BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Faithless Fans

Think Rovers fans on the whole have been very good and very patient at the home games this season, despite an out pouring of criticism across all Rovers related internet sites towards the ownwers, manager, agent/advisor and certain players.

One positive this season has certainly been the Darwen end crowd, yet it seems not many of them have relocated to other parts of the ground for the Man City game.

Fully expect the Rovers crowd to get behind the team for the final three home games, most definitely, yet, if the team are a couple of goals down to Bolton and looking like theres no way back then the crowd will have every right to vent and voice their anger and frustrations on Kean.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess my thoughts when I started this post was to try and get some focus on to what we, as fans, need to do until the mathematics say we are safe or are relegated. That is to support the team in a positive manner.

I know the feelings are running high, I know that a lot of posters disagree with me and would happily demonstrate and shout their derision about the management and the owners, Well I won't be doing that and, as the article inferred about Blackpool, I don't think it will help the Rovers.

As for those who rubbish our history as fans, yes we have been down in the depths and we have come back. Jack's cash lifted us back into the Premiership and without that maybe we would be a mid-table Championship or League 1 team. The hard core fans then didn't leave early in my memory. Again, as the article infers, that happens more because the crowds are bigger and include more less commited fans. That is the way of the top-flight for a team like Rovers. 20,000 crowds for us would not happen in the lower leagues but we would be more determined in attitude. My opinion only.

Going down would be a big problem but not the death of the club. For those people who say the heart of the club is gone, that it has been stolen from us - what a load of old rubbish. If you think that 136 years of history can be destroyed overnight by some new owners then I think you had a fantasy view about this club. Bill Fox might have been a local man but he didn't listen that much to the fans. Did we have more attention from the Walker Trust?

No doubt I will get a pile of stick from a certain section of this board and be branded as a 'Venkys/Kean' lover, well for once I couldn't give a proverbial. My love for the Rovers remains undiluted and I don't intend to change.

Finally, if you disagree with me then fine, I don't for a second assume that you care less than me about the Rovers.

Fans leaving early is not a new thing- probably easier in all seater stadiums. Look at any game at any level on tv- people start drifting out pn about 85 mins.

This bloke on my row comes late, goes down early at half time, comes back after the second half has kicked off and leaves early- he's done that for years.

Just habit for a lot of folk.

No doubt I will get a pile of stick from a certain section of this board and be branded as a 'Venkys/Kean' lover, well for once I couldn't give a proverbial. My love for the Rovers remains undiluted and I don't intend to change.

I don't think so Roversider.

I wont be protesting or giving stick to anyone. It's just my view that trying to tell fans how they should behave - or how they should support the team, is just a waste of time and to some extent neither me, nor you have that right. They will do what they want to do, because they always have. Not just fans of our club, but fans of every club.

Same with posts on here. It's a messageboard for the use of all rovers fans and people will say what they want to say. You and I are only a small part of this site.

The consequences of relegation have been stated many times and is not an over-reaction. If you think Rovers will bounce back like 10 years ago you are deluded.

I never said we would did I? To have any chance would depend on how supportive the owners were.

To quote John Williams from a fans forum many moons ago when we looked in danger of going down under Souness one year:

"We've done a provisional budget in the event we go down and it looks like the Somme. And that's without the loss of the ITV digital money!"

I never said we would did I? To have any chance would depend on how supportive the owners were.

The evidence in the January window is that the owners will spend only a limited sum of money and then very reluctantly - unless it is marquee signing such as Ronaldinho of course.

You may think there is an over-reaction to their tenure so far but most fans would say it has been a disaster on and off the field.

Keep eating the chicken.

This topic like most (including mine now) is very pointless because tomorrow we win and have faith or we lose and hell breaks loose.

All comments made tonight will mean very little if we lose.

I have a feeling we will lose big too purely because Kean pits that fear in me.

This is a nightmare

I wanted to support Liverpool when I was 4 my Dad forced Blackburn on me

This is everyones fault but mine

This topic like most (including mine now) is very pointless because tomorrow we win and have faith or we lose and hell breaks loose.

All comments made tonight will mean very little if we lose.

I have a feeling we will lose big too purely because Kean pits that fear in me.

This is a nightmare

I wanted to support Liverpool when I was 4 my Dad forced Blackburn on me

This is everyones fault but mine

Haha I was given no choice whatsoever too, but it's all good :D. I'm glad Rovers are my whole family's club and when we're doing well the whole family is absolutely delighted together, and we all feel the same when we lose/times are bad.

