Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jermaine Jones => Rovers/Roma/Stoke

Ricky

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheres nicko today

Wheres nicko today

Another poster with less than twenty posts, who joined in June (the transfer window) asking where Nicko is... Makes you want to see the site close membership in the transfer windows, or at least have the transfer sub forum only viewable to people who have posted over a certain amount/joined a certain time.

Another poster with less than twenty posts, who joined in June (the transfer window) asking where Nicko is... Makes you want to see the site close membership in the transfer windows, or at least have the transfer sub forum only viewable to people who have posted over a certain amount/joined a certain time.

Sounds like a good idea. How does 18 months or 1000 posts sound?

Another poster with less than twenty posts, who joined in June (the transfer window) asking where Nicko is... Makes you want to see the site close membership in the transfer windows

No it doesn't. The only reason this community is here is because people can join, how many people you think join this forum during the transfer window and then donate to BRFCS? Probably more than those people who have been around for much longer?

If they close this forum, people will just go elsewhere, if another forum/community grows bigger than this, Nicko would leave in favour of them also. So yeah, are you sure you want to close off registrations? It is a simple case of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Pah

I have to say, Jones didn't put in a great shift last night vs. Panama (again). I only got to watch 60 mins of the game or so as I have some issues with the TV, but I can't really remember him doing much of note except one late run to bleed off some pressure when Panama had to toss everyone into the attack to try and equalize.

On a side note;

He speaks rubbish english like the rest of the Americans:

“For me my next concentration is the Gold Cup and the other stuff is for Blackburn, Schalke and my agent, and we’ll see what happens. Everything can happen.

“I was talking with Steve Kean, we stay in contact and he needs to talk with the owner and all that stuff"

“The other stuff I let my agent sort out and then look what happens.”

:lol:

Maybe that's because he grew up in Germany.

I did hear someone say the other tday, however, that JJ gave an interview to someone in teh American Media, and had to have Cherundolo translate for him.... ('dolo has planned in Germany for the last 5 decades it feels like)... I was surprised by that. Didn't think his English was THAT poor.

Think it was during Ince's reign of terror. I remember we were constantly linked with him and Juaquin, and ended up with Grella and Fowler.

As for Jones' English, is he actually half German? Because if he is, he might have a strange German/American accent, which would confound 95% of Americans who can't understand anyone who can speak without adanoids. If the yanks can't understand English spoken by an English person Jones would have no chance.

As for Jones' English, is he actually half German? Because if he is, he might have a strange German/American accent, which would confound 95% of Americans who can't understand anyone who can speak without adanoids. If the yanks can't understand English spoken by an English person Jones would have no chance.

There is nothing American about his accent. He speaks english like anyone who isn't comfortable speaking a language they are only learning would speak it.

As for his history, I believe he was born to an american soldier and a german mother on a US Army base in Frankfurt. He only lived in the US until he was 4 and then moved to germany with his mother after the divorce.

Also Brian is right except that he also played for Germany at the senior level until FIFA changed the rules about players changing national teams. (Since he was only capped in Friendlies he was allowed to change)

We should take Annan off their hands.

Annan looked quality but he is just so small. He would have to be surrounded by a very physical midfield to make up for it - kind of like the SSavage/Tugay partnership. Not sure Nzonzi would be the right partner for him.....

Archived