BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

Looks like a 4-3-2-1/4-5-1. Great to see P Jones back on the bench. Shame about Formica but obviously they decided the risk was too great. Good enough team to get the job done today, more than good enough in fact. Early goal and we're in a commanding position. Come on boys.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be:-

---------Santa Cruz----M Diouf

Hoilett----Nzonzi-----J Jones----Emerton

Olsson----Nelsen----Samba----Salgado

-------------------Robinson

I'm not sure Emerton will add that much. Cruz, Hoilett and J Jones are the keys for me if we are going to score.

Robinson

Salgado

Nelsen

Samba

Olsson

Emerton

J Jones

Nzonzi

Hoilett

Santa Cruz

Diouf

Subs

Bunn

P Jones

Roberts

Rochina

Benjani

Pedersen

Kalinic

Maybe jones if fit for n'zonzi, and olsson in midfield..........other than that a good looking side, need roque to have saved his one good game since hee returned for today.

Who else is gonna play left back out of that 11? I agree though he's much better on the wing.

I imagine Salgado will move to left back and Emerton to right back if something happens to Olsson. He's the only choice with Givet out though, and it's a position we really need to address in the summer (right back too).

Looks like a 4-3-2-1/4-5-1. Great to see P Jones back on the bench. Shame about Formica but obviously they decided the risk was too great. Good enough team to get the job done today, more than good enough in fact. Early goal and we're in a commanding position. Come on boys.

Can't see 4231/451 as we have no one to play in the hole. Maybe Hoilett but I have not been convinced by him centrally.

Can't see 4231/451 as we have no one to play in the hole. Maybe Hoilett but I have not been convinced by him centrally.

I think he'll play one of the three DMs just ahead of the others (N'Zonzi?), but not forward enough to play as a true Dunny style attacking mid. I see Hoilett and Diouf flanking Roque. Agree that it could go the way of your 4-4-2 though, with Diouf sitting just behind Roque. Don't think Kean sees Bert as a true right winger though and would prefer him more central.

This West Ham team ISNT going down.

That's what a couple of good loan signings does for you, instead of the @#/? we got.

Happy with lineup today though. I probably would have gone with Pedersen ahead of Emerton and switched Hoilett to the right, but otherwise it looks good. I think Diouf will be a good partner for Roque.

• Backroom

Crazy as it sounds I think having Emo at full back is better than wasting olsson there.

Emo offers us nothing at all going forward surely if he's on the wing then Pedersen would have been preferred?

wouldn't have minded young Jackson Ramm or one of the other young defenders for one of the four strikers on the bench, not the most balanced. Don't see the point in both Benjani and Roberts there as the difference between the two in terms of what they bring is negligible.

Crazy as it sounds I think having Emo at full back is better than wasting olsson there.

It's not a waste! An attacking full back can be devastating going forward. Look at what Enrique did to us recently, he was the best attacking player on the field.

It's not a waste! An attacking full back can be devastating going forward. Look at what Enrique did to us recently, he was the best attacking player on the field.

It's better served when your team as a whole is defensively sound and presses well, a la Barcelona. More risky for a team in our current situation leaking goals a plenty.

Let's see if Bert is played at full back- there are several formation permutations possible with that selection.

Still cannot understand why the two best strikers (kalinic and Roque) are not playing together.

Just hope we don't see a diamond; Blackpool will have fun if that gets used against their line-up.

Archived