BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer 2011 Transfer Window - Part 3.

HemelRover

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No..... never touch the stuff. I've still got the 25yr malt in my cupboard that my colleagues gave me on my retirement in 1999.

As for Steve Kean....I gather you are not one of his greatest fans; but then neither am I. I just expect people to judge other people (yes even people like Kean and Andrews) in a balanced and objective way, and to give a fair and accurate report on their performance.That is not aimed at you in particular Maji but there are more than just a few on this MB that regularly display this unfortunate trait wrt to various "targets" not just Kean and Andrews.

My point that I was trying to make (probably badly) was that if Kean (or any manager) does not have the complete freedom to choose who he wants in his team( including signings) then how can he possibly be held responsible for their failings on the pitch. They are not "his players"

and I cannot think of any manager I know that would accept that situation. I know I certainly wouldn't.

No I'm not a fan of Kean but that has more to do with lack of competence in the role than anything else, I like Kean have craft knowledge in that field and the odd contact or two. I'm not saying I'm the same level but you know what to look for and he's lost in the role. If the club were looking at Kean in a balanced and objective view then perhaps more would. No manager in our modern History has survived a run of results like he did and been rewarded with a supposed 50M to spend and 3 years, it's laughable. Balanced and Objective or stubborn, who knows but the proof is in the pudding as they say. At the end of the day Kean has worked in Spain and there they are head coaches who take what they are given at times so if anything he should be used to that sort of policy. Personally if I was spunking that kind of money I'd want someone spending it who had shown they got more right than wrong and our current track record is one out of 4. So not good and when this is added with all the rumours flying round at present, well it's enough to make you write a prescription.

best news we have had all summer, its looking good ,but we know being a rovers fan things can change quickly , so will wait till he signed on the dotted line

If I was in glass half empty mode I'd suggest that there is a hint of the David Bentley carry on about that. I seem to rem Nicko convincing us all in January that the Bentley deal was all but done and dusted.... before he signed nowt and left for Spurs in June. :(

Final warning. Any off topic posts will now result in an instant 1 week removal of posting rights.

We all have day jobs and are really struggling to keep on this thread. You have been warned.

errr... isn't that off topic? :P

lets all agree that rovers are dragging their heels till after the season ticket deadline so they get an increase in season ticket sales by next week when they announce the signings of santa cruz, joey barton and mathiew upson.

Has for getting players in. Yes it is best the sooner it is done the more time players have to settle in.

However by far the most vital thing is to get the right players at the right price, that can take time.

Nevertheless if we do not get the player we want, due to the people on high unable to make decsions them that is no way to run anything. Has the old saying goes time will tell :rolleyes:

LT saying we have enquired about Onuoha but no bid as yet. No bid on anyone in fact.

How many calls like this are we making around Europe? We're going to end up a laughing stock.

"Hi, I'm just wondering if Nedum Onuoha is availble".

"Yes he is, he's availble for about fi....."

"Ok thanks, bye!. Add him to the list Jerome."

best news we have had all summer, its looking good ,but we know being a rovers fan things can change quickly , so will wait till he signed on the dotted line

Rovers have been "beginning to hold talks" "looking to hold talks" "flying out for talks" etc etc since the season ended.

Fast losing patience with this regime.......

How many calls like this are we making around Europe? We're going to end up a laughing stock.

"Hi, I'm just wondering if Nedum Onuoha is availble".

"Yes he is, he's availble for about fi....."

"Ok thanks, bye!. Add him to the list Jerome."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds depressingly realistic.

It's an important point though, if we're going to ar5e people about like this, when we do actually make our minds up to go for someone will we actually be taken seriously?

Very quiet today - is it the "quiet before the storm"? I very much doubt it. Does anyone know if you can put a bet on the date of our first signing?

Na...it's because people have been told the regime will ban people for posting off topic.

With that in mind and this post going nowehere...good news about Hoilett, although, I have a feeling that may be a re-hash. Did they not already meet or were they due to meet but never did?

You could probably request odds for a bet if you can't find them. If betting agencies were as depressed as people on here you'd probably be best off going for the 31st of August...2013.

Na...it's because people have been told the regime will ban people for posting off topic.

With that in mind and this post going nowehere...good news about Hoilett, although, I have a feeling that may be a re-hash. Did they not already meet or were they due to meet but never did?

You could probably request odds for a bet if you can't find them. If betting agencies were as depressed as people on here you'd probably be best off going for the 31st of August...2013.

I am going to stick £10 on no signings before 21st July.

I am going to stick £10 on no signings before 21st July.

Surely not? Myles Anderson will be through the door today?!? So you're just throwing money away?

Getting Junior on a new contract would be a massive boost for the fans. Then hopefully we can get a decent signing through the door, such as JJ soon after.

Nedum Onuoha would be a decent signing to be fair.

So would a lot of the names we have been linked with.... seems like 'Kean-taro' (see what I did there ;)) just seem to be asking for prices and availability then refusing to make a decision.

Its getting a little frustrating now that, allegedly, the only player we have lodged a bid for is Robbie Kean. Some fingers need to be removed from rectums & decisions need to be made before players go elsewhere.

UnitedMedia_used_by_permission-Dilbert_strip-2002_1117-dt021117shc0.gif

But moving swiftly on.. Nicko or Kamy.. is there any movement at Rovers.. heads being banged etc?

Surely with the window now open and European players going to be on the move there has to be a reaction.

Surely not? Myles Anderson will be through the door today?!? So you're just throwing money away?

Getting Junior on a new contract would be a massive boost for the fans. Then hopefully we can get a decent signing through the door, such as JJ soon after.

Good point, well made - I am a clown.

Is it the sites new format or is there absolutely nothing going on????

Ive reverted back to my usual transfer window routine of waiting on tender hooks for the next bit of info but i havent felt this anxious since Mark Hughes left & we were looking for a new manager!!

This is ridiculous though, at least back then there was regular info coming through but you dont know what to believe now as the new owners ar so unpredictable!!

Im sure our first major summer signing will make Venkys intentions clear, if its Piatti or Cisse we are in for a good one, if its Mame Diouf or Santa Cruz we I will lower my expectations

Come on Venkys, give us something to get excited about!!!

was listening to Talksport this morning and heard Jerome Anderson Talking about transfers mainly Arsenal. but he did mention that there were some big signings imminent. didn't mention Rovers and wasn't pushed on the subject by Brazil or Ronnie.

Nicko or Kamy do have any news if these signings are releated to Rovers.

it seems Venkys vowel of silence is working. also another Talksport regular Kean hasn't been on either.

666 Rovers forever :rover:

Archived