BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers versus Manchester City, 25th April 8pm

Ewood Park could turn very nasty for this one!

A night game under the floodlights, a probably drubbing, team in the mire...

Kean could get a proper ear bashing if the fans are up for it.

Go 2-0 down and I'll be astonished if the fans aren't going mental!

I think you are right there, a lot of people (me included) have booked the 3 days in between easter weekend and the royal wedding to get an extended easter holiday, so a lot of beer will have been drunk during the (fingers crossed) sunny easter monday and when things go sour it will be very vocal against Kean

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I would say is - LEAVE THE PROTESTS until after the game......do not affect the players until we can see an outcome to the game.

After that - let Kean AVE IT!!! Could even do a staged 'sit in' for 10 minutes after the game.....that would surely get the media's attention??

If City play as they can, and we turn out our usual effort under Kean, then we will be in deep trouble.

If we somehow turn the form table upside down, and City are thinking of the cup final, then we have the chance of a draw or maybe even a win.

But the smart money must surely be on an away win. Wonder what odds we would get for a 2-0 home win?

Hughsey is right. We need something from this match. Boos will not spur the players onward. The fans need to get behind the team and be a real "12th man".

Save Kean's [well deserved] shellacking until after the final whistle is blown.

Thats a cracking preview, well done.

For those predicting a Rovers result, your all completely mad and drinking out of the same cup as Kean.

City are going to destroy us, our goal difference will be plundered and we will drop into the bottom 3 come monday evening.

Its an awful Easter to be a Rovers fan.

This will most likely not be a popular but I'd play...

Robbo

Emerton

Samba

Givet

Ollsson

Jones

Jones

Dunn (to be replaced by nzonzi when back)

Rochina

Benjani

Junior

With Emerton and Ollsson attacking or defending as needed and the same with rochina and junior.

We played crap against everton, who were in form and at home, and without our best player and although I expected to lose it still hurt. I think we'll lose against city too but I have hope. I'm not giving up on this match but Bolton will be the one where if we lose then I'll lose all hope, especially as nzonzi and junior should be back.

Oops keep spelling olsson wrong!

Best way is train via Manchester. Don't think you can go via Preston can you?

The problem will be getting home - it's a bank holiday Monday night remember. Also you'd have to get on train with all that lot back to Manchester.

• Backroom

The more I think about the game the more I panic, really is desperate times now, we don't have enough games left to keep saying 'Oh well we tried, maybe get something next week', fail to take 3 points from the next 2 games and it's game over IMO.

-----------Robinson---------------

--Salgado-Samba-Hanley-Givet------

-----J.Jones-Pedersen-P.Jones-----

-Hoilett-------------------Olsson-

-------------Benjani--------------

After the extreme disappointment of last Saturday it's hard to even imagine Rover's being a working unit out on the field, but this is how I'd try to do it. As much as it pains me to put a central defender as promising as Phil Jones in midfield, he's desperately needed there in our current state. Hanley has showed promise before, and will have to rise to the occasion as we're practically screaming for a left flank with Givet and Olsson. Pedersen adds a bit more grind to midfield and hopefully some decent set-pieces. Rochina to come on as a substitute in the second half, he just might have some luck with tired City players. This is how I think Kean will set us up:

Robinson, Salgado-Givet-Samba-Olsson, Emerton-J.Jones-Dunn-P.Jones-Hoilett, Roberts.

Easy win.

Rochina and Hoilett to score in a comfortable 2-0 victory, whilst the Blackburn End serenades with the manager with "Keano give us a wave"

I always beat City on FIFA!

Agreed. I like the positive attitude.

Easy win.

Rochina and Hoilett to score in a comfortable 2-0 victory, whilst the Blackburn End serenades with the manager with "Keano give us a wave"

I always beat City on FIFA!

Kean needs to get you in the planning room, stat! You probably have a better idea of what it'll take to win than he does. :tu::D

Archived