However i am currently researching new and wonderful ways to write on message boards, watch this space. ;)

How sad.

God knows the time we all spend on Message Boards is bad enough; but have you really nothing better to do with your spare time?

Even if we win this game we will still go down.

The die is cast.

Hopefully the owners won't want a championship club and will sell us on the cheap to someone who has some idea how to run a football club.

Sad isn't it.

Archived