BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other premier league 2011-12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton are making a £4m bid to sign striker Rodrigo Moreno from Benfica. The 20-year-old Spaniard had a season-long loan spell with the Trotters in 2010/2011.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Why?? He has done nothing!

Every resignation sees Villa accused. I'd be a little annoyed if I were a Villa fan.

I don't see McLeish resigning unless his friend Mr Lerner has been in touch. The list of managers left to go for is getting smaller and smaller.

He better had do after the money I put on him yesterday, although Moyes would be a good result as well.

If Steve Kean is going to get potted, now must be the time to do it.

I can't remember there being such rich pickings of out of work, experienced PL managers.

Plus having a big transfer pot would help attracting a good manager too.

Aston Villa should be moving heaven & earth to get Moyes at the club. The best manager in the PL.

If only Venky's thought the same... :(

Indeed Topman. And I'm sure that David Moyes brand of 4-5-1 and frequently even 4-6-0 would go down a bundle with the people who simply don't understand football in both Pune and the Blackburn End.

Ahead of Ferguson and Wenger?

I'm sure you guys would place Allardyce above both of those too actually.

Ahead of Ferguson and Wenger?

Yup.

Six Top 7 finishes in eight seasons at Goodison Park, including Champions League qualification. All this while working on a modest budget, whilst also losing some of his best players to bigger clubs.

I'm sure you guys would place Allardyce above both of those too actually.

We obviously haven't met. Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Topman.

Yup.

Six Top 7 finishes in eight seasons at Goodison Park, including Champions League qualification. All this while working on a modest budget, whilst also losing some of his best players to bigger clubs.

We obviously haven't met. Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Topman.

Hi, I'm Braddock.

I'm right, read my sig.

No way is he better than Fergie or Wenger.

It's not happening though so what's the point in speculating.

Isn't speculation the point of Football Messageboards?

Otherwise it'd just be:

I see that Phil Jones has left Rovers

Yup.

Isn't speculation the point of Football Messageboards?

Otherwise it'd just be:

There's speculation that's worth doing though like who shall we buy to replace phil Jones? do we need to buy anyone? Will Samba succeed at Arsenal? Etc and then there's who could reasonably replace Steve Kean? Thing is most things will happen and we can therefore discuss them with some real thought as to what we'd do if we had any say. and then there's Steve Kean. He's not going so there's no fun in trying to think of who'd replace him

Alex McLeish to be named as Villa boss in the next 24hrs Talksport are claiming.

:lol:

I know McLeish has won a trophy at Brum but when you look at his overall record and the fact his team got relegated this season you have to wonder why he has been picked. Can't believe they didn't make a move for Hughes, I know they might have to wait a bit longer to appoint him but he's a better manager imo.

I would be suprised if the Villa fans are happy with that move, awful choice. Just took their rivals down....why would they want him?? :wacko:

Didnt he just sign Marlon King before he quit??

I don't remember as much negative fans reaction when Redknapp made his switch between Portsmouth and Southampton.

In either direction!

Villa Club Statement

"The Club understands that Alex McLeish is a free agent. We therefore intend to interview him imminently in order to make a decision regarding his candidacy to become Villa manager."

It'll be fun watching the reaction on Sky Sports News tonight/tomorrow :lol:

Archived