BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I didn't realise the next game is 2 weeks away after today and that's Arsenal away, makes it even more essential that we win.

West Brom is seeming a long long time ago now.

The most winnable match remaining this season so a psychological must win. Esp with things being so tight at the wrong end of the table. West Brom, Wolves and West Ham will be scrapping til the end, already picking up points at places where perhaps Rovers would lack the character to. I think Wigan will go down and a horrible feeling it will be one of the 2 teams playing at Ewood today who will be joining them. With Sam still in charge I wouldn't be overly worried but as things stand it would take a brave betting man to put money one way or the other on whether Rovers under Kean & the chicken brothers has what it takes to stay up.

We've got to go for all 3 points first half and defend tightly second half today. It dpoesnt have to be pretty, it just has to be 3 points.

Sky sports just came up with the stat that Rovers have conceded more second half goals than anyone else in the Premiership this season. Stats like that point at a lack of concentration and the tactical nous to win matches. So a big day for Karl Pilkington and the rest of the management team.

--------- Robinson

Salgado Samba Nelsen Olsson

----=------ P Jones

Hoilet Formica Diouf

---- SantaCruz Kalinic

With those 12 on the park, must be winnable!! :lol:

2126165645_73a96826dd.jpg

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Team for me for today:

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Olsson

N'zonzi Jones

Hoillet Formica Diouf

RSC

Bit of a gamble but if your guaranteed one thing with Blackpool it's plenty of space to exploit on the counter. Pool must get their full backs very involved in their attacking play if they have a stat as high as that, hopefully the pace out wide will allow us to take advantage when their play breaks down. Playing Formica is a gamble but as pool always commit numbers forward he'll hopefully get a bit more time and space than normal, then you pray he's a good un. :unsure: If not Kalinic on and 442.

He also gets the nod as I'd really like to see us snuff out their middle player Adam as he always creates chances, and having a hopefully more mobile hole player will give the defensive 2 an easier out ball. N'zonzi's height will also be handy with all those crosses coming in, with 2 weeks or so on the training ground hopefully N'zonzi and Jones better understand the roles of playing as a pair and we can get the full backs more involved and give them better cover.

I'd pretty much go along with that. Perhaps drop N'Zonzi and play the Jones brothers in midfield, however much depends on Phil's fitness.

A massive, must-win game though - nerves starting to kick in. :unsure:

2126165645_73a96826dd.jpg

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That's exactly how I feel!

So what the hell does Niko have to do to get a start?

Happy that Roque is playing if he's actually fit. We are due a goal from him.

Looks like a flat 4 in midfield. At least I hope so.

Disappointed that El Gato is still not in 16. 4 strikers on the bench though. Very intelligent! :rolleyes:

Archived