BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

Please everyone cheer up, we all know what is going to happen as soon as one of our players shows even an ounce of promise.

We should know better by now. Why get upset about something that is BOUND to happen? He will not be the first nor the last.

Sad state of affairs - the lure of Champions League football and all that jazz.

We have possibly Englands most promising young defender at the club, he hasn't even played a full season yet and all indications are he is to be sold to a club we are aiming to compete with for a European place next season.How does that work?

Champions League, Liverpool aren't in it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have possibly Englands most promising young defender at the club, he hasn't even played a full season yet and all indications are he is to be sold to a club we are aiming to compete with for a European place next season.How does that work?

Champions League, Liverpool aren't in it.

That was very tongue in cheek for that very reason.

He will probably end up at West Ham.

I have essentially for the last three or four weeks, intentionally refrained from posting things of which I am aware and could qualify but I wont as I trust my friends who pass on information, however, I have never met you Tris, you seem half intelligent, so I will leave you with this little cunundrum.

Newspapers in all corners of the earth are there to find front page or back page stories, they hound them out, leave no stone unturned, doesnt matter who they may harm and football people who have been hurt will normally have their mugshot and story splattered over the back page, it is very strange in my opinion, both Sam Allardyce and Neil McDonald have to date not spoken openly to the media about the circumstances nor how they really felt about the situation, neither did John Williams and it appears as though the same will apply to Tom Finn. I personally know of the distress caused to both Allardyce and JW and yet they have remained tight lipped and have refrained from saying anything defamatory about Rovers, Kean or their owners, given that JW said he got on well with Kean until Kean became manager and that is all.

Now if ever there was a story a newspaper would be looking at would be the turmoil Rovers were in at the time (and still are IMO)

I ask you and indeed any member of this messageboard to read the above and draw your conclusions, on this matter, I know nothing, but common sense prevails, there must be a reason why nothing has been reported with the sensationalism of back page journalism, which is normally the case in situations such as these.

Because there's nothing to report Kelbo. All this "Rovers in crisis" stuff is complete fabrication, and you're a part of it.

You pushed the "Kean backstabbed Allardyce" angle relentlessly last winter. Now that would be a MASSIVE story - back page nectar for the NOTW or People or Mirror to break such goings on at a PL club. The red tops all have people reading this messageboard and yet NONE of them have gone anywhere near your claims.

The biggest red top story involving Rovers this season has been Givet's underwear receipt. You seem to think there's much more to be told. Well - let's hear it then.

That's the other problem with this MB at the moment. Alongside the bullsh!t brigade, there are a bunch of posters who have to turn every single thread into ANOTHER discussion about Sam Allardyce. These two posts have nothing whatsoever to do with this topic or any of the previous posts in it.

There are already 26 threads about Allardyce, why are you trying to make a 27th?

My comment was in response to an accusation that certain posters were trying to whip up a campaign against Kean. It seemed quite relevant to make the point that similar campaigns were waged against the previous manager. Indeed, the facebook campaign was waged before he even got the job!

Because there's nothing to report Kelbo. All this "Rovers in crisis" stuff is complete fabrication, and you're a part of it.

I see Jones leaving as a crisis. What effect will it have on our other young talent. Junior won't see it in a good light.

You pushed the "Kean backstabbed Allardyce" angle relentlessly last winter. Now that would be a MASSIVE story - back page nectar for the NOTW or People or Mirror to break such goings on at a PL club. The red tops all have people reading this messageboard and yet NONE of them have gone anywhere near your claims.

The biggest red top story involving Rovers this season has been Givet's underwear receipt. You seem to think there's much more to be told. Well - let's hear it then.

Sorry Tris, but the owners of the club are a joke. that is why week in week out we have had various media outlets laughing at venkys. I remember watching sky at lunchtime one saturday. The biggest joke and mocking was reserved for Venkys and Rovers. yet to date nobody has come out and said 'at last the owners of rovers seem to have got things right' or words to that effect.

Sam also hinted once when he was a match pundit that he felt he was pushed from with in.

I find you a bit naive.

There's a group of fans here who aren't happy with the owners and will do just about anything to drag their name through the mud.

Eh? Most fans are not happy with the way Venkys have run things since they bought the club surely? Isn't that the reason the Raos have turned up to away games but not home games since the very first one?

Its certainly true that a small group on here feel more disillusioned than others because of what they say they know but most Rovers fans genrally seem unhappy with what they see and hear for themselves! You only have to read the many comments in the LT to see that.

So why buy a football club in the first place if you've no intention of seeing it succeed? Just go and mount a big ad campaign and open some Venkys fast food outlets. If there is nothing in it for football club owners why do they do it? Kudos and personal satisfaction.

But all I really want them to do is follow through on their promises. Not that unreasonable a request.

I think the general view is that they do want the club to succeed, but didn't have the knowledge and experience in this business sector to go about it the right way. And, in the absence of that knowledge, they relied on the wrong people for advice.

