BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers versus Manchester City, 25th April 8pm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rev, why would you ditch Salgado? Last week he was one of a handful - Robinson and Dunny - being the others who actually showed any passion or fight. He might not be the quickest but at least he cares, which is more than can be said for most of them judging from their performances. We need that type of passion at the moment which is why I find it sad that El-Hadji is in Scotland while the woeful Emerton and Pedersen, both of whom are badly out of form, seem to be involved every week.

I, too, would love to see Dioufy back where he belongs. And Salgado is indeed one of the few to show passion for his task.

Yesterday, watching crossing and goal shooting practice, a certain Mr Samba was the outstanding striker ...

Rev, why would you ditch Salgado? Last week he was one of a handful - Robinson and Dunny - being the others who actually showed any passion or fight. He might not be the quickest but at least he cares, which is more than can be said for most of them judging from their performances. We need that type of passion at the moment which is why I find it sad that El-Hadji is in Scotland while the woeful Emerton and Pedersen, both of whom are badly out of form, seem to be involved every week.

Salgado's a great bloke, and his attitude on the pitch is second to none, unfortunately I think he is a defensive liability due to his lack of pace.

Can't stand Emerton in midfield or on the wing but he's usually done very well at RB for us.

EHD is not the answer to anything imo.

Mum good shout about Samba, in my wacky moments I had mused about trying Samba in midfield in the last week or two. :blink:

I talked about freshening things up against Everton and I wanted Rochina to start - we need a feisty team and would hopefully see Diouf involved - I have said this a bit recently however, even though he can be erratic in his play, I believe he can also make things happen and we need a spark in our attacking play. If he does not start then at least he can be used a player from the bench.

We have let so many game go by now but need to be more on the front foot for our home matches, making it difficult for teams.

Not sure about Samba in midfield, I've seen him make forward runs in the past into the midfield area and ended up losing the ball and Rovers almost paying for it. He's better on the ball than some believe but he's a centre back imo not a midfielder.

If Samba was to move anywhere it would probably be up front, worked against Spurs (he was immense in that game) and Rovers iirc were in some serious trouble at the time.

We just need to make life difficult for teams especially when we are playing at home - we have been so lame at Ewood recently plus the combination of winning and keeping a clean sheet rarely seems to happen these days.

Problem is that Kean has changed direction recently, from thinking we could outscore teams and win to trying to be more compact and a little more direct.

RSC shouldn't be playing anyway so he'll be no loss. Its obvious we've carried on playing him even though he's not fit. The only way to beat City is with pace and taking it to them. I'd play all of Ollson, Hoilett (I hope),Rochina and Kalinic.

Central midfield is a problem, I'd go with the Jones boys and let Dunn come on later.

Its the sort of side I would have said was suicide weeks ago but we have to win one game at home somehow and fortune favours the brave (sometimes!).Last throw of the dice and all that.

Robbo

Salgado Samba Givet Olsson

Jones Jones Pedersen

Hoillet

Kalinic Rochina

Like the team you've suggested - would really like Hoilett and Rochina to get at ManC's full backs (which I think is their weakness), and give some opportunities to Kalinic. I'm sure if we give him the service, he'll be ready to tuck a goal or two away...

Also, we know the two Jones's will give everything therefore Pedersen needs a good game and have some influence in terms of good set pieces and crosses in the box... Then we may have a chance to nick something.

Like the team you've suggested - would really like Hoilett and Rochina to get at ManC's full backs (which I think is their weakness), and give some opportunities to Kalinic. I'm sure if we give him the service, he'll be ready to tuck a goal or two away...

Also, we know the two Jones's will give everything therefore Pedersen needs a good game and have some influence in terms of good set pieces and crosses in the box... Then we may have a chance to nick something.

Its too narrow. We have pace on the flanks ----why not use it? Also, Givet left-back surely and Ollson pushing up? Its our only hope.

Well if it was me I'd go with ...

Robinson

Salgado Samba Hanley Givet

J Jones P Jones

Hoilett Rochina Olsson

Kalinic

Solid back four, tough hard cover from the Jones boys sitting in front, pace from Hoilett and Olsson to protect the space in front of the full backs plus energy and creativity going forward. Special K has to get on the pitch for this match surely!?

