BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other premier league 2011-12

My understanding the Tevez sign is in relation to SAF comments about United ever being underdogs to City and Fergie replied "not in my lifetime"...I thought it was quite clever..

I thought the artwork was poor. :lol:

I'm not sure Tevez can even read Spanish - never mind English. :P I'm being harsh and not excusing him.

He's made countless riches, but Tevez has had little education and been exploited from being a young boy.

I have sympathy for him on that.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This the Rio that's got around 3 caps in 2 years?

Past it, shame Terry's not joining him.

I wish Roy Hodgson well, but- forget the Euros. England have no chance.

What a rebuilding job Hodgson has ahead of him.

Germany or Italy will win it - Mark my words! ;)

I'm supporting Italy.. of course!

Downing in.....Johnson just in reserve list :blink:

Carrol in....Crouch or Holt not

Phil Jones & Cahill in....Rio not

Ruddy & Green in....Robbo not

Wellbeck in....Sturridge just on reserve list :blink:

Chamberlain & Walcott both in.....Carrick now in

England squad for Euro 2012:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Man City), Rob Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich)

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton)

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Downing = lol

Johnson instead of Richards = lol

Shame Walker is injured.

We best hope Hart doesn't get injured, as i'm assuming Green will be second in choice and, in my eyes, is absolutely dire.

Downing in.....Johnson just in reserve list :blink:

Carrol in....Crouch or Holt not

Phil Jones & Cahill in....Rio not

Ruddy & Green in....Robbo not

Wellbeck in....Sturridge just on reserve list :blink:

Chamberlain & Walcott both in.....Carrick now in

Wellbeck- All pace , little composure.

Ruddy and Green - Terrible.

As for Adam Johnson - Great ability. Serious social and attitude problems. Allegedly!

We should have picked a young squad with the next World Cup in mind and discarded the proven failures like Gerrard, Lampard, Terry etc etc.

Laughable that players like Downing, Gerrard, Henderson, Carroll, Milner and Defoe have all hardly played or in the Liverpool players' case been awful this season.

Would be taking a 5th striker rather than Downing in midfield myself.

Also wouldn;t be taking Defoe, he is a bench warmer for spurs and is nowhere near as prolific as he once was. Also has never cut it for England anyway. Waste of a place in the squad IMO.

Surely there has to be some beef between Micah and England for him not to be picked? Decent at full back or centreback, a real leader, had a good season. I dont get it.

I personally thinks the squad is decent enough out of what is available. We will get pasted by the Germans, Portuguese or Spanish but probably can hold up against anyone else in the competition. That said there is quite a good chance we won't get out of the group imo. We are roughtly equivalent to the Frencah at the moment and a bit better than the Ukraine and Sweden. However the margins are relatively slim, the Ukraininans are at home so that will boost them, Sweden have a worldy in Ibrahimovic. It's all a bit unpredictable and we could be dumped out.

Archived