I have a slightly upbeat feeling about tomorrow. I'm not going to be dismayed if we lose because, frankly, on paper it is a write off. But those players are hopefully going to be fired up FTW and I hope to god they get it.

Maybe you should get out a bit more!

That's the view of most of the people who sit around me at the match, that is the view of about a dozen of us talking things through in the pub on Friday, that is the view of most at an event I was at yesterday, that is the view of many posters on this MB, that is the view of 90% of contrbutors on the LT site, that is the view of most of my work associates. I could go on and on but I wont.

Some felt the sands shifting very early in the early days of Venky's & Kean and many others now feel the same. I actually think that the penny hasn't yet dropped with a few and you seem to be one of them.

It's simple - many, many supporters now don't regard Rovers as 'their club'. Venky's with, IMO, their appalling management have turned the club into a 'commodity' that very soon the consumer will stop buying.

Miseryman - that may well be the view in Burnley....they pray each day that this club will die....BUT IT WONT!!

As Rev rightly pointed out, other than sack a manager (90% of fans hated his style) and replace with a bad choice, they havent done much else so far. They have however allowed us to bring in a couple of players in Jan....something the Trust wouldnt have.

Whatever you have heard, isnt the same as around me @ N02 or in the pubs with the lads I talk too....yes they all seem to dislike Kean but apart from that, nobody is saying 'its the end of us'.

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH!!

This is our club....as Roversider was getting at 'YOUR CLUB needs YOU NOW more than ever'!

I know you are positive Hughesy, but that just isn't the vibe I am picking up around town at all. People are angry at a lot more than Steve Kean.

If we stay up then we can hopefully move on from here, however if we go down this club could well be finished- a relegation brought on by clueless and arrogant owners.

And as for STILL knocking Allardyce's 'style', as a super fan like yourself, are results not the name of the game?

Miseryman - that may well be the view in Burnley....they pray each day that this club will die....BUT IT WONT!!

As Rev rightly pointed out, other than sack a manager (90% of fans hated his style) and replace with a bad choice, they havent done much else so far. They have however allowed us to bring in a couple of players in Jan....something the Trust wouldnt have.

Whatever you have heard, isnt the same as around me @ N02 or in the pubs with the lads I talk too....yes they all seem to dislike Kean but apart from that, nobody is saying 'its the end of us'.

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH!!

This is our club....as Roversider was getting at 'YOUR CLUB needs YOU NOW more than ever'!

Impossible to get 90% of Rovers fans to agree on anything--but Kean has "managed" it.

Good post, couldn't agree more.

Jack Walker did many good things for the club, but sadly on the back of that came the prawn sandwich brigade, who want nothing but success success success and are useless when the chips are down.

Couldn't agree more! Some folk need a reality check. WE are the club, not the owners, therefore it is US who decide whether or not the club dies.

Sometimes you hear people saying '.....what we have had to put up with, being a Rovers fan....'. 90% of football fans would give anything to have had what we've had (and still have). At best, most have to put up with their team competing in the lower divisons with empty grounds with little chance of going up. At worst they're facing exstinction.

Things are great at the moment but we can make the difference.

Haha I was given no choice whatsoever too, but it's all good :D. I'm glad Rovers are my whole family's club and when we're doing well the whole family is absolutely delighted together, and we all feel the same when we lose/times are bad.

I have a slightly upbeat feeling about tomorrow. I'm not going to be dismayed if we lose because, frankly, on paper it is a write off. But those players are hopefully going to be fired up FTW and I hope to god they get it.

when I was 4 Father Christmas had run out of Liverpool shirts, funny that, seemed to have Blackburn and England shirts in shock.

Fans leaving early is not a new thing- probably easier in all seater stadiums. Look at any game at any level on tv- people start drifting out pn about 85 mins.

This bloke on my row comes late, goes down early at half time, comes back after the second half has kicked off and leaves early- he's done that for years.

Just habit for a lot of folk.

We have a couple of those near us and what a pain in the neck they are. You miss lumps of the game with tham coming and going and making everybody stand to let them in and out. They really get on my wick.

Fair question since your membership date has you starting in 2001.

they lost all data and members post and histories if i remember correct and dave birch was given thousands of posts .

Good post, couldn't agree more.

Jack Walker did many good things for the club, but sadly on the back of that came the prawn sandwich brigade, who want nothing but success success success and are useless when the chips are down.

beer ,sex and chips and gravy.

We have a couple of those near us and what a pain in the neck they are. You miss lumps of the game with tham coming and going and making everybody stand to let them in and out. They really get on my wick.

been in bed for a couple of days (ill before anyone says different ) and still feel pants,if its it crap tonight for the first time in my life i will leave early.