Complete pie in the sky I know but if we went this way I'd be looking for a score draw and a very useful point.

That also would be my team.

I'm surprised City aren't insisting RSC has to play in this one.

Its too narrow. We have pace on the flanks ----why not use it? Also, Givet left-back surely and Ollson pushing up? Its our only hope.

I agree to a point - Use the pace of Hoilett and Rochina down the flanks, get at the fullback and create some openings.... Think Olsson will be at fullback, purely because young Jones will be needed in midfield to help kill of Citys Toure, Barry, Silva etc. Also, with Adam Johnson likely to be on the right side, Olsson can combat his runs and push him back with forward runs of his own. Pedersen can also do his bit in this area too...

NZonzi still suspended?

Time to ditch the one up front routine and go back to two strikers whereby we were at least creating chances and scoring some goals earlier in Kean's tenure. With a lone striker we haven't even been creating any chances.

Robinson

Emerton Samba Givet Olsson

Hoillett Phil Jones J Jones Dunn

RSC Kalinic

Plenty of attacking potential in that team.

Agree with ditching the one up front Rev (always have and always will) and the names I would go with (except RSC of course)but different positions.

I would stick PJ back at CB and Givet at LB with Olsson on the left of midfield and Dunn in the centre.

Rochina has to be given the chance up front and Kalinic has to be the no brainer if Benjani is a no play.

We have to be on the offensive from the off imo to stand a chance, and as I have posted previously need to try and get a lead and foothold in a game.

Let Dunny run himself out and keep Olsson and Junior where they can and do cause problems.

As my above reply to HASTA states I think results will probably be more against us this weekend so we need to start making sure we don't need to worry about others and concentrate on our own game and install some much needed confidence back into the team.

Every next game now is a must win game until we get that win and see how that puts us at the time.

That also would be my team.

I'm surprised City aren't insisting RSC has to play in this one.

Would be my first choice too. A gamble but nothing to lose. And "yes" 1 more game out for N'Zonzi or we could have had P Jones at centre-back. Those refs have killed us over recent weeks.

Robbo

Salgado Samba Givet Olsson

Jones Jones Pedersen

Hoillet

Kalinic Rochina

I have to say for me this would be suicide. With five across the middle we are going to struggle to get the ball, with three we won't get it at all and give the quality City wide players free reign to murder our full backs who are vulnerable to pace and trickery as it is.

You're usually spot on in my estimation tactic wise Maj, so I find this gung ho suggestion quite surprising.

refs... ??? i thought you reckoned it was all steve kean's fault

Kean has made a lot of bad tactical choices, but we have had the worst luck with ref decisions I can remember. Two pens (at least) that shouldn't have been given and two long bans for Nzonzi and Givet that were unfair.

On top of that losing Nelsen till the end of the season, and we are all assuming Hoilett will be fit. If he isn't we are sunk.

• Backroom

Agree with ditching the one up front Rev (always have and always will) and the names I would go with (except RSC of course)but different positions.

I would stick PJ back at CB and Givet at LB with Olsson on the left of midfield and Dunn in the centre.

Rochina has to be given the chance up front and Kalinic has to be the no brainer if Benjani is a no play.

We have to be on the offensive from the off imo to stand a chance, and as I have posted previously need to try and get a lead and foothold in a game.

Let Dunny run himself out and keep Olsson and Junior where they can and do cause problems.

As my above reply to HASTA states I think results will probably be more against us this weekend so we need to start making sure we don't need to worry about others and concentrate on our own game and install some much needed confidence back into the team.

Every next game now is a must win game until we get that win and see how that puts us at the time.

He'll be substituted after 5 minutes then

Kean has made a lot of bad tactical choices, but we have had the worst luck with ref decisions I can remember. Two pens (at least) that shouldn't have been given and two long bans for Nzonzi and Givet that were unfair.

On top of that losing Nelsen till the end of the season, and we are all assuming Hoilett will be fit. If he isn't we are sunk.

i agree 100% joey. terrible decisions. i was making the point to 47, as he blames everything on steve kean according to his posts in other threads.

im convinced there is a conspiracy to get rovers and small clubs out of the league.

atwell, clattenberg, webb and foy have all added fuel to this in recent weeks. they seem to dream up decisions.

Archived