BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

None of us, Kean and Jensen included can expect Phil Jones to slot back into the team and carry on from were he left off after such a lay off, that would be madness and very amateurish to do so especially as we've reached this critical period in the season.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of us, Kean and Jensen included can expect Phil Jones to slot back into the team and carry on from were he left off after such a lay off, that would be madness and very amateurish to do so especially as we've reached this critical period in the season.

I agree, this isn't the game or the time to bring Jones back. It's too big a game to risk him so soon after a serious injury.

Why should Blackburn Rovers players donate their salary to another country?? :blink:

In a struggling town like Blackburn that would be a massive PR disaster for the club. The players earning tens of thousands of pounds a week to donate part of their earnings overseas, would certainly stop the hard pressed supporters from supporting Rovers.

For good PR, the players should be openly donating to Blackburn charities, and on a frequent basis in order to gain further respect from the local populace especially when times like now are becoming more difficult by the month.

I'm more and more pessimistic as this game approaches.

Hope I'm wrong but I think Holloway has far too much nous and Blackpool far too much spirit for a leaderless and deflated Rovers side. Blackpool should win comfortably.

The phrase you only sing when you're winning springs to mind.

Every Rover needs to let the lads know they are 100% behind them before they even set foot on the pitch against Pool on Saturday.

I Know what you mean :-)

I was not oming over from Denmark if i did not support the boys. But i think some players should look at them self and think do i want this or not.

I want Samba to do his job as the Captain for a change - rally the troops, get us pumped, concentrate for 90 minutes and most importantly come off that pitch knowing he's given absolutely everything.

He hasn't done that once this season so needs to have a word with himself as well as the fans.

I Know what you mean :-)

I was not oming over from Denmark if i did not support the boys. But i think some players should look at them self and think do i want this or not.

Couldn't agree more that one or two of our players are not playing as we know they can. I'm glad you'll be over for the Pool game we need as much support as possible tomorrow.

I want Samba to do his job as the Captain for a change - rally the troops, get us pumped, concentrate for 90 minutes and most importantly come off that pitch knowing he's given absolutely everything.

He hasn't done that once this season so needs to have a word with himself as well as the fans.

Is that not what he's trying to do? Asking the fans to be the 12th man?

The first goal will be crucial in this battle and hopefully if we can drive the team from the off, we'll be the ones cheering. Everyone on here keeps talking about the atmosphere should we go a goal down, the reverse will happen should we go a goal up. Support the boys from the off and we can say we've done our part and hopefully the passion transpires onto the pitch.

Couldn't agree more that one or two of our players are not playing as we know they can. I'm glad you'll be over for the Pool game we need as much support as possible tomorrow.

The first goal will be crucial in this battle and hopefully if we can drive the team from the off, we'll be the ones cheering. Everyone on here keeps talking about the atmosphere should we go a goal down, the reverse will happen should we go a goal up. Support the boys from the off and we can say we've done our part and hopefully the passion transpires onto the pitch.

We'll only be the twelfth man if Andrews isn't picked!

I'd imagine it was spoonfed to him. I take the sincerity of it more when it comes from Nelsen.

No problem with the 12th man chat - we are needed badly tomorrow. Just pointing out that he's not done a great job as Captain and is one of the reasons we are where we are due to many personal shockers this season on his behalf.

• Moderation Lead

I'm more and more pessimistic as this game approaches.

Hope I'm wrong but I think Holloway has far too much nous and Blackpool far too much spirit for a leaderless and deflated Rovers side. Blackpool should win comfortably.

I try not to call into question the mindset of posters on here, but this is without doubt one of the most miserable posts I've read in a long time!

Just what you want on a Friday :rolleyes:

I doubt Blackpool will win comfortably, or at all.

Keep the faith.

I can;t wait for this game, this board is so boring last few weeks with the same people arguing over the same issues over and over and over and over again.

A win should settle things, I'm going for 3-1 win for Rovers.

Wow, Lawro has us to win!

Lawro

Kiss of death!!!! On the other hand I did pass 2 magpies on my way to work this morning so that might be a good omen. But then my son, just before he went back to Korea, did badly chip the Rovers mug we've had since before we won the Premiership. Even when we went down last time it remained intact. We dropped it and it bounced the day before we won the Worthington Cup. It's survived longer than any other mug in the cupboard but now it's got a huge crack down one side and it's only a matter of time before we have to throw it out because it leaks - is this a bad omen?

http://www.teamtalk.com/blackpool/6820561/We-won-t-lack-desire-warns-Ollie

Blackburn are in a similar rut, having won just one in six, and questions have been asked about the club's direction under new owners Venky's and manager Steve Kean. Holloway, who guided Blackpool back to the top flight after a 39-year absence, said: "What we all want to do is keep our status.

"We won't like relinquishing the fact we are a Premier League side. It might take years to get back there. We want to fight and scrap. What you have to do is want it more than the opposition, and my team have done that week in, week out. I am not expecting anything else. Our livelihoods depend on it.

"We don't want to go back to where we were, scrapping for a living in the Championship. We want to be a Premier League outfit. That's how much it means to us. I wonder how Blackburn look at it.

"Let's enjoy every minute of our lives because one day it might be the last minute. Even if we don't get what we want, I'm not going to cry over it.

"How lucky are we to go out there and try our best? I wonder if Blackburn feel that way at the minute with what has gone on there."

When asked further about events at Blackburn since Venky's takeover last year, which have been the subject of much criticism and even ridicule, Holloway was reluctant to get involved.

"It is none of my business," he said. "Good luck to them whatever they do - it is their choice and their owners. Get on with it."

i reckon we will win, we will pull it out of the bag. the midfield battle will be key to who ever wins though. the last game against fulham should how important pedersen is to us, the free kicks and corners were horrific.

Robinson

Salgado

Samba

Nelsen

Olsson

Holiett

J.Jones

Emerton

Pedersen

Kalinic

Santa Cruz

• Backroom