BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers versus Manchester City, 25th April 8pm

What an enormous amount of effort you have put into this.

Just a couple of things-I think the 4-1 defeat was in Manchester, and the goal against Everton was at Ewood.

Brilliant effort.

Yeah it was late at night, I've corrected it..the last time we played City at Ewood was way back in 2009!

Fantastic preview! Although you got the sides of the team the wrongway round? Shouldn't Salgado be at right back?

Doh, switched them around now :blush:

What has Pedersen done to deserve starting? He's been absolute ######, and even dropping him wasn't a wake-up call.

What have any of them done to deserve starting? At least he's not arguing with the club which is why I dropped Givet meaning Ped would have to start.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are five games left and we can't afford to have an attitude of "We can't get anything from this game."

We have to fight for our lives in every game and we HAVE to get five or six points. It doesn't matter whether they're from City and United or West Ham and Wolves. But we have to get them.

OK - so we are now down from 9 cup finals to 5 cup finals - let's hope the last few matches have just been dress rehearsals.

I hope we win. But the current squad seems largely defeated. Things need to be shaken up. The squad needs energy and bite.

Here's how I, Steve Moss, drunken armchair general, would set us up:

______________Robinson

Salgado____Samba___Hanley___J. Morris

_______J Jones_______P Jones

Hoilett_____________________Olsson

_______Rochina_______Kalinic

I hope we win. But the current squad seems largely defeated. Things need to be shaken up. The squad needs energy and bite.

Here's how I, Steve Moss, drunken armchair general, would set us up:

______________Robinson

Salgado____Samba___Hanley___J. Morris

_______J Jones_______P Jones

Hoilett_____________________Olsson

_______Rochina_______Kalinic

That's a good-looking team but haven't we any young gun at right back to replace the slow and aging Sally?

The rest have "legs" but Sally's have gone.

Happy to hear RSC can't play this week. He hasn't looked like scoring. Starting Roberts certainly isn't the answer though. I'd imagine Kean will start Diouf alongside Rochina, but hope that he sorts out any differences with Kalinic and starts him.

That said, fully expecting Kean to start Roberts and buy a space age cloning facility so that he can clone Roberts TP bring him on at 60 minutes.

......................... Robinson

Salgado ... Samba ... Givet ... Olsson

........................... N'Zonzi

.................... Jones ...... Jones

.... Hoilett ............................. Rochina

........................ Don't care

Do it Kean, we'll dick 'em!

......................... Robinson

Salgado ... Samba ... Givet ... Olsson

........................... N'Zonzi

.................... Jones ...... Jones

.... Hoilett ............................. Rochina

........................ Don't care

Do it Kean, we'll dick 'em!

That could lead to a points deduction-we think N'Zonzo is still banned.

That could lead to a points deduction-we think N'Zonzo is still banned.

Ah damn, for some reason I thought I'd read it was a two game ban. If that's the case then it's even more pressing that we have the Jones twins in midfield, City are very physical in there.

Either Dunn, Emerton or Pedersen then, reluctantly.

The one thing which gives me hope for this game?

Man city haven't won a Premier League match away from home since...wait for it...Boxing Day at St. James. So, Man City can't win away from home, and Rovers can't win anywhere lately...sounds like the chicken and the egg question. 1-1 is my prediction. A point is good, but not quite enough.

I believe 4 more points would be enough to secore our Premiership status. One here, then rooting for Man United to have the league wrapped up by the time we play them. I know, I know...longshot that we beat them. But I don't know if my nerves could handle needing an away result on the last day of the season.

David Dunn would be nowhere near the starting eleven for me. He was poor at Everton and currently is doing nothing to justify a starting place. He just can't do it anymore and we need some good legs in the middle of the park. Pedersen has been poor lately but at least he can get up and down and his long throws and set pieces could be useful. For me the team should be:

...........Robinson......................

Salgado...Samba.......Givet.......Olssen

Hoilett...J Jones.....P Jones....Pedersen

...............Rochina...................

..............Kalinic....................

• Backroom

If we fail to get anything then we have to go all out attack against Bolton, realistically I think we need to win one of the next two games and avoid defeat at west ham and wolves to stay up

First match of the season Ive been able to attend, hopefully the team will put on a good performance.

If Kean plays Dunn in the center in a four man midfield im going to be sick. Dont work, and how cant Kean see it? Dunn dont last more than 45 mins anyway so why start him..

-----------Robinson-----------

Salgado--Samba--Givet--Olsson

-----------P.Jones-----------

------J.Jones---Gamst---------

Rochina-------------------Hoilett

Kalinic/Roberts/Benjani/RSC

Thanks for the preview, much appreciated.

Hard for even the most positive fan to imagine a win in this fixture. City will be bouyed by their win at weekend and still have much to play for in the league. Whatever team they put out I imagine they will be far too good for us. We will struggle to score and keep a clean sheet.

This was never a game we realistically hoped or expected anything from, but results against lesser teams mean this is a game we now must not lose. This rollercoaster is not slowing down just yet.

0-2.

Thanks for the preview, much appreciated.

Hard for even the most positive fan to imagine a win in this fixture. City will be bouyed by their win at weekend and still have much to play for in the league. Whatever team they put out I imagine they will be far too good for us. We will struggle to score and keep a clean sheet.

This was never a game we realistically hoped or expected anything from, but results against lesser teams mean this is a game we now must not lose. This rollercoaster is not slowing down just yet.

0-2.

totally agree with the above score the rollercoaster isnt slowing down at the moment ...at this moment in time Kean couldnt send out a side to beat a non league side....unless by some miracle he plays kalinic + Santa Cruz actually does something with a possible point to prove against City...otherwise we are doomed and there is the scenario of us being in the bottom 3 before a ball is kicked on Monday night how will the puppet put a positive spin on that one ????

1 point in this match is a bare minimum.

I think you will be disappointed.... I'm an optimist but a point would be an outrageous success in this game. Man City are a great side and we are missing two key players in Nelsen and Nzonzi - maybe Hoilett as well.

I'm hoping for a tight defensive performance, a lot of workrate heart and desire, and some sort of glimmer of attacking prowess. If that happens I won't be too depressed if we lose.

What annoyed me about Everton away is that we had poor shape and we didn't work very hard which is criminal at any time, but when we are staring down the barrel of relegation...!

A win for Blackpool (Newcastle home) and Wigan (Sunderland away) on Saturday will mean Rovers kick off on Monday night in the bottom three for the first time this sason I think. The likely drubbing we will get from City will have us firmly in the mire, maybe then the manager will realise what a mess we are in. In this scenario, things could get very messy as City start scoring and the home crowd likely to be ready to get on the players backs, fuelled by weeks of poor showings and an easter belly full of boozing. This match could be pivotal.

• Moderation Lead

The 2nd home match of the season I'll be missing due to the DE S/T, recent performances haven't inspired me to put my hand in my pocket if I'm honest!

I've been one of the optimists for quite some time, but after Saturday I'm very worried- a draw at best for Rovers in my eyes.

Ewood Park could turn very nasty for this one!

A night game under the floodlights, a probably drubbing, team in the mire...

Kean could get a proper ear bashing if the fans are up for it.

Go 2-0 down and I'll be astonished if the fans aren't going mental!

Archived