BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Faithless Fans

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop digging TGM :D

Either way, BRFCS in 2011 and BRFCS in the late 90s would be two totally different places considering the amount of members etc. The sheer amount of members venting their frustrations now coupled with the issues with ownership which we never had in the late 90s would understandably make the atmosphere on here as negative as ever.

When we went down in 1999, we assumed we'd be back up soon enough. If we go down next month, there'll be no such assumptions.

Either way, BRFCS in 2011 and BRFCS in the late 90s would be two totally different places considering the amount of members etc. The sheer amount of members venting their frustrations now coupled with the issues with ownership which we never had in the late 90s would understandably make the atmosphere on here as negative as ever.

When we went down in 1999, we assumed we'd be back up soon enough. If we go down next month, there'll be no such assumptions.

There was probably more venom on the old board, especially with the dingles, also we had a few brushes with promotion to div 1.

Grooby did a good job in the early days, just because the numbers have increased does not mean the debates are more intense.

Ask members like USAblue what it used to be like.

You new comers missed out on a lot,

especially my life time ban from all dingle boards

:lol:

Holier than thou? I think your view is wrong, I am pointing out that lots of people see the negative side to fans behaviour. Still if it makes you happy do what you want. It is an observation and a request, after the game I understand.

I don't set myself up better than anyone else, I also believe everyone on this board cares about the Rovers.

I don't why you are surprised at the so-called negativity - though heavens know it is justified considering our plummeting fortunes since Venky's took over.

Fact is, people are never happy even when the club is doing well. We had a good season last year, finishing 10th with wins over top-four clubs, and reached a cup semi-final yet that wasn't good enough for the intellectually challenged on the Blackburn End who thought they ought to be watching Barcelona-style football at a club funded by an Accrington Stanley-style budget.

We all care about Rovers and we'll all be behind the team tomorrow but another poor performance and result and fans will rightly vent their spleen.

It's not negative and it's not faithless - it's anger borne out of feelings of frustration and helplessness at the death of our beloved club.

The fans at Rovers are the same as all fans, a mixed bunch.

However where I sit in the Riverside I have heard all season abuse directed at Andrews (whether he was picked by Sam or Kean) and also at Pedersen. The latter had to put up with an idiot running up to the wall to abuse him as he set up for a throw.

You must sit next to me, and i'm not an idiot... :P

Perhaps this topic would be better titled Odious Owners or Malevolant Manager?

It's not negative and it's not faithless - it's anger borne out of feelings of frustration and helplessness at the death of our beloved club.

That's the whole point though isn't it, the Club is by no means "dead" or dying or "lost it's soul" or any such similar baloney , we have simply been taken over by new owners who have replaced one manager and seemingly made a mistake with the appointment of his repacement.

Said owners do seem at least willing to put some money into the team (unlike the last ones) even if it's not the Abramovic type sums people would like cr the fact that the January signings haven't had the desired for effect yet.

That's about it really. 99% of reaction to everything else that has happened since then has been a huge over-reaction.

Good post roversider.

That's the whole point though isn't it, the Club is by no means "dead" or dying or "lost it's soul" or any such similar baloney , we have simply been taken over by new owners who have replaced one manager and seemingly made a mistake with the appointment of his repacement.

Said owners do seem at least willing to put some money into the team (unlike the last ones) even if it's not the Abramovic type sums people would like cr the fact that the January signings haven't had the desired for effect yet.

That's about it really. 99% of reaction to everything else that has happened since then has been a huge over-reaction.

Good post roversider.

You didn't answer the other day. You stated people decrying over SEM involvement in the club were worrying 'over something and nothing'.

You stand by that Rev, and why?

Good post roversider.

You are in a very small minority if that's what you think. The club has lost its identity, liefelong supporters and even relatively new supporters find it extremely difficult to relate to Rovers now. Once renowned as well run 'family' club with sound values - IMO, we are now a laughing stock in the world of football with little, if any, credibility. If nothing changes and we manage to stay-up, IMO, season ticket sales will fall by about 5,000, if we go down, double that fall to 10,000.

The soul of the club, IMO, has well and truly been lost, we are dying and we face being on the critical list for years to come.

You didn't answer the other day. You stated people decrying over SEM involvement in the club were worrying 'over something and nothing'.

You stand by that Rev, and why?

Sorry you'll have to clarify what you mean, I thought I answered your post at the time.

If I recall you brought up Myles Anderson as an example why we faced impending doom and I think my reply was "so what"

Even if he's no good he isn't going to make or break us, and in the past we've signed Julio Santa Cruz primarily to keep Roque happy and employed John Williams' son Simon in a key role off the pitch.

Julio is absolutely useless imo, Simon is I think pretty good at his job. Neither decision brought everything crashing down round our ears.

Sorry you'll have to clarify what you mean, I thought I answered your post at the time.

If I recall you brought up Myles Anderson as an example why we faced impending doom and I think my reply was "so what"

Even if he's no good he isn't going to make or break us, and in the past we've signed Julio Santa Cruz primarily to keep Roque happy and employed John Williams' son Simon in a key role off the pitch.

Julio is absolutely useless imo, Simon is I think pretty good at his job. Neither decision brought everything crashing down round our ears.

No issues with Steve Kean getting a three year deal as team manager?

Or an Assistant Manager brought in that had never met the manager, and has seen only one win in his period at the club?

Forget the minor issues like Myles Anderson (though it does stink) and look at the CRITICAL issues.

Good post roversider.

Good post, couldn't agree more.

Jack Walker did many good things for the club, but sadly on the back of that came the prawn sandwich brigade, who want nothing but success success success and are useless when the chips are down.

