BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other premier league 2011-12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to see the reaction to Big Sams football - just have a look in the United thread after we got battered 7-1

Well I was there, so wouldn't know. But so what, who wouldn't expect a big reaction that after such a debacle? It is called knee jerkism, something this board does very well. We lose badly at Everton- YOU started a Kean out thread with all manner of abuse, a few weeks later you and others are suggesting that he is turning things round and shouldn't be sacked. brfcs has been like this for years.

You are honestly telling me that a MAJORITY on here wernt going to get a season ticket? Absolute rubbish.

I would love a poll to be conducted asking the question were you happy with the style of football being served week in week out under Sam? The result would be a majority 'no', another question are you happy with performances under Sam? Majority 'yes' difference between style and results- most on here were happy because we could see Sam was doing a good job under tough circumstances but come on Matty we were one of the worst teams to watch in the pl!

So Venky's knew all this did they? They said, 'well we believe the fans arent overly keen on his style, but they like the way he can get results', No, did they buggery, his face didn't fit and that was that.

I said the MAJORITY didnt like HATED his style, I probably didnt use the correct grammar for the next bit but I was simply saying quite a few were considering not getting ST's.

Dress it up however you want - I dont really give two sh!ts. That was the general mood around here. Im not changing with the wind, I liked him as manager - he went, im just saying one of the reasons was the style.

Stuck a fiver on Hughes getting the job at 4/1.

Just can't see how Villa can't give it to him.

I think thats money in the bank.

Come to think of it I should stick some money on myself. I'm that certain that this has already been lined up.

Stuck a fiver on Hughes getting the job at 4/1.

Just can't see how Villa can't give it to him.

You can get 5/1 on Betfair if you fancy putting a few more quid on it.

Also...

Speculation: Demba Ba is heading to Newcastle early next week, according to a well known tabloid journalist on Twitter.

Mcleish favourite for the villa job? Spent a fortune and got relegated. Maybe won a cup but seems a strange one.

He plays worse football than Allardyce. Plus, switching from Birmingham to Villa? I'll very surprised.

What is Lerner playing at not offering Hughes the job? He's a million miles better than the likes of McLaren and McLeish, better than Martinez too.

He plays worse football than Allardyce. Plus, switching from Birmingham to Villa? I'll very surprised.

What is Lerner playing at not offering Hughes the job? He's a million miles better than the likes of McLaren and McLeish, better than Martinez too.

Hughes has to wait a month before taking up a new position after leaving Fulham. Might be they're not making it official until the month is up..

He really is the natural candidate.

Think part of Hughes' contract at Fulham is that it expires end of June. He is effectively on month's notice and will sign with Villa then.

Think part of Hughes' contract at Fulham is that it expires end of June. He is effectively on month's notice and will sign with Villa then.

Why does it matter when his contract ends? As a teacher i have to resign by the end of May- beginning of June to take up a new post in September. Presumably he's given Fulham notice that he doesn't intend to be there next season so if Villa actually wanted him they'd announce now he's taking up employment here at the start of July. Costs them nothing and settles the issue for both sides. They blatantly don't want him or he doesn't want to commit in case a better offer comes in in which case if he does end up going there it's as a poor third or fourth choice for them and what message does that send ot him, the fans, the players etc and also it holds them back in the transfer market. Hughes couldn't actively be involved in signing anyone whilst he wasn't manager, but he could be advising on what he wants and whoever acts for he club could be sorting it out.

Why does it matter when his contract ends? As a teacher i have to resign by the end of May- beginning of June to take up a new post in September. Presumably he's given Fulham notice that he doesn't intend to be there next season so if Villa actually wanted him they'd announce now he's taking up employment here at the start of July. Costs them nothing and settles the issue for both sides. They blatantly don't want him or he doesn't want to commit in case a better offer comes in in which case if he does end up going there it's as a poor third or fourth choice for them and what message does that send ot him, the fans, the players etc and also it holds them back in the transfer market. Hughes couldn't actively be involved in signing anyone whilst he wasn't manager, but he could be advising on what he wants and whoever acts for he club could be sorting it out.

Crafty bloke our sparky. I seem to remember him attempting to hold Chelski to ransom to offer him their post or else he would sign for Citeh. look how that one turned out.

Im not re-writing history, you only had to be around on the board at that time to see that the majority on here HATED his style and were considering not going anymore or were saying our football was dull, crap, boring and they also HATED him picking games to win or roll over. Deny it all you want - we all know the truth of the general concensus on here.

And you weren't one of them! You supported Sam till he was sacked!Then you changed overnight.

I said the MAJORITY didnt like HATED his style, I probably didnt use the correct grammar for the next bit but I was simply saying quite a few were considering not getting ST's.

. Im not changing with the wind, I liked him as manager - he went, im just saying one of the reasons was the style.

Exactly you liked him as manager--then he was sacked and you started re-writing history.

I can't believe Villa are appointing McLeish at all. Bet Villa fans are not going to be happy about them.

Billy Davies to Birmingham City?

I thought Martin O'Neill would go to Notts Forest as manager with him being a former player there.

Steve McClaren would be a good choice for Forest

McLeish resigns

http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2375084,00.html

Dress it up however you want - I dont really give two sh!ts. That was the general mood around here. Im not changing with the wind, I liked him as manager - he went, im just saying one of the reasons was the style.

No way of knowing yet but I bet there are a damned site more considering not renewing right now. You really do talk out of your arse sometimes Hughesy.

McLeish to Villa?? Are they on self destruct mode? Villa fans would hate that!

Might be a ruse to get em to accept wally.

I can't believe Villa are appointing McLeish at all. Bet Villa fans are not going to be happy about them.

Billy Davies to Birmingham City?

I thought Martin O'Neill would go to Notts Forest as manager with him being a former player there.

Steve McClaren would be a good choice for Forest

McLeish resigns

http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2375084,00.html

Bit of a cowardly way to resign? Email to the Chairman whilst he was away on business?

Indeed. But how about a Chairman instructing someone else to sack a manager from 5000 miles away?

Who was that then? If you are referring to Samuel's departure, a senior member of staff was instructed to pass on the news in person. Hardly the same. <_<

Who was that then? If you are referring to Samuel's departure, a senior member of staff was instructed to pass on the news in person. Hardly the same. <_<

Said senior staff member told Venky's they were utterly bonkers and got forced out as well.

What is worse, Rovers are being micro-managed by dictat from 5,000 miles away.

Big ego, no talent.

Actually think he does have talent, but just no particular desire to use it. He's been like that since he was in the the Academy.

I think that he's a decent Championship team, but too good for League 1. Deffo not a Prem player though.

Archived