BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

Another Rovers first, cask beer to be sold at a premier league ground.

Thwaites and Clayton bakery special at Ewood on Saturday.

Wainwright cask on sale and a special Steak and Wainwright pie by Clayton Bakery.

All sounds good, lets hope it all adds to atmosphere. :rolleyes:

My link

Wow-That's a bit of good news, well done Rovers.

The thing is the majority of the players have all been in this situation before. Samba, Nelsen, MGP, etc need to draw on their experience of the big big games from seasons gone and use it to help the newer players settle and play the right way. I think provided Kean sends out a sensible team and shape as per Dens post the crowd should be a big help.

My big worry is Keans motivational skills.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Good idea with the beer and the pies sound nice but not keen on the idea of giant foam fingers I don't see how that will help.

Good idea with the beer and the pies sound nice but not keen on the idea of giant foam fingers I don't see how that will help.

You're allowed to take them off for eating your pie. If you like, I'm sure they could rustle up a knife and fork.

And definitely don't try to sup ale with giant foam fingers!

I don't disagree that other factors will come into play but the field of psychobiology is very young and at present science considers them two separate disciplines. Off course the two are interlinked but how is the big question. Fortunately people are beginning to realise this and literature is coming out in this field but you need serious backgrounds in both disciplines and that's very very rare.

As you say there are other factors but if you can peak in say one IE fitness that's one less factor to worry about in reference to the outcome. That for me is worth its weight in gold.

This I don't disagree on Maji - however I still feel this sort of route is turning footballers into athletes though - rather than footballers - and in turn is leading to the amount of injuries you see nowadays.

Thanks for our comments - I have found it interesting re the level that appears to be already involved with regard to the science side - goes alot further than I realised.

Shocked that 2 months down the line and Formica isnt ready yet. Seemingly at least.

Absolutely shocking for a 4 million Euro signing at a bottom half club.

Fully agree. As we plummet down the league table watching other signings at clubs make an improvment you have to wonder at the logic of buying the two younger lads. Presumably we did not know they would not be ready to contribute when buying them which begs twqo questions;

1)

Fully agree. As we plummet down the league table watching other signings at clubs make an improvment you have to wonder at the logic of buying the two younger lads. Presumably we did not know they would not be ready to contribute when buying them which begs twqo questions;

1)

Let me guess.......your keyboard broke down and you're still waiting for the AA to arrive?

A post that took my eye on the LT website:

"At present, the Rovers players look as though they only care about their inflated egos and inflated salaries.

Perhaps they all ought to show us different and as well as giving us a victory on Saturday, they should also donate a month's salary to help the victims in New Zealand and Japan".

I think that the second paragraph is spot on. To include Kean with Venkys then matching the whole. Would contribute c£5m to people facing REAL ISSUES.

• Backroom

A post that took my eye on the LT website:

"At present, the Rovers players look as though they only care about their inflated egos and inflated salaries.

Perhaps they all ought to show us different and as well as giving us a victory on Saturday, they should also donate a month's salary to help the victims in New Zealand and Japan".

I think that the second paragraph is spot on. To include Kean with Venkys then matching the whole. Would contribute c£5m to people facing REAL ISSUES.

Why don't you donate a months salary?

Apologies if you already have

Why don't you donate a months salary?

Apologies if you already have

Fair challenge, however, I don't earn in a year what some of them earn in a month and therefore couldn't afford to!

However, I do financially support a number of worthy causes throughout the year and have done so for many a year.

• Backroom

Fair challenge, however, I don't earn in a year what some of them earn in a month and therefore couldn't afford to!

However, I do financially support a number of worthy causes throughout the year and have done so for many a year.

And maybe they do, charity should be just that, never something people are pressured into.

And maybe they do, charity should be just that, never something people are pressured into.

Too true and at least some of our players have actual 'hands on' in some charities and foundations. Just look at Jason Roberts who has my utmost repect for what he does.

-----------------Cruz--------Kalinic

Olsson-----Nzonzi------J Jones------Hoilett

----Givet----Nelsen----Samba----Salgado

---------------------Robinson

As Dunn is out I would go for the above. Not really convinced by it - there is not much ability to play the ball through the middle - but I suppose it is the best we have.

If Phil Jones is ready then I would partner him with J Jones in the middle instead of Nzonzi. That would make us extremely hard working in the centre and possibly allow us to dominate the ball. Also Phil can pass a ball better than people give him credit.

The key will be to get the ball wide to Hoilett and Olsson and get them running at a static Blackpool back line and getting crosses in. In this area we can with the game. If Cruz can find some form then we stand a good chance.

Formica and Rochina making some sort of impact would be nice.

Archived