BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer 2011 Transfer Window - Part 3.

HemelRover

What's the difference in allowing people to post inane babble and false transfer rumours but not allowing discussions? I got something taken down saying that we had signed someone. Why was that taken down? It's transfer related isn't it?

If you're doing it because it reduces your workload then surely you're making things more difficult for yourselves by making the guidelines stricter.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody think we're going to spend 50M quid? 30?

I think right now anything is possible.

I'm not so much worried how much is spent, but how wisely it is spent.

I mean signing Myles Anderson and Tony Warner, these are players who never would have been considered BV (Before Venky's).

I mean signing Myles Anderson and Tony Warner, these are players who never would have been considered BV (Before Venky's).

Despite the fact Myles Anderson was on trial with us last summer BV?

But we've been told (and you would've presumed anyway) that Warner is going to be here in a coaching capacity.

And nobody knows what's going on with Anderson. It's been taken so far that people expect him to be in the starting bloody eleven next year.

Goulon got through his trial last summer, Myles didn't so he must really be pants.

We need a proper signing and soon! I hope the silence from those in the know is because something is going on...

I thought Warner was meant to be 3rd choice keeper cum academy coach? Have we ever had an academy keeping coach?

I certainly don't think Myles Anderson is going to be in the starting eleven next year.

In any case, it may well be that we're going to splosh £50m on great new signings, and that there'll be no problems funding the wages and people will be tap-dancing to the ticket office. I just worry about the calibre of who we do actually sign.

But time will reveal all.

And nobody knows what's going on with Anderson. It's been taken so far that people expect him to be in the starting bloody eleven next year.

So we've signed him but he won't be picked? Good----- but wouldn't it be cheaper not to have signed him?

Does nobody find it really strange that the other night someone (apparently in the know) posted that Hoilett's dad was flying over for contract talks and then we read in the LT that "Kean met with Hoilett and his agent, who is also his dad, in Toronto on Wednesday night before returning home yesterday"

Very strange. IMO don't believe anything other than off the official site.

I thought Nicko said that Wietsel deal was done and dusted, well that was the impression he gave by his comment that he wouldn't be surprised if he'd already signed.

Seem to remember that we showed him the door last summer. Clearly he has improved beyond recognition playing for Aberdeen reserves, or could it be that having your father as the manager's agent is no bad thing. Just the sort of signing that will boost those disappointing season ticket sales.

Does nobody find it really strange that the other night someone (apparently in the know) posted that Hoilett's dad was flying over for contract talks and then we read in the LT that "Kean met with Hoilett and his agent, who is also his dad, in Toronto on Wednesday night before returning home yesterday"

Very strange. IMO don't believe anything other than off the official site.

I thought Nicko said that Wietsel deal was done and dusted, well that was the impression he gave by his comment that he wouldn't be surprised if he'd already signed.

What's strange about it? It was reported in several places that his Dad was coming over, including the LET, things change all the time, especially in football

What's strange about it? It was reported in several places that his Dad was coming over, including the LET, things change all the time, especially in football

And with the bumper pay raise he is about yo receive, dad might be here scouting for large new houses.

I think nicko was suggesting that this deal should be straight forward because he is a Kentaro player.

Not really, he would be approaching clubs, not vice versa.

I think technically it would as soon as the opposition club mention a figure, but they will all have ways round it, intermediaries, people who know people.

The first thing Hoilet's dad will say in the negotiations is "I have heard team X are prepared to pay Y, can you match it?"

I think technically it would as soon as the opposition club mention a figure, but they will all have ways round it, intermediaries, people who know people.

The first thing Hoilet's dad will say in the negotiations is "I have heard team X are prepared to pay Y, can you match it?"

I just had a horrible flashback when reading this post... that X and Y reminded me of mystery men X,Y,Z,P,D,Q and Omega from last window.

I said it was one that could be done quite easily - or would be done quite easily if people could pull fingers out.

I said it was one that could be done quite easily - or would be done quite easily if people could pull fingers out.

Ah! Sir Alan Nixon! You've come onboard the messageboard!

Pray tell, do you have any news for us? :D

I do hope the situation at Venkys has finally boiled over and they're looking to make signings really soon!

Archived