BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview (Not) Asia Trophy

I thought Hanley played better as the game went on. At half time Kean must have told him to relax and just keep it simple. He had a pretty decent second half.

I still think the best thing for Hanley would be to go on loan to a Championship level club and get a full season under his belt. Unfortunately, for that ever to happen, we need to bring in a couple of centre backs.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only needed to look at his initial touch - IMO, so unnatural and uncomfortable.

Seemingly, Sam & Macca so enough in minutes to form an opinion as presumably did Orient and Aberdeen.

I really wish that Kean was right in his judgement and the lad was an uncut diamond but unfortunately, IMo, he's a real dud.

I haven't seen him play yet, but even if he's not good enough for a PL team and he was bought in because the connections with Jerome Anderson I wouldn't care one bit. Kaka's younger brother Digao still plods around in A.C Milan's reserves without being anywhere near good enough for even Serie B, the same team once signed Clarence Seedorf's overweight friend Harvey Esajas for the same reserve team. Lionel Scaloni's younger brother spent a whole career at Deportivo La Coruna without making a single senior appearance, and why do you think we gave a trial to Diego Maradona Jr a few years back? Or signed Julio Sana Cruz for the reserves? Nepotism is a factor in football transfers and has been for years and years.

I haven't seen him play yet, but even if he's not good enough for a PL team and he was bought in because the connections with Jerome Anderson I wouldn't care one bit. Kaka's younger brother Digao still plods around in A.C Milan's reserves without being anywhere near good enough for even Serie B, the same team once signed Clarence Seedorf's overweight friend Harvey Esajas for the same reserve team. Lionel Scaloni's younger brother spent a whole career at Deportivo La Coruna without making a single senior appearance, and why do you think we gave a trial to Diego Maradona Jr a few years back? Or signed Julio Sana Cruz for the reserves? Nepotism is a factor in football transfers and has been for years and years.

True but Julio was there to keep Roque 'happy' - IMO, there's neither rhyme nor reason for Anderson's signing.

can't believe fans are stating grella is our best midfielder when fit...look at Rovers record when he has been fit...the man was too slow three years ago when we paid four million for him and he still is not up to the premiership...if we're counting on him as a starer as opposed to Dunn/Nzonzi/petrovic than we really are in trouble...as for Anderson, i would note thatwe are letting U21 ROI international Gavin Gunning leave for free, the same Gavin Gunning who by all accounts did very well last year as a starter in the SPL while Anderson couldn't get an appearance all year in the same league

Against a poorish team too!!

I thought the defence was terrible today. against a good team today Rovers would have been battered. I jusy hope it was down to tiredness due to training and weds match and the heat etc. If not, then we are in serious trouble this season.

I am still wondering how we are going to pay for these players we are being linked with.

I am not sure what the commentators were saying exactly, but they were commenting on whatever Kean was doing. I think he made a comment like "some of our players have done three 90 minutes already" - and the people in the studio were like "that doesn't sound normal" haha

I don't know which players they were or if this is normal, not sure how close together those games were either. It does sound a little excessive that some of our players may already have done 4/5 90mins.

I think with the conditions out in Hong Kong, it was slightly worrying seeing 9 of the 11 players from the 1st match start the 2nd match but then if you think about it, we lost a lot of players from last season and we just don't have the numbers to make too many changes.

Someone else, apologies I can't remember who, also said maybe it's because Kean is playing a strong squad because he's in fear of losing his job.

After what happened to Big Sam against United, it wouldn't surprise anyone if Venky's sacked Kean after being embarrassed by coming last in the Asia Cup. Thankfully for Kean, his gamble paid off. We won the game, picked up no addtional injuries and hopefully leaving a bigger impression in Asia than we had before we went out there.

You can't win. Anything good and it's 'only a preseason friendly'. Anything bad and the sky is falling.

It was a preseason tour. No one was seriously hurt. We may have gained a few supporters. Job done.

Just got back from Hong Kong :D

Witnessed my first Rovers game,it's really better live than on TV!

I also saw some Samba,Hoilett,Olsson,Blackman and another 2 rezzie players at Ladies Street and I took photos with them!

Ladies Street?

Is that as sordid as I'm imagining?:D

Ladies Street?

Is that as sordid as I'm imagining?:D

It's a street with loads of stuff for Ladies

I'm only round the corner from the Ladies' Market. Wish I was there that night!

We leave for the airport in 5 hours. Sad to go really. Been a brilliant trip.

Which Hotel were you staying in?

I was at The Cityview

Archived