BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other premier league 2011-12

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Hodgson is going to take the usual failures.

My money is on Germany.

Exactly. The stupid devil's even made one of em captain! Unfortunately that means that unless he gets crocked Gerrard will play every game. Prob be holding hands with Lampard whilst the opposition have the freedom of the park every game too.

I'm seeing a lot of people think Dalglish should have been kept, probably so unless they have someone lined up as a replacement, I'm surprised Capello isn't on the oddsmakers lists.

Just my own view, not to impose on others but for the Euro, I see the big 3, Germany, tops, then Netherlands and Spain.

Then Italy and Portugal. http://www.soccerway.com/international/europe/european-championships/2012-poland-ukraine/group-stage/

Group C is a tough group, Italy, Spain, Croatia and Ireland. So, geez, I'd love to see Ireland Republic advance though I'd rank them the weakest of the 4 teams. None of these teams can be counted out from advancing. Spain Italy will meet in their first match. Croatia often seems to play well in these tournaments.

I still can't believe in France but I'd include them with Russia, Greece, Sweden and :angry2: England as the next tier of powers. That's all I will say. Denmark might be in there too.

Group D: is England, France, Sweden and Ukraine. So, if England could even get out of this group, to me, that would be a success, Euro is real tough and this is the last time with only 16 teams.

In all likelihood, the weaker teams will be Poland, Ukraine, the hosts and Czech Republic.

Latest odds from Skybet for next Liverpool manager

Martinez 6/5

Benitez 5/2

AVB 10/1

Rijkaard 10/1

Clarke 14/1

O' Neil 14/1

Lambert 14/1

Rodgers 14/1

Wigan sure pulled it out but I can't figure out why they were so awfully poor still until Mid-March. And I said, Capello is looking for employment as well though does not appear to be a good choice.

Surely, after the hiring of Hodgson away from Fulham and that turning out poor, they would not repeat it by hiring Martinez away from Wigan. Rodgers away from Swansea, that'd probably be a good match with Swansea's attacking style and Liverpool indeed having some capacity for that now.

As for 'Spanish Bob' - I cant see that happening (Main reason being they will feel they need to replace a legend with someone with a reputation.

Wigan's run was extraordinary, but it doesn't make him good enough for LFC.

He is well liked by fans and media alike, because he's a nice guy, who always has to sell his best players, and his teams try and play good football.

That distracts people from his statistical managerial record, at Wigan.

What odds can I get on Anchelotti ?

Ranieri (wanted by WBA - nearly a done deal) and Enrique also good shouts!

SSN reporting that Wigan have given permission for Martinez to speak to Liverpool, seems a strange choice cant see Liverpool supporters being to keen on him if he gets the job.

Totally unbelievable !!!

Ok , he kept Wigan up but managing Liverpool, you need to win trophies !!!

But Kean is still managing Rovers , so anything can happen ..

SSN reporting that Wigan have given permission for Martinez to speak to Liverpool, seems a strange choice cant see Liverpool supporters being to keen on him if he gets the job.

What is it with these owners; Venkys,Glazers, Randy Lerner, Henry, The Thais at Leicester City. - Im sure there's many more examples.

They have no idea or comprehension of Football!

Martinez to Liverpool. I've heard it all now! Can only see it ending in tears.

Should we be surprised though.

Theyve already shown their naivety; by hiring Kenny and Cammoli and being seduced into paying RIDICULOUS amounts of money for players, who EVERYONE can see - are not good enough for LFC!

Maybe LFC = Ludicrous Football Club!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Felt a bit sorry for Seedorf - class player, but every time he ran forward there was literally nothing for him to look for.

I thought it was embarrassing almost watching how seriously Kevin Philips taking it when Seedorf ran the game at a walk and instead of taking easy chances always looked to pass to a celeb

Anyway that result is going right on Big Sams cv

Bet Steve Kean was in the audience with a pen and a notepad.

"We've put an active bid in for Sergio Pizzorno. The bid is very much alive at this point."

"Sergio reminds me of a young Claudio Caniggia. He can score all types of goals - tap-ins, headers, penalties and sweet lobs like the one we saw today."

"At this stage we're waiting for Kasabian's decision. It would be a massive lift for everyone at the club if we manage to sign Sergio, and would be proof of the progress we're making as a club."

• Backroom

I thought it was embarrassing almost watching how seriously Kevin Philips taking it when Seedorf ran the game at a walk and instead of taking easy chances always looked to pass to a celeb

Aye, Seedorf was definitely playing the game in the way it was meant to be played - a bit of fun, trying to get the celebs involved as much as possible. Thought the celebrations at the end were a bit much, to say the least. It was a charity match ffs, you'd think they'd won an actual competition of some kind.

Still, good to see a lot of money raised for UNICEF.

Apparently, Wigan risk losing Martinez unless he receives a £10m transfer kitty, £6m on new training facilities and new contracts for his backroom staff. Not a hard decision for Whelan. :D

Tbh, I think Martinez's is vastly overrated. His only achievement so far is keeping Wigan up by the skin of their teeth each season. Brendan Rodgers would be the better option for Liverpool out of the two.

He'll do well to get £10m out of Whelan!!

I think that quite a lot of Wiganners agree with you as well Topman. Of course he's done alright keeping them up playing 'good football' but quite a few fans I know say that's all MOTD talk and really other than the last couple of months of the seasons they're pretty dull.

• Moderation Lead

Apparently, Wigan risk losing Martinez unless he receives a £10m transfer kitty, £6m on new training facilities and new contracts for his backroom staff. Not a hard decision for Whelan. :D

Tbh, I think Martinez's is vastly overrated. His only achievement so far is keeping Wigan up by the skin of their teeth each season. Brendan Rodgers would be the better option for Liverpool out of the two.

If he goes to Liverpool, he's the next Hodgson waiting to happen IMO.

If he's honestly being scouted on the strength of last season, where Wigan didn't show up for most of the season until March, then put in a Herculean effort.....

It's as close as he'll ever get to managing England. ;)

Bet Steve Kean was in the audience with a pen and a notepad.

"We've put an active bid in for Sergio Pizzorno. The bid is very much alive at this point."

"Sergio reminds me of a young Claudio Caniggia. He can score all types of goals - tap-ins, headers, penalties and sweet lobs like the one we saw today."

"At this stage we're waiting for Kasabian's decision. It would be a massive lift for everyone at the club if we manage to sign Sergio, and would be proof of the progress we're making as a club."

This would be even funnier if it wasn't so believable .... :unsure:

Yea I mean Martinez did keep Wigan up but so did Steve Bruce and Paul Jewell. And as good as they were in the last 2 months that shouldn't make up for the 7 or so months when they were pretty terrible but apparently played "good" football despite not scoring goals or winning games. Martinez was pretty good at Swansea tho to be fair.

And yea Liverpool's demise is hilarious. I wonder how many years of mid-table mediocrity, with the occasional carling cup thrown in, will it take for their fans to accept they're not one of the top teams anymore. A lot I imagine. They won't have money to spend either and I don't think if they sell Carroll they'll get anywhere near their money back.

Looks like Brendan Rodgers is going there tho. So they can also play "Barcelona football" by passing it around without there looking to be a real purpose. But Barca are amazing, Swansea are just good defensively with a few really good players.

Archived