BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview (Not) Asia Trophy

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's a friendly phil! After watching us get torn apart at by lower league PNE last season and countless other insipid displays I don't draw any conclusions from these games.

A man of your vintage should do likewise.

Exactly, Liverpool got beat 3-0 by Hull last week.

a 5-0 drubbing would be embarassing, a poor performance isn't.

However the defence is a cause for concern, Samba can't be sold. Incidentally though young Master Jones looked just as bad for United as Hanley today in his debut.

Dunn that is truly shocking you tubby git

Bloody hell we've been poor. And what was with the short corner with 1 minute injury time to go?

Formica's been good again, looks a talent. Nice movement and finishing. Good cross from Emerton too.

But we need to sign some players fast before the 13th.

Very poor display. Highlights

+

Formica's goal, well worked, only piece of skill shown in the half

Nzonzi has done ok in the middle

-

Roberts, for me, is one of the worst players to have worn the blue and white in the past 10 years. Terrible player. Has done nothing but complain to the ref.

Dunn/Emerton/Gamst, all too slow, their passing has been SHOCKING and they have all shown a complete lack of ideas. Dunn and Gamst in particular have been extremely poor

Hanley has been over eager and far too naive.

Overall, its a pre season friendly. The result is meaningless, the players are tired and they're playing against opponents who are treating this as a cup final. The performance is bad but I dont think its worth reading too much into it. It re-iterates the need to get in 3/4 bright, pacey attacking options but we knew that beforehand.

Most of the midfield look like the walking dead, they look tired. I guess that first game in the heat sapped a lot out some of them.

Salgado still managing to run around though. I heard the commentator mention Rochina, hope we see Formica/Rochina upfront :lol:

Rovers have looked very tired during the first half, it seems the game on Weds and the training sessions have taken it out of the players. We need to get through this game without anyone picking up injuries, hopefully Kean will make some changes at half time.

Rovers have looked very tired during the first half, it seems the game on Weds and the training sessions have taken it out of the players. We need to get through this game without anyone picking up injuries, hopefully Kean will make some changes at half time.

The players look dead on their feet. Changes are essential.

Sorry Kamy..............tired? bollux!

Cannot believe he started with the same 11 today, bar 1 outfield player. Especially after making subs on 75 minutes in the first game. If i heard correctly then we can only make 5 subs?

No other manager in the league would have done that. Poor

Kean has no nous - to start with 9 of the same players after Wednesday's torrid conditions is a recipe for disaster. Can see Dunny picking-up an injury in 2nd half at this rate.

Does Kean fear for his job if we lose, hence a 'strong team' ?

Worrying display.

Formica looks good providing we can get him in the game / he gets himself in the game. He simply has to get more involved.

• Backroom

Blackman can't do any worse than Roberts did in this game even if he does more of his pearollers from 40 yards!

What a jobsworth Dowd is, it's a friendly man!

Archived