BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other premier league 2011-12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah seen Spurs for £10m or something?? Cant see it - Harry wants 3 big names.

Harry tried doing the dirt. He offered a relatively small sum upfront with loads of clauses such as them getting Champions League which would bring the deal to "10 million".

Then reports over here said that he offered cash plus Robbie Keane and even though that seems plausible, I sincerely doubt that it will happen.

Due to the Jol connection?

Have to say from what I had saw of Keane last season it looks like his legs have completely gone.

It's on Skys twitter.

Can't see why we need him and why we would spend so much on him.

I totally agree with you, he's looked abit rubbish since returning to Tottenham form Liverpool

I hope Fulham take Keane…at least then it’s one more poor possibility out of reach.

Im also hoping Martinez is loyal to Dave Whelan after how he has stuck by him....that way they say Coyle is the 2nd fav for the job, oh the joy if he took it!

I hope Fulham take Keane…at least then it’s one more poor possibility out of reach.

Im also hoping Martinez is loyal to Dave Whelan after how he has stuck by him....that way they say Coyle is the 2nd fav for the job, oh the joy if he took it!

Yep I hope fulham take Kean - Steve Kean :D Nearer to his home for a train journey, as he won't be driving.

Villa in for Martinez? I don't dislike Martinez as a manager, but surely he's done nothing more in his time at Wigan besides keep them up (albeit barely). I would've thought Villa would try and get a better manager in...

Kean has a better Premier league record

:-)

I was just about to post that. This in my eyes is the strangest managerial appointment in a long time- if it happens.

Martinez who has generally been poor in the transfer market, has a 26% winning record as manager over 87 matches! Villa have ambitions to be at least a top 6 club maybe top 5- when you have Mark Hughes, Rafa Benitez etc available, why Martinez?

I was just about to post that. This in my eyes is the strangest managerial appointment in a long time- if it happens.

Martinez who has generally been poor in the transfer market, has a 26% winning record as manager over 87 matches! Villa have ambitions to be at least a top 6 club maybe top 5- when you have Mark Hughes, Rafa Benitez etc available, why Martinez?

Cheap? more of a yes man? Less deminding than Hughes or Benitez who both like to have total control of everything at the club?

But ultimately a guy whose going to get you into the top 6?I think not. I doubt he is cheap as Wigan will get compo, yes man? Perhaps though Martinez comes across as a man who does not buckle to others.

Phil isn't the only guy with his eyes on playing for Man Utd.

Maybe we could tempt him, quite pacey I hear.

We would just play some hoofball with him up top! A formation of 9-0-1 every match.

My Latics supporting friend is very excited that Martinez might be moving and will be over the moon if it happens!

Plenty who don't appreciate a decent manager on here Clair.

Archived