I see Jones leaving as a crisis. What effect will it have on our other young talent. Junior won't see it in a good light.

Sorry, I didn't realise Jones had left Rovers??

I saw him play 70 mins for England U21s against Norway yesterday, and I think he's now off to Denmark for a tournament which ends on June 25th.

The bids will come in - of course they will - he's the best English centre half I've seen at his age for decades. But until we see how that all pans out, why speculate?

JAL has made this thread go mental, because he posted a story yesterday afternoon saying Phil Jones was undermined by Steve Kean in front of all the other players. That is complete rubbish, but unfortunately in this internet age it's now got legs and will stick. I'm sure JAL will be giggling into his cornflakes in the morning because he wanted an internet reaction and he got it.

Sorry, I didn't realise Jones had left Rovers??

Don't be sorry, be careful.

Jones hasn't left yet as well you know. He has however expressed his desire to leave as well you know, so he will be leaving.

Time for another sarky comment?

JAL has made this thread go mental, because he posted a story yesterday afternoon saying Phil Jones was undermined by Steve Kean in front of all the other players. That is complete rubbish, but unfortunately in this internet age it's now got legs and will stick.

You don't know whether it's complete rubbish or not.

You passing your opinion on the matter as strongly as JAL's original comment makes you no better.

Don't be sorry, be careful.

Jones hasn't left yet as well you know. He has however expressed his desire to leave as well you know, so he will be leaving.

Time for another sarky comment?

Serious question, it is early morning here. Has Jones said something in the media about wanting to leave?

Serious question, it is early morning here. Has Jones said something in the media about wanting to leave?

See the Mail and Mirror stories linked earlier.

Also his mates on his facebook page are wishing him all the best on his move.

You don't know whether it's complete rubbish or not.

You passing your opinion on the matter as strongly as JAL's original comment makes you no better.

It's complete rubbish. Take it or leave it.

See the Mail and Mirror stories linked earlier.

He's going to go eventually, it's the way of things with clubs like Rovers. The press will carry this on until Jones has gone to one of their 'big clubs'. Of course, when the inevitable happens it will all be down to Venkys and Kean.

I've just checked through the thread and seen that JAL has been at work. Anybody who believes a word that drooling idiot posts is as much of a plum as he is.

He's going to go eventually, it's the way of things with clubs like Rovers. The press will carry this on until Jones has gone to one of their 'big clubs'. Of course, when the inevitable happens it will all be down to Venkys and Kean.

I've just checked through the thread and seen that JAL has been at work. Anybody who believes a word that drooling idiot posts is as much of a plum as he is.

It just seems odd a player who feared he was about to be sold against his wishes during the last window should instigate a move the next window.

What has changed?

At 19 I'd have thought he could have given the club he supports a bit more than he has. IMO he could have given us another couple of seasons before asking for a big move.

It just seems odd a player who feared he was about to be sold against his wishes during the last window should instigate a move the next window.

What has changed?

At 19 I'd have thought he could have given the club he supports a bit more than he has. IMO he could have given us another couple of seasons before asking for a big move.

He may be a level headed young man for his age but the fact remains that he is a kid. Hard bitten, time served pros get their heads turned by agents and tame journos doing the 'big club's' bidding for them.

• Backroom

That means nothing, I'm 'friends' with him on Facebook after all. And looking at the comments on his page it appears a certain Staffie owning messageboard member is as well

That means nothing, I'm 'friends' with him on Facebook after all. And looking at the comments on his page it appears a certain Staffie owning messageboard member is as well

Aye - just told him to stick out another 12 months with us and up his release fee and help progress us, giving something back to the club that helped progress him.

So little Loyalty in football these days, annoyed with him & also JW/ Finn as they no doubt negotiated his last deal!!

Can you identify his mates on there?

My 19 yr old has many mutual mates, I'm taking his word,

What has changed?

And that proves the point. The only suggestion that Phil Jones "feared he was about to be sold" was on this messageboard.

If you can provide a link, or scan a local paper article that's not online, then I'll take it back. Good luck.

Aye - just told him to stick out another 12 months with us and up his release fee and help progress us, giving something back to the club that helped progress him.

So little Loyalty in football these days, annoyed with him & also JW/ Finn as they no doubt negotiated his last deal!!

The last deal was in February, I doubt they had a great deal to do with it.

• Backroom

I know what you mean mate, so many people are ready to blow their top at Kean / Venkys if he leaves but no blame towards him for his lack of loyalty if he left.

If he wants to be loyal to the club that made him any release clauses are irrelevent.

Claire - I would imagine the clause was added last May when we negotiated a long deal for him, adding it in Feb would make no sense to the club as we already had him tied down to 2015.

The last deal was in February, I doubt they had a great deal to do with it.

Really I believe that was on of the few things that Finn/ JW were still doing....wasnt Finn pictured on one of the player contract signings?

Archived