BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview (Not) Asia Trophy

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm enjoying people slagging off our players and then having them score :)

To be fair, Blackman has been absolutely awful. Hopefully the pen will give him some confidence.

Rochina on the other hand, he's going to be a great player.

Pedersen can't keep the ball for more than a couple of seconds. How can a player that obviously has talent, be so incapable of the most rudimentary football skills.

Nothing we didn't already know about. With Hoilett/Formica/Rochina around we can hopefully create enough, but Roberts and Blackman are useless. Gamst was terrible.

Olsson I thought looked sharp.

Pre season friendly, no need to get hysterical about it. Played well against Villa and lost, played poorly against Kitshee and won comfortably.

A solid centre mid to replace Dunn, a CB to replace Jones, place Olsson on left wing, Givet left back, a couple of new strikers and we should be ok.

Formica and Rochina have obvious skills, however, not sure what their 'real' positions are, where they will play and if they could be part of an effective PL team.

As for Anderson, IMO, this guy is simply not a footballer, looks cumbersome, has an appalling touch (2 or 3 times the ball bobbled-up on contact) and clearly not comfortable on the ball. Seriously, IMO, I've seen better at Pleasington on a Sunday morning.

Did Martin Tyler really say in the commentary that Anderson had to prove he is a proper signing??

Anyway comfortable in the end. Leaves big question marks over Grant Hanley and Nick Blackman's abilities to be even squad players and Kean's ability to organise the defence.

Rochina and Formica had nice cameos but will they have the strength for the fray of the PL?

Formica and Rochina really looked good to me. They just seem to want to encourage the play into attack, whereas some of our other players will first look behind them to pass back to the defence. If our signings in this window are of a similar quality to those two I will be extremely happy.

• Backroom

Formica and Rochina have obvious skills, however, not sure what their 'real' positions are, where they will play and if they could be part of an effective PL team.

As for Anderson, IMO, this guy is simply not a footballer, looks cumbersome, has an appalling touch (2 or 3 times the ball bobbled-up on contact) and clearly not comfortable on the ball. Seriously, IMO, I've seen better at Pleasington on a Sunday morning.

Absolute nonsense. Anderson may end up being awful but there wasn't one thing today to go any way to show that.

What a ridiculous statement to make although we do expect it from you.

myles anderson throws like a girl.

blackman awful, rochina class, formica looks like a slightly less talented kaka, bunn dodgy, hanley looks pretty poor. Not a good display despite the scoreline, if kitchee had put away that penalty the scoreline could have been a different outcome. Shows we still lack at least 4 or 5 quality firstteamers and shows we NEED a GOALSCORER, Roberts does absolutely nothing for the team. What happens when robinson and samba are missing, are we going to have to rely on Bunn and Hanley?

Did Martin Tyler really say in the commentary that Anderson had to prove he is a proper signing??

Anyway comfortable in the end. Leaves big question marks over Grant Hanley and Nick Blackman's abilities to be even squad players and Kean's ability to organise the defence.

Rochina and Formica had nice cameos but will they have the strength for the fray of the PL?

Oh you two do so bore the tits off me. And I like tits.

We've just comfortably won a pre-season and the lads had a good run out, yet you're still sticking the knife in. Can't you at least wait until the season proper starts?

You sure you're not talking about Pedersen?

Harsh post! :wacko:

• Backroom

To be fair Tom, Anderson did make one he'll of a howler when he tried to play a square ball which should have been intercepted but the kitchee player fell over the ball.

Sorry I thought that was Pedersen such was the nature of the pass

Archived