Good post, couldn't agree more.

Jack Walker did many good things for the club, but sadly on the back of that came the prawn sandwich brigade, who want nothing but success success success and are useless when the chips are down.

Like me Gav, and my family and friends that have been going since time immorial? they are disgusted and devestated in equal measure.

Stupid statement.

You are in a very small minority if that's what you think. The club has lost its identity, liefelong supporters and even relatively new supporters find it extremely difficult to relate to Rovers now. Once renowned as well run 'family' club with sound values - IMO, we are now a laughing stock in the world of football with little, if any, credibility. If nothing changes and we manage to stay-up, IMO, season ticket sales will fall by about 5,000, if we go down, double that fall to 10,000.

The soul of the club, IMO, has well and truly been lost, we are dying and we face being on the critical list for years to come.

I have to say that viewpoint is absolute nonsense imo and without wishing to be rude you've generally been the chief proponent of it.

I'm surprised it's come from someone who purports to have been around since the Ken Furphy days, I would actually have expected it from someone who has only witnessed the relative success of the post Jack era.

The only thing I will agree with you on is, we are screwed if we go down (unless the owners back us to the hilt). We'd also have been screwed if we'd gone down under the previous owners as well and I can't predict what will happen to the gates if we go down but I would imagine there would be a sharp decrease in the event of relegation regardless of ownership.

If we stay up there's no reason whatsoever not to renew imo, unless there's an increase to bring us more into line with everyone else and you're only here cfor the cheap tickets.

I have to say that viewpoint is absolute nonsense imo and without wishing to be rude you've generally been the chief proponent of it.

[/quote

Maybe you should get out a bit more!

That's the view of most of the people who sit around me at the match, that is the view of about a dozen of us talking things through in the pub on Friday, that is the view of most at an event I was at yesterday, that is the view of many posters on this MB, that is the view of 90% of contrbutors on the LT site, that is the view of most of my work associates. I could go on and on but I wont.

Some felt the sands shifting very early in the early days of Venky's & Kean and many others now feel the same. I actually think that the penny hasn't yet dropped with a few and you seem to be one of them.

It's simple - many, many supporters now don't regard Rovers as 'their club'. Venky's with, IMO, their appalling management have turned the club into a 'commodity' that very soon the consumer will stop buying.

I'm surprised it's come from someone who purports to have been around since the Ken Furphy days, I would actually have expected it from someone who has only witnessed the relative success of the post Jack era.

Bang on Rev :tu:

Ahhhh I remember the venom flying on the old mailing list too. It made me cry once in my youth, it was probably Gav.

The list is still going, but sadly a lot of the more opinionated users have now left it :(

Absolutely,

Like away at Halifax midweek game and torential rain, stand no cover,

thats when you earn your colours

I don't understand this mentality.

I have been to Port Vale, Walsall yada yada, I also went last time we were relegated- like the 80s it wernt.

Cheap tickets- gone, the terraces- gone, players earning fortunes- yep still there.

If I'm fuming that we are throwing away a mid table PL existence and regular cup semi finals, 25000 average crowds and subsidised cheap tickets to go back to the lower leagues, I make no apology.

I don't understand this mentality.

I have been to Port Vale, Walsall yada yada, I also went last time we were relegated- like the 80s it wernt.

Cheap tickets- gone, the terraces- gone, players earning fortunes- yep still there.

If I'm fuming that we are throwing away a mid table PL existence and regular cup semi finals, 25000 average crowds and subsidised cheap tickets to go back to the lower leagues, I make no apology.

No body asked you to apologise and my post was not directed at you so don't yada yada me.

Like the 80's it wern't, to right, try the 60's though.

Or better still when we went down to the 3rd, grown hard men crying on the Blackburn end,

no body knew then what was in store for us.

but guess what, we came back.

It was yada yada instead of etc etc in a general direction, yoda! :P

We only came back because of Jack, the chances of finding another would be slight to say the least- so why act so recklessly.

I would be there if we fell and fell and fell until we were playing a local derby at AFC Darwen, but I just hate seeing posts that try and make out that those that cherish how far we have come and don't want to go back, are spoilt and don't recall 'thowden days'.

Far from it.

As I recall, having joined the board in 1999, the mood when we were 15th in the Championship and losing 5-1 to Barnsley with an awful team was anything but upbeat, it was resigned as opposed toi the mass fury now. I recall the predominant view was the the miracle was over, we'd had our day in the sun and ahcieved far far more than any of us ever dreamed of, but what a ride it had been. Souness's appointment was greeted with much derision on here by many and further evidence that the glory days were over - h'd been sacked from his last few jobs after all. Winning promotion, finishing 6th and winning a trophy were the last things on anyone's minds.

Good post roversider.

Nonsense .

You know full well that it is more than just about the appointment of a useless manager and that the new owners have made one crass decision after another.

The consequences of relegation have been stated many times and is not an over-reaction. If you think Rovers will bounce back like 10 years ago you are deluded.

Nonsense .

You know full well that it is more than just about the appointment of a useless manager and that the new owners have made one crass decision after another.

The consequences of relegation have been stated many times and is not an over-reaction. If you think Rovers will bounce back like 10 years ago you are deluded.

You may be right Jim, but moaning and groaning on sites like this isn't going to change things is it?

Time to show some backbone.

Even though I don't attend the games "live", I support all ROvers players during the whole game, even Andrews.

I might not like some of them but as long as they play for ROvers, they are the best players in the world.

I know things are not looking very good for us but we are still above those teams and we have to support our team till the last day.

If the players and manager don't perform, it's their problem and we deserve to get some answers.

But we have to be 100% behind ROVERS!!

Archived