BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Faithless Fans

HAIL THE MIGHTY DARWEN END..FFS.

COME SIT WHERE WE SIT ,WELL STAND , WE SING AND HAVE SUNG THERE SINCE EWOOD WAS REBUILT AND DID SO IN THE LATE 70'S (BEFORE FOR SOME PEOPLE).THE CHEAP SEATS ARE A NEW THING AND THERE IS ROOM FOR EVERYONE BUT FFS THERE JUST ISNT THE CHEAP SEATS SINGING!!!

Calm down.

Could have had me fooled, at times the Blackburn End has been horribly subdued, other times it has been good.

NO1 I'm guessing? It can be frustrating at times when parts of the BBE don't sing, unless we get a corner shooting that way.

Especially given how good it can be, eg v Burnley

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a couple of those near us and what a pain in the neck they are. You miss lumps of the game with tham coming and going and making everybody stand to let them in and out. They really get on my wick.

I sit slap bank in the middle of a row, so I have the maximum number of people to get past. I've not missed a first half kick off in years (though I've been close and in my defence, I drive from Leeds each game) never leave early and STILL get muttered at by people when I'm 2 mins late in the second half ... because thats how long it takes to get down the row, nip to the loo (at it's busiest), queue for a coffee (at it's busiest), get served (never quick) and return to my seat :(

I sit slap bank in the middle of a row, so I have the maximum number of people to get past. I've not missed a first half kick off in years (though I've been close and in my defence, I drive from Leeds each game) never leave early and STILL get muttered at by people when I'm 2 mins late in the second half ... because thats how long it takes to get down the row, nip to the loo (at it's busiest), queue for a coffee (at it's busiest), get served (never quick) and return to my seat :(

Bring a flask or move your seat to the end of the row. You are a pest.

This is my final post, on this issue and to be honest for the foreseeable future.

Keep posting Roversider. Maybe my posts came across as being a bit aggressive and if they did, then I apologise for that. You've said what you think and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Keep posting.

Absolutely typical of this messageboard at the moment, anyone says anything which is pro or at least neutral towards the owners or the manager they get hounded out of dodge.

Incidentally roversider if you're still reading the board I thought your posts in this thread were the best and most balanced I've seen on this forum for some time.

Absolutely typical of this messageboard at the moment, anyone says anything which is pro or at least neutral towards the owners or the manager they get hounded out of dodge.

Incidentally roversider if you're still reading the board I thought your posts in this thread were the best and most balanced I've seen on this forum for some time.

....and I'm going to say it again, Spot on Rev :tu:

:lol: You can start a list of the best things Venky's or Kean have done up 'til now Rev. I'll start you off......

1]

I agree, proper fan, as upset as anyone, but i don't think he was 'hounded'.

BTW, what's 'balance' Rev?

:lol: You can start a list of the best things Venky's or Kean have done up 'til now Rev. I'll start you off......

1]

Funded the signings in January, which included a reported 90k a week for RSC, more than we've ever payed a player before in the history of the club.

Funded the signings in January, which included a reported 90k a week for RSC, more than we've ever payed a player before in the history of the club.

Paid off well that didn't it?

Paid off well that didn't it?

I wasn't asked if it paid off, just point out what Venkys and Kean had done up until now, which is a damn site more than the trust would have done I can tell you that much.

What on earth are you on about? I can't see any "hounding out" of Roversider. Someone might have said the post was a bit "holier than thou" but they later apologised for it. Apart from that all I can see is fairly reasoned responses.

The post is hard to disagree with but it's just a fairly long winded way of saying "get behind the team" - something that I think most of us are agreed on.

He says he hasn't wanted a manager sacked since the days of Jim Iley - well I wasn't around in the days of Iley but I've been around for the time of Harford, Kidd and Ince and I'm grateful our fans and board have been more reasonable than that.

We don't know that, do we Gav? I think it will be some time yet before we know how Venky's are handling the clubs finances. There are real fears from some fans that the clubs debt is rising pretty quickly.

We don't know that, do we Gav? I think it will be some time yet before we know how Venky's are handling the clubs finances. There are real fears from some fans that the clubs debt is rising pretty quickly.

Exactly.

Signing players on 90,000 a week who blatantly aren't worth it will never be seen as a good move.

The only thing that remains to be seen is whether it's out of their own pocket (ie a neutral move), or whether it's coming out of the clubs' finances and is simply poor financial control (a negative move).

I don't think Leeds and Pompey fans will look back on players signed on inflated wages fondly.

Are these the same fans who told us Kean was being sacked after the Fulham game ;)

You asked what Venkys had done, and I told you den.

Signing players on 90,000 a week who blatantly aren't worth it will never be seen as a good move.

Allardyce was going to sign RSC also TGM.

• Moderation Lead

My only issue with this is people saying 'I've already resigned myself to relegation' et al. We have the players to stay up, we can do it, I just can't abide people saying they're resigned to relegation when we've not been in the bottom 3 at any point this season (I don't think).

BRFC means everything to me, and thousands of others I've not been happy with many aspects of the takeover, the signings et al, but I think if we survive and get to the summer, I'm hoping some of the questions from fans directed at the owners, as being however many thousand miles away in India isn't helping themselves or the fans.

I was very impressed with Roversider's posts as well, very balanced views, it's a shame he feels hounded out of the messageboard.

Are these the same fans who told us Kean was being sacked after the Fulham game ;)

You asked what Venkys had done, and I told you den.

Valid fears for the debt Gav.

....and yes, I know you told us Venky's had put in a transfer kitty, but we don't know that, do we.

It was a simple observation that might have warranted a yes or no answer.

I wasn't asked if it paid off, just point out what Venkys and Kean had done up until now, which is a damn site more than the trust would have done I can tell you that much.

The trust kept this club afloat in the Premierleague for many seasons Gav,show some respect.

Venky'd and Kean are two of a kind ...clueless.

Archived