As far as I am concerned, our fans on match days have been hugely tolerant and supportive during this period of unnecessary change, chronic underperformance, complete uncertainty and total lack of respect.

People quoting criticisms made against MGP and Andrews as examples that this is not so make me laugh. Criticisms of these players have been ongoing for years and are not solely related to Kean's tenure in charge. Fans quoting the odd verse or song sung about Kean in anger of late, need to understand that these songs were sung in isolation and are not representative of all supporters and are simply a by product of the shocking performances experienced, not ill thought out attacks without foundation or justification.

Our fans have taken it all very well, in most cases without murmour or whimper, almost to the point of lack of interest. It has been clear for a long time that things would not change or turn round with Kean in charge, but many either were lacking enough knowledge of football to see it and understand, or burying heads in the sand hoping and praying for the best. Either way, all now know for sure and of late have therefore voiced increasing concerns and spent time looking for viable options and solutions.

Respect is a two way street and needs to be earnt. Just because these people are wealthy, does not guarantee automatic respect from others. Our fans have been treated disgracefully, lied to, mis-informed and led a merry dance.

I feel the majority of fans have been and will continue to be very sensible and supportive in the way they conduct themselves, not that the owners or manager deserve this in anyway after their behaviour since taking control of the club. If we have as a group, at last reached melting point than I am at a loss to understand why anyone is suprised by this and inevitably people will voice their feelings and concerns, not before time in my view.

There would be nothing worse than going down without a whimper. I fully expect our fans to let their feelings be known tonight at some stage, as I doubt very much we will get anything out of this game. Before people spout we were never expecting to get anything out of this game, nor is it realistic to expect anything anyway from this game, then please note we do not get much out of ANY game and the games are now running out.

What a mess!! Scratching around for months for small crumbs of hope and comfort, without any realistic hope or expectation that things can, or will improve. Thankfully Kean is still sleeping well, while the rest of us consult our physicians with increasing regularity about sleep depravity. Roll on the end of the season, it cannot come quick enough for me.

To date the rovers fans have been excellent. In fact, taking into consideration how the club has self harmed, you would be better off actually praising the fans rather than contunually berating them.

Well said Den,sick and ruddy tired of our own fans questioning our support.Rovers fans have been behind the team and have shown great patience under the circumstances.

It matters not whether you have been a Rovers fan since 1875,we're in this shyte together,there are enough Blackburn haters without our own turning.Your entitled to your opinion Roversider but posts like your's do nothing but hinder.

As far as I am concerned, our fans on match days have been hugely tolerant and supportive during this period of unnecessary change, chronic underperformance, complete uncertainty and total lack of respect.

People quoting criticisms made against MGP and Andrews as examples that this is not so make me laugh. Criticisms of these players have been ongoing for years and are not solely related to Kean's tenure in charge. Fans quoting the odd verse or song sung about Kean in anger of late, need to understand that these songs were sung in isolation and are not representative of all supporters and are simply a by product of the shocking performances experienced, not ill thought out attacks without foundation or justification.

Our fans have taken it all very well, in most cases without murmour or whimper, almost to the point of lack of interest. It has been clear for a long time that things would not change or turn round with Kean in charge, but many either were lacking enough knowledge of football to see it and understand, or burying heads in the sand hoping and praying for the best. Either way, all now know for sure and of late have therefore voiced increasing concerns and spent time looking for viable options and solutions.

Respect is a two way street and needs to be earnt. Just because these people are wealthy, does not guarantee automatic respect from others. Our fans have been treated disgracefully, lied to, mis-informed and led a merry dance.

I feel the majority of fans have been and will continue to be very sensible and supportive in the way they conduct themselves, not that the owners or manager deserve this in anyway after their behaviour since taking control of the club. If we have as a group, at last reached melting point than I am at a loss to understand why anyone is suprised by this and inevitably people will voice their feelings and concerns, not before time in my view.

There would be nothing worse than going down without a whimper. I fully expect our fans to let their feelings be known tonight at some stage, as I doubt very much we will get anything out of this game. Before people spout we were never expecting to get anything out of this game, nor is it realistic to expect anything anyway from this game, then please note we do not get much out of ANY game and the games are now running out.

What a mess!! Scratching around for months for small crumbs of hope and comfort, without any realistic hope or expectation that things can, or will improve. Thankfully Kean is still sleeping well, while the rest of us consult our physicians with increasing regularity about sleep depravity. Roll on the end of the season, it cannot come quick enough for me.

