BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Maji on this one but believe he overlooked a key aspect of sports science in that it also aids in injury prevention (take a look at the likes of Duff and Cruz under Hughes, they have stayed relativly injury free.. esp in terms of their long standing injury records).

Agree on the injury side Veevs and thanks for the further explanation Maji.

Still not convinced though and think too much reliance is put onto it - a player can be as fit 'as a fiddle' but if he doesn't feel like it on the day and the determintaion is not there, you can take out certain variances in theory but you can't in a game so IMO no amount of science is going to affect the outcome :lol: -

Still not convinced though and think too much reliance is put onto it - a player can be as fit 'as a fiddle' but if he doesn't feel like it on the day and the determintaion is not there, you can take out certain variances in theory but you can't in a game so IMO no amount of science is going to affect the outcome :lol: -

no need for that CAPT KAYOS, there is plenty of that happening on a daily basis. ;)

Anyone else getting more and more nervous the nearer this game gets?

Well; not Blackpool, if one of my tangerine friends is to be believed. After I'd told him how nervous I was getting [and I'm a glass-half-full chap, don't forget], his comment to me in an e-mail earlier today was:

Ollie is going completely the other way. He says that there are nine games left, and this is only one of them. If we win we're not safe, if we lose, we're not down !

Mind you, the same friend also pointed out to me last week that a number of teams in the bottom half of the table have tricky fixtures this weekend. Where would a draw leave each of Blackpool and us, I wonder?

• Backroom

Anyone else getting more and more nervous the nearer this game gets?

Yep which is a sad sign given I'd bet 90% looked at the fixture list when released and looked forward to this game

Blackpool to go 2-0 up in the first half hour..........................

I'm not going to tell you the restsleep.gif

Let's hope the ref is Mariner. Definitely NOT Atwell.

Howard Webb I believe. Maybe he doesn't like orange anymore!

anyone for a Kentucky fried chicken at half time instead of a pie ? I'm keeping myself in a jovial positive mood , la la la la . we gona beat the tangerines I reckon !

Please dont mention chicken on here, leaves a bad taste in my mouth!! :lol:

I don't disagree that other factors will come into play but the field of psychobiology is very young and at present science considers them two separate disciplines. Off course the two are interlinked but how is the big question. Fortunately people are beginning to realise this and literature is coming out in this field but you need serious backgrounds in both disciplines and that's very very rare.

As you say there are other factors but if you can peak in say one IE fitness that's one less factor to worry about in reference to the outcome. That for me is worth its weight in gold.

I think it has been mentioned before, but three out of the four upcoming home matches, are going to decide our destiny. Permanent destiny, that is:

Scenario 1) 7 or 9 points vs. Blackpool, Birmingham and Bolton - Survival ensured.

Scenario 2) We win two out of those three matches, and lose one - We need to get something vs. Man C, Man U, Arse, Everton, West Ham or Wolves in which we only have a chance of nicking a point vs. Everton and Wolves. West Ham is pure bogey, don't expect anything there.

Scenario 3) We get 4 or 5 points out of BlackBirBol - We need 2 miracles in the other matches, including one win vs. the teams mentioned in Scen 2.

Scenario 4) If we don't get more than one win in these home-matches, we need Chuck Norris.

Scenario 5) Anything else, we're doomed.

I hope for scenario 2 in this one, I fear for scenario 3 or 4.

What we don't need is stupid red cards for our vital players in the away matches vs. Arsenal or Everton or at home to Man City, to see them suspended in the following vitals. So, if Tevez races through on goal on April 25th, don't try to do a miracle tackle Chris, just let him run.

Keep the faith - this saturday we'll beat Blackpool in the worst match ever; 1-0.

Good effort - lets hope for a late rush and fill the place to capacity.;

Not at £28.... surely even Venky's could appreciate the benefits of what a 3 game for £20 "Take Back Ewood" initiative could do for everyone involved at Ewood.

I think it has been mentioned before, but three out of the four upcoming home matches, are going to decide our destiny. Permanent destiny, that is:

Scenario 1) 7 or 9 points vs. Blackpool, Birmingham and Bolton - Survival ensured.

Scenario 2) We win two out of those three matches, and lose one - We need to get something vs. Man C, Man U, Arse, Everton, West Ham or Wolves in which we only have a chance of nicking a point vs. Everton and Wolves. West Ham is pure bogey, don't expect anything there.

Scenario 3) We get 4 or 5 points out of BlackBirBol - We need 2 miracles in the other matches, including one win vs. the teams mentioned in Scen 2.

Scenario 4) If we don't get more than one win in these home-matches, we need Chuck Norris.

Scenario 5) Anything else, we're doomed.

I hope for scenario 2 in this one, I fear for scenario 3 or 4.

This is all assuming that 40 points is the magic safety target again this season, but with Wolves on 29 points and West Ham on 31, it could be more. You could actually be looking at needing around the 42 mark, so we'd need 10 points from 9 games. I'm not predictiing any scores or results but based on our current form, this could prove very tough. Other teams seem to be finding some form at the wrong time for us.

Not at £28.... surely even Venky's could appreciate the benefits of what a 3 game for £20 "Take Back Ewood" initiative could do for everyone involved at Ewood.

£28 in the Riverside, think the rest of the ground is £35-38!

Scenario 1 will happen.

We will also win another away game this season.

As for moaning about ticket prices….it costs £209 for a FULL season ticket….you either buy one or pay more on a match by match basis – seems fair to me.

Archived