BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jermaine Jones => Rovers/Roma/Stoke

Ricky

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too worried if we dont sign him, dont want us getting in an auction for a player that will soon be 30, and is on big wages already.

Max price £5m, as our other target shouldnt cost anymore than that - and he's younger!

Not too worried if we dont sign him, dont want us getting in an auction for a player that will soon be 30, and is on big wages already.

Max price £5m, as our other target shouldnt cost anymore than that - and he's younger!

I'd prefer to sign him rather than not. I agree tho, we dont want to be in an auction for him. £5 million is a reasonable price.

Our other target?

Christ Hughesy you don't half post some crap.

Apologies if this should be in a separate JJ thread

apparently our competition is Roma - Jermaine Jones to Roma link

(taken from Washington (DC) Post Soccer Insider blog)

Jermaine Jones to Roma? (Thanks to old friend Steve Amoia at worldfootballcommentaries.com for translation)

“The deal could be outlined today when Walter Sabatini has an appointment with Adam Davis, a representative of the Rogon (Sportsmanagement) organization that has represented dozens of players (among these Kevin Prince Boateng of AC Milan, Kevin Kuranyi, Rafinha, Luiz Gustavo). From a strictly economic sense, the deal costs nothing. Jones is out of contract with Schalke and the contract is also not a problem in this time during the introduction of Financial Fair Play. He is a midfielder more of quantity than quality. American nationality (but also has a German passport therefore would be deemed EU) and he already has a good experience in European soccer.”

notwithstanding the fact Jones is still supposed to be under contract with Schalke 04 for another year...

Why what have I said now?

I think it's more the fact that you make it very obvious you've PM'd nicko and then just post vague things about the guy which is very annoying.

Either name him or wait til he gets named.

Don't write multiple posts in all the threads goin on about a young premier league talent its just annoying.

LT also reporting Jones to Roma link. We should've signed this guy as soon as the season ended, dithering has let other clubs in. Jones proved once he got upto pace that he really suited to playing in Premier League and played a huge role in keeping us up.

LT also reporting Jones to Roma link. We should've signed this guy as soon as the season ended, dithering has let other clubs in. Jones proved once he got upto pace that he really suited to playing in Premier League and played a huge role in keeping us up.

Dithering sounds like the BS of the Hoillet contract.

I didn't realise we had the oppertunity to sign him as soon as the season ended.

We didnt have the option.....we can only negotiate with Schalke when they are ready, they wouldnt put a price on his head in Jan so nothing to suggest they would any sooner than the summer, which would give them the best chance of an auction.

£5.5m isnt bad, but its the top, top end of what id want us to go to. Roma will offer him Europa football and he is after European football too!

On a side note;

He speaks rubbish english like the rest of the Americans:

“For me my next concentration is the Gold Cup and the other stuff is for Blackburn, Schalke and my agent, and we’ll see what happens. Everything can happen.

“I was talking with Steve Kean, we stay in contact and he needs to talk with the owner and all that stuff"

“The other stuff I let my agent sort out and then look what happens.”

:lol:

On a side note;

He speaks rubbish english like the rest of the Americans:

“For me my next concentration is the Gold Cup and the other stuff is for Blackburn, Schalke and my agent, and we’ll see what happens. Everything can happen.

“I was talking with Steve Kean, we stay in contact and he needs to talk with the owner and all that stuff"

“The other stuff I let my agent sort out and then look what happens.”

:lol:

And that video where he calls us Blackpool.

Archived