Good Post.

Excellent post.

This is my final post, on this issue and to be honest for the foreseeable future.

The thread was not intended to berate Rovers fans as a whole, or to instruct people on what to do. However it was an observation on how the fans reactions impact the players. If it didn't then why bother going to a game? It is on TV after all, perhaps they could pipe in crowd noise for us.

The atmosphere at Ewood has been very quiet for quite a while now apart from some areas (such as the Darwen End) where the singing has been continuous and loud.

Meanwhile this board has been inundated with negative threads about Protests, getting rid of Kean, getting rid of the Owners, moaning about Sam or the Trust.

We can make a positive difference and if you reckon we don't have an issue with a silent crowd I think you are wrong. Yes the fans are in shock and hurting, but we need to lift ourselves and try to lift the team. I am a big believer in what happens on the pitch will trigger the fans, whether its a goal or a clattering tackle. On the other side if Andrews is picked (he is available and we are short of midfielders) and a collective groan goes up when his name is announced I think that might have an impact as well. I do think the bulk of the fans have been very tolerant, there are always a few morons who will moan about specific players even when we are winning the league (tough on Super Atko), but we are perhaps about to add to the pain on the pitch. Still, when you are hurting I can understand a need to find a relief valve.

So goodbye and enjoy the game against City. I will be there rain or shine as I know most of you will be. As for calling for the manager to be sacked, the last time I did that was Jim Iley. I don't discount joining in about Kean, but not yet.

Perhaps we should rename the board, "lets get rid of Venkys/Kean/Andersen", there is merit in that as it would appear to reflect the views of the bulk of the membership. By the way that is really not meant as a criticism if you hold those views

I will be there rain or shine as I know most of you will be. As for calling for the manager to be sacked, the last time I did that was Jim Iley. I don't discount joining in about Kean, but not yet.

You're leaving it a bit late............

This is my final post, on this issue and to be honest for the foreseeable future.

The thread was not intended to berate Rovers fans as a whole, or to instruct people on what to do. However it was an observation on how the fans reactions impact the players. If it didn't then why bother going to a game? It is on TV after all, perhaps they could pipe in crowd noise for us.

The atmosphere at Ewood has been very quiet for quite a while now apart from some areas (such as the Darwen End) where the singing has been continuous and loud.

Meanwhile this board has been inundated with negative threads about Protests, getting rid of Kean, getting rid of the Owners, moaning about Sam or the Trust.

We can make a positive difference and if you reckon we don't have an issue with a silent crowd I think you are wrong. Yes the fans are in shock and hurting, but we need to lift ourselves and try to lift the team. I am a big believer in what happens on the pitch will trigger the fans, whether its a goal or a clattering tackle. On the other side if Andrews is picked (he is available and we are short of midfielders) and a collective groan goes up when his name is announced I think that might have an impact as well. I do think the bulk of the fans have been very tolerant, there are always a few morons who will moan about specific players even when we are winning the league (tough on Super Atko), but we are perhaps about to add to the pain on the pitch. Still, when you are hurting I can understand a need to find a relief valve.

So goodbye and enjoy the game against City. I will be there rain or shine as I know most of you will be. As for calling for the manager to be sacked, the last time I did that was Jim Iley. I don't discount joining in about Kean, but not yet.

Perhaps we should rename the board, "lets get rid of Venkys/Kean/Andersen", there is merit in that as it would appear to reflect the views of the bulk of the membership. By the way that is really not meant as a criticism if you hold those views

Fair comments Roversider and it is clear from your earlier posts that you are not taking sides, nor unduly criticising the fans, purely advocating and recommending continued restraint and total support for the last few games, simply to benefit the players and our situation as a whole. Your posts are balanced and I was not taking issue with your comments, just purely pointing out that our fans are not the ones at fault here and those to blame could and should have been publicly criticised weeks ago, hence me believing that our fams have again demonstrated tremondous support for the club during these tricky times.

How often do we sell out at Arsenal? The support in numbers there and at Everton was very good and this is the positive that should be highlighted, not the negative aspects of their behaviour once they got to the ground.

HAIL THE MIGHTY DARWEN END..FFS.

COME SIT WHERE WE SIT ,WELL STAND , WE SING AND HAVE SUNG THERE SINCE EWOOD WAS REBUILT AND DID SO IN THE LATE 70'S (BEFORE FOR SOME PEOPLE).THE CHEAP SEATS ARE A NEW THING AND THERE IS ROOM FOR EVERYONE BUT FFS THERE JUST ISNT THE CHEAP SEATS SINGING!!!

Archived