BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other premier league 2011-12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is Thiago? I've never heard of him.

And I really can't understand the McLeish-->Villa thing. He's an average manager at best. Maybe he's cheap.

Getting him wont be.

But yeah, Randy can't bridge that gap with the top sides and appointing Eck is a sign he knows it.

Thiago looks as though he has the potential to be a fantastic player and left Henderson, Mancienne for dead at times other night and every time i seen him play he has fared well...

Hope Mcleish goes villa.

Demba Ba looks like Newcastle - Good free transfer

And Chelsea bid £22m for Modric which ahs been turned down - likely to offer £25 by the end of week!!

Nolan and N'gog both would have been great signings for a club your size.

Nah, we're opting for the 'punch above our weight' approach in this transfer market.

A little like you did with Phil Jones. Now jog on.

Nolan and N'gog both would have been great signings for a club your size.

Nolan is a better player than Henderson currently so perhaps you should have signed him?

As for NGog no thanks - you could always have Keith Andrews if Maxi or Miereles (sp) leaves

Villa fans not happy about the potential of McLeish joining them

I don't blame them. Why is Lerner appointing a manager that has just been relegated with a squad that should have stayed up?

Even on good days he plays worse football than Allardyce. At best he'll have them scraping their way to midtable via 1-0 wins. With the squad and money Villa have they should be aiming a lot higher.

Sparky is five times the manager McLeish is.

I don't blame them. Why is Lerner appointing a manager that has just been relegated with a squad that should have stayed up?

Even on good days he plays worse football than Allardyce. At best he'll have them scraping their way to midtable via 1-0 wins. With the squad and money Villa have they should be aiming a lot higher.

Sparky is five times the manager McLeish is.

True enough. So many better managers on the market.

RE: Sparky - Maybe Lerner was wary about appointing a manager who'd be off at the first whiff of somewhere bigger?

I can only presume because Lerner wants to scale back his plans for Villa.

Rumour is that the guy at Spurs also wants to get rid of the club. Seems that there are a lot of owners questioning why, with the arrival of super rich owners, they should carry on pouring money into clubs that will never be able to compete. When it was just Abramovic it didn't matter but the City owners have moved the goal posts again and sustaining a Champions League challenge year in year out is not possible for most owners but without champions league you are left behind in terms of revenue and players.

I was initially sceptical of McCleish.

But I was speaking to a Rangers fan who said he played anything but dull, dour football in Scotland.

Maybe he was just hamstrung by the financial implications of working at Brum.

He might do quite well. I agree with the poster who said Hughes would be off at the first opportunity. He would probably ditch Utd for Barca after a year.

Archived