BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of hours until my train and that sick nervous feeling that's been building all week is still getting worse.

They're without DJ Campbell and foolishly loaned Marlon Harewood to Barnsley, so (and I hope I'm not tempting fate here so I'm knocking firmly on wood) they don't have a centre forward to get them a goal. They'll be relying on pacy wingers and set pieces.

Blackpool's defenders make Nelsen look like Aaron Lennon when it comes to pace so get Hoilett/Olsson/Mame running at them and putting them on the wrong foot and we CAN cause them problems.

Back the team. I'll be in the Darwen End for the first time, cheering on everyone in blue and white.

Woken up feeling very positive today. We ARE better than the Donkey lashers - 3-1 Rovers. Lets generate the same kind of itimidating atmosphere we gave Burnley last year, everyone standing for this one. Bring it on.

Caveat: The above is based on the assumption that for once Kean will not be a knob and pick his strongest side.

Couple of hours until my train and that sick nervous feeling that's been building all week is still getting worse.

They're without DJ Campbell and foolishly loaned Marlon Harewood to Barnsley, so (and I hope I'm not tempting fate here so I'm knocking firmly on wood) they don't have a centre forward to get them a goal. They'll be relying on pacy wingers and set pieces.

Blackpool's defenders make Nelsen look like Aaron Lennon when it comes to pace so get Hoilett/Olsson/Mame running at them and putting them on the wrong foot and we CAN cause them problems.

Back the team. I'll be in the Darwen End for the first time, cheering on everyone in blue and white.

James Beattie ? I thought they'd got him on loan.

just dropped the mrs off at a course in read and had some "friendly" "banter" off some dingles ,it all ended with putting my hand up and saying 32 years! nuff said . ;)

It got me even more up for it ,today we need PASSION ,HUNGER,DESIRE ,SELF BELIEF,A SEIGE MENTALITY ,GOALS (OR 1-0) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TODAY IS WIN!!!!!! COME ON YOU BLUES,ROVERS TIL I DIE!!!!

5-1 ROVERS!!!!!

Welcome to the DE - you will enjoy (hopefully) - it can be the worse place in the ground if the away team are winning though. Lets hope they give us plenty to cheer about - getting more nervous for this match than I have for a long time - COYB

Won't be watching the game, not live here either. Will only get the game on Sunday Morning at 7am local time. However, I'll be on here, the Beeb website catching the updates. I'll be far too restless, with not knowing what is going on at the game. Come on Rovers!

Biggest game of the season. The most winnable game we have left. We win and we should stay up, we lose and we should go down. Forget about Venky's and whether Kean is the right man, our club is bigger than both. I believe that if we stay up this season, given funding over the summer, we should be comfortable next season. We win today and then one more win and a draw should do it.

If we cannot beat Blackpool at home then we don't deserve to be in the division. We have the players to do it. Its time to stand up.

Biggest game of the season. The most winnable game we have left. We win and we should stay up, we lose and we should go down. Forget about Venky's and whether Kean is the right man, our club is bigger than both. I believe that if we stay up this season, given funding over the summer, we should be comfortable next season. We win today and then one more win and a draw should do it.

If we cannot beat Blackpool at home then we don't deserve to be in the division. We have the players to do it. Its time to stand up.

yes good post it is time for our players to play their hearts out like we know they can !

Still have 2 spare tickets (1 adult 1 junior) for Darwen End, if anybody`s interested ;)

I offered mate in Blackpool (a Rover :brfc: ) & his son them, but he`s got other plans now....the lightweight :lol:

15 squid for both (£10 & £5 respectively)

You`ve got til about half-one to pm me

COYB!!!!! :rover:

Some stats from the previous encounter:-

Blackpool Blackburn

Fouls: 11 12

Corners: 8 8

Offsides: 2 3

Bookings: 2 1

Dismissals: 0 0

Shots On Target: 8 8

Shots Off Target: 3 5

Stats head to head so far for Blackburn Rovers (left column) v Blackpool (right column)

stats.jpg

The frightening thing in analysing the statistics head to head is the amount of crosses and shots on goal Blackpool have over us.

Quite worrying when you see it all in black & white in front of you, as on the face of it Blackpool are a far more attacking side as we all know and the stats back this up...

Huge day for Rovers, am feeling strangely confident, all the noises coming out of Brockhall this week have been positive with the players being very focused on what they need to do, now it is time for them to stand up and deliver. Play anywhere near our potential then this game is there for the taking. Sing loud, Sing Proud. COYB!

• Backroom

D-Day!

Nothing else but a win matters today, fail to get that and our very existence is threatened. If any player is giving less than 100% drag him off.

Rovers will win 3-1 after going a goal down in the first ten minutes but the fans and team will come through when needed.

If we don't win I just can't see a way back for us

D-Day!

Nothing else but a win matters today, fail to get that and our very existence is threatened. If any player is giving less than 100% drag him off.

Rovers will win 3-1 after going a goal down in the first ten minutes but the fans and team will come through when needed.

If we don't win I just can't see a way back for us

We simply must score first.

• Backroom

We simply must score first.

Yes but it's vital that if we don't the fans have to stay on side, 0-2 and things will really turn ugly

I've had 3-2 to Blackpool in my head every single time I think of this game, as much as I need us to get the points.

All depends on the side picked, how well organised and motivated they are.

Over to you Steve Kean...

• Backroom

As important as Kean is I honestly think any team he picks should be able to beat this lot, once the whistle goes it's over to the 11 selected, they cannot be blameless if things go wrong.

Team for me for today:

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Olsson

N'zonzi Jones

Hoillet Formica Diouf

RSC

Bit of a gamble but if your guaranteed one thing with Blackpool it's plenty of space to exploit on the counter. Pool must get their full backs very involved in their attacking play if they have a stat as high as that, hopefully the pace out wide will allow us to take advantage when their play breaks down. Playing Formica is a gamble but as pool always commit numbers forward he'll hopefully get a bit more time and space than normal, then you pray he's a good un. :unsure: If not Kalinic on and 442.

He also gets the nod as I'd really like to see us snuff out their middle player Adam as he always creates chances, and having a hopefully more mobile hole player will give the defensive 2 an easier out ball. N'zonzi's height will also be handy with all those crosses coming in, with 2 weeks or so on the training ground hopefully N'zonzi and Jones better understand the roles of playing as a pair and we can get the full backs more involved and give them better cover.

The most winnable match remaining this season so a psychological must win. Esp with things being so tight at the wrong end of the table. West Brom, Wolves and West Ham will be scrapping til the end, already picking up points at places where perhaps Rovers would lack the character to. I think Wigan will go down and a horrible feeling it will be one of the 2 teams playing at Ewood today who will be joining them. With Sam still in charge I wouldn't be overly worried but as things stand it would take a brave betting man to put money one way or the other on whether Rovers under Kean & the chicken brothers has what it takes to stay up.

We've got to go for all 3 points first half and defend tightly second half today. It dpoesnt have to be pretty, it just has to be 3 points.

Sky sports just came up with the stat that Rovers have conceded more second half goals than anyone else in the Premiership this season. Stats like that point at a lack of concentration and the tactical nous to win matches. So a big day for Karl Pilkington and the rest of the management team.

--------- Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Olsson

----=------ P Jones

Hoilet Formica Diouf

---- SantaCruz Kalinic

Archived