BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre season

Asia Trophy: Chelsea, Us, Villa and someone like Singapore F.C.

Friendly in India vs Flamengo (Brazilian Side)

i reckon we will end up having a game against Craig Brown's Aberdeen or another socttish side.

but good to see that we are being shown across diffrent continents, the Asia trophy will be seen by millions which will be a good way to market ourselves aswell as the game in India which will have coverage there to.

Someone told me we are playing the Jambos agin pre-season up here. Haven't seen it officially anywhere though.

Only confirmed pre-season so far is the Asia Cup. Not even the Calcutta stuff is confirmed.

Wasn't there talk of a game in Singapore?

I wish, as I'm a Singaporean! But unfortunately, there is next to no chance of this happening because we haven't got a stadium! Our 55,000 capacity National Stadium has been torn down and is going through a Wembley style reconstruction, and the next largest stadium is a 5,000 seater turfed with the fancy stuff they use in the Moscow stadium. We do have a fancy floating platform which can accomodate 30,000, but I really don't think we'll be playing a football match on it. So conclusion, no chance, at least not until 2014 when the new National Stadium is up.

As for PL Asia Cup - Does anyone have hotel details for the rovers in Hong Kong? I'm considering going up to watch the tournament, or at least the final, and it'd be cool to check into the same hotel. But seeing as I'll be in the UK in August, I was also thinking if it'd be more economical if I just catch a game then.

PS: Does anyone know at this point if the 27-29 Aug 2011 weekend is an international week or league fixtures?

England play Bulgaria on Friday the 2nd Sept

and Wales on Tuesday the 6th Sept

Thanks Mark - hoping for a home game on 27-29 Aug weekend then! My first rovers game at Stamford Bridge saw a defeat, and my first trip to Ewood on Tugay day brought no goals. Hoping to be third time lucky...

I wish, as I'm a Singaporean! But unfortunately, there is next to no chance of this happening because we haven't got a stadium! Our 55,000 capacity National Stadium has been torn down and is going through a Wembley style reconstruction, and the next largest stadium is a 5,000 seater turfed with the fancy stuff they use in the Moscow stadium. We do have a fancy floating platform which can accomodate 30,000, but I really don't think we'll be playing a football match on it. So conclusion, no chance, at least not until 2014 when the new National Stadium is up.

As for PL Asia Cup - Does anyone have hotel details for the rovers in Hong Kong? I'm considering going up to watch the tournament, or at least the final, and it'd be cool to check into the same hotel. But seeing as I'll be in the UK in August, I was also thinking if it'd be more economical if I just catch a game then.

PS: Does anyone know at this point if the 27-29 Aug 2011 weekend is an international week or league fixtures?

Don't waste your time going to the Premier League Asian Trophy if you are paying with your own hard earned cash. This is a preseason game and none of the EPL teams will be taking that serious. Expect lots of changes in the teams, even youngsters playing.

I went to the last Premier League Asian Trophy in Thailand in 2005 and it was really good as they had the Thai national team playing and they were just able to give the EPL teams a run for the money. I can't remember of the top of my head how many subtitions there were per game but it was lots.

This year we have Rover, Villa, Chelsea and Kitchee (Hong Kong Champions) playing. I can't see this being a remotely competitive tournament. Just enjoy the fact that its on a near time zone to us here in Asia.

Treat it as a warm up for your trip to the UK and to see the real Rovers team in action.

Cheers

BKR

Archived