BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of ROVERS vs. Blackpool; 19 March 2011.

• Backroom

Anybody know the squad announcement yet?

On the Rovers site yesterday it said:

Kean is expected to select from: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Hanley, Hoilett, Nzonzi, J. Jones, Olsson, Roberts, Diouf, Emerton, Kalinic, Formica, Pedersen, Bunn, Andrews, Santa Cruz, Rochina, Benjani, P. Jones, Lowe.

But nothing since then

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did the chip on their shoulders come from?

A tiny club, who were struggling to sell 6000 not too long ago, mock our attendances? We sold out at their shed and they lie about that too.

Hope we smash them.

I like Blackpool too due to family from there, my Dad grew up there, but their fans don't half chat some rubbish.

-----------------Cruz--------Kalinic

Olsson-----Nzonzi------J Jones------Hoilett

----Givet----Nelsen----Samba----Salgado

---------------------Robinson

As Dunn is out I would go for the above. Not really convinced by it - there is not much ability to play the ball through the middle - but I suppose it is the best we have.

If Phil Jones is ready then I would partner him with J Jones in the middle instead of Nzonzi. That would make us extremely hard working in the centre and possibly allow us to dominate the ball. Also Phil can pass a ball better than people give him credit.

The key will be to get the ball wide to Hoilett and Olsson and get them running at a static Blackpool back line and getting crosses in. In this area we can with the game. If Cruz can find some form then we stand a good chance.

Formica and Rochina making some sort of impact would be nice.

Balls. Forgot Givet is out.

So same team as above but Olsson left back and Pedersen on left wing.

TCO - What is this madness about playing Emerton at left back?!! Morris if you don't like Olsson there.

On the Rovers site yesterday it said:

Kean is expected to select from: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Hanley, Hoilett, Nzonzi, J. Jones, Olsson, Roberts, Diouf, Emerton, Kalinic, Formica, Pedersen, Bunn, Andrews, Santa Cruz, Rochina, Benjani, P. Jones, Lowe.

But nothing since then

God only knows what side our estranged manager may pick , just hope it works Tomoz ! has he got that munchausens syndrome regarding our rovers ? ! seriously somat adrift

• Backroom

TCO - What is this madness about playing Emerton at left back?!! Morris if you don't like Olsson there.

Emerton is steady as a fullback and has played on the left before, basically anyone but Olsson at left back

As long as Kean plays 4-4-2 = playing MGP on the left wing will be ideal. The one thing that MGP has done right in recent months is excellent covering for Olsson when he is making his forward runs. I would love to see him take a gamble on Morris at left back - but given the importance of the game it would be a huge gamble just to get Olsson into midfield.

Emerton is steady as a fullback and has played on the left before, basically anyone but Olsson at left back

Hum. Personally I think Emerton is okay at full back if the ball is not in the air and the opposition player is slower than him. Decent going forward. Otherwise he is a liability. Plus he is very right footed.

I would rather play Phil Jones or a different central defender there than Emerton to be honest.

The phrase you only sing when you're winning springs to mind.

Every Rover needs to let the lads know they are 100% behind them before they even set foot on the pitch against Pool on Saturday.

That could be a tad difficult Maji, given that 95% of the home fans only appear in their seats in the last 5 minutes or so before kick-off' Prior to that they are apparently all on the concourse or in the pub etc. Oh for the days when you went down to Ewood at about 1pm as the only way you could guarantee getting a decent view of the entire pitch.

I think it will be a moral victory for Blackpool tomorrow in a 2-2 draw which will do us absolutely no good at all as we will then be faced with the prospect of Kean taking us down.

God only knows what side our estranged manager may pick , just hope it works Tomoz ! has he got that munchausens syndrome regarding our rovers ? ! seriously somat adrift

Hearing Kean is getting later and later with every game when it comes to handing in the team sheet for the referee, which strongly suggests hes a ditherer that doesnt have a clear mind.

Game over Howard Webb? Personally thought he was the best ref I've seen at Ewood this season vs Wolves.

Massive game tomorrow, I haven't felt so nervous before a game in years. We play to our potential its a win, no questions BUT which Rovers will turn up. We really need to back the boys tomorrow, by the same token they need to put the heart and desire us fans are desperate for.

We dream of playing in the shirt, today god picked you, play like we dream.

adam varney vaughn and campbell are certainly more useful than some of the dross on our books, so i don't see this being a straight forward win at all, not a lot of confidence in a lot of our players and no confidence in the manager to make good decisions/substitutions/tactics.

A draw is probably almost as bad as a defeat in the mess we are in, hope we attack but be more direct when doing it our players are too crap and too slow to play "nice" football if santa ain't too frail i'd go him and roberts up front and tell them to put themselves about.

• Backroom

adam varney vaughn and campbell are certainly more useful than some of the dross on our books, so i don't see this being a straight forward win at all, not a lot of confidence in a lot of our players and no confidence in the manager to make good decisions/substitutions/tactics.

A draw is probably almost as bad as a defeat in the mess we are in, hope we attack but be more direct when doing it our players are too crap and too slow to play "nice" football if santa ain't too frail i'd go him and roberts up front and tell them to put themselves about.

Campbell's suspended.

A draw is really bad but nowhere near as bad as a loss taking into account that a draw prevent's a rival getting 3 points.

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but i`ve not read much of the thread lately..... :unsure:

Does anybody know how the ticket sales are going for the game? (especially in the Darwen End home section?)

The reason i am asking is, i think i`m gonna have 2 tickets spare for the game (1 adult & 1 junior)

If anybody is interested, PM me & we`ll see what we can do.

Oh, & no donkey lashers please ;)

I know there have been some bad individual performances but I do believe Kean's team selections have contributed significantly to our decline.

You can't regularly make 4/5 changes to a team and expect to get results.

It's bizarre to say the least, no logic behind it at all.

• Backroom

Just a heads up, there will be a minutes silence for the people who died in the Tsunami last week. I'm going to make sure I'm in my seat in plenty of time.

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but i`ve not read much of the thread lately..... :unsure:

Does anybody know how the ticket sales are going for the game? (especially in the Darwen End home section?)

The reason i am asking is, i think i`m gonna have 2 tickets spare for the game (1 adult & 1 junior)

If anybody is interested, PM me & we`ll see what we can do.

Oh, & no donkey lashers please ;)

Sold out Darwen End, seem to be on course for 26/27k

I know there have been some bad individual performances but I do believe Kean's team selections have contributed significantly to our decline.

You can't regularly make 4/5 changes to a team and expect to get results.

It's bizarre to say the least, no logic behind it at all.

I agree entirely ! I ask myself am I missing something / underdtanding of how a football brain works . I shell endeavour to learn more.

Been awake since 7 a chuffing o clock ..thanks rovers.lol..if anyone is UN touch with RR suggest playing acdc for those about to rock (we salute you)...get everyone revved up for this important day.

terrific group acdc and good record ! put s smile on my face after beingbin rovers mindset x

now we shouted and sang our hearts out when we went to Blackpool ! terrific atmosphere , now let's bring that to ewood and do the double today !! come on you blues

Archived