BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer 2011 Transfer Window - Part 3.

HemelRover

A few minutes ago i read the LT story confirming that we had enquired of City about Onuoha but hadn't made a bid yet. I went on to say that we haven't yet made a bid for any other player.

Next time I look that post has been removed after a general warning to stop the petty arguments and taking the thread off topic!

EH????????

Please BRFC NEWS tell me how my post could possibly fit either category and , if so, what's wrong with it? Personally I'm pleased to see that we actually and definitely do have an interest in someone.

And my post directly addresses 2 posts above it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wenger recently claimed that it will be late into pre-season before there is significant movement in the transfer market.

"We are in a waiting period, everybody is waiting," said the Arsenal boss in an interview with Alsace TV.

"Everybody has their cards in their hands, hoping for the big transfer. There is nothing moving yet. The period will be more active at the end of July when we will need to really strengthen the team."

If this is the view of Wenger then why are Blackburn any different. We all expect to see major transfers completed over the net week. Realistically this is still VERY early and i think that you could all be very disappointed by the end of next week.

Question-If you had money to spend and a need to strengthen would you eventually sort yourself out and spend it.

Answer-Yes

Lots of time to ponder/re-think/rethink again the end of July is a while off yet. There really is no need to Panic just to make sure that the transfers are value for money and will make an impact.

Poor young Myles...he will get so much stick from supporters....where has the guy actually played before?

He appeared for our reserves in a few pre-season games last summer and from what I saw wasn't particularly good. I believe he tried his luck at Leyton Orient but they didn't fancy him and I think he has been at Aberdeen since January and played 3 minutes as a sub.

Its has been a bit crazy this week but I'm hoping that next week we will start signing, or even just bidding for players.

Looking at the last few transfer windows the only player that I can think of that we signed before July was Elrio Van Heerden (remember him ??) on June 2nd 2009 so it is not surprising that we haven't signed anyone yet.

Didn't get the chance to reply to this:

from Fife

"So what you seem to be saying Den is that you believe Kean is not actually a football manager at all, and is in fact just a flunky of some kind put there by Venkys to do their bidding without any questions. I don't believe that for one minute in spite of his long learning curve, I think he will come good if given a proper chance. And this obviously must include being able to choose his incoming players for himself. If he can't do that then he also can't be held to have ANY reponsibility for the consequences on the pitch. Neither you nor Venkys can have it both ways."

Blimey Fife. I've made it plain enough that I believe Kean was put there basically as a yes man. Is Kean responsible for results? Of course he is. If he isn't happy with the way things are going he should get out.

Wenger recently claimed that it will be late into pre-season before there is significant movement in the transfer market.

"We are in a waiting period, everybody is waiting," said the Arsenal boss in an interview with Alsace TV.

"Everybody has their cards in their hands, hoping for the big transfer. There is nothing moving yet. The period will be more active at the end of July when we will need to really strengthen the team."

If this is the view of Wenger then why are Blackburn any different. We all expect to see major transfers completed over the net week. Realistically this is still VERY early and i think that you could all be very disappointed by the end of next week.

Question-If you had money to spend and a need to strengthen would you eventually sort yourself out and spend it.

Answer-Yes

Lots of time to ponder/re-think/rethink again the end of July is a while off yet. There really is no need to Panic just to make sure that the transfers are value for money and will make an impact.

Arsenal still have a squad able to remain in the top 10. Rovers, if they are planning to buy 5 or 6 players, need the time for the squad to gell as a team. Our owners need to understand that the more they dither about transfer policy the harder team building will become.

Every other team in the prem will strengthen their squads. Pre-season is the time to build the team up as a team. Then it would be easier to hit the premiership running.

Rovers are soon to go to Hong Kong. I believe it would be best to get the new players in before that. As during that tournament is where the team building will be put together. If the players are not bought before then, I can see Rovers being embarrassed in Hong Kong. If that happens - who is going to want to invite Rovers to participate in such competitions. Commercially this Hing Kong tour could be extremely important for any plans our owners have for the club.

But sadly I do not think they realise this.

Arsenal still have a squad able to remain in the top 10. Rovers, if they are planning to buy 5 or 6 players, need the time for the squad to gell as a team. Our owners need to understand that the more they dither about transfer policy the harder team building will become.

Every other team in the prem will strengthen their squads. Pre-season is the time to build the team up as a team. Then it would be easier to hit the premiership running.

Rovers are soon to go to Hong Kong. I believe it would be best to get the new players in before that. As during that tournament is where the team building will be put together. If the players are not bought before then, I can see Rovers being embarrassed in Hong Kong. If that happens - who is going to want to invite Rovers to participate in such competitions. Commercially this Hing Kong tour could be extremely important for any plans our owners have for the club.

But sadly I do not think they realise this.

I agree other clubs with decent squads and less gaping holes can bide their time and wait for cheaper deals towards the end of the window, we can't.

Pre-season starts tomorrow and still no news of any signings.

Since I seem not to be able to quote from closed threads.

From Fiferover:

So what you seem to be saying Den is that you believe Kean is not actually a football manager at all, and is in fact just a flunky of some kind put there by Venkys to do their bidding without any questions. I don't believe that for one minute in spite of his long learning curve, I think he will come good if given a proper chance. And this obviously must include being able to choose his incoming players for himself. If he can't do that then he also can't be held to have ANY reponsibility for the consequences on the pitch. Neither you nor Venkys can have it both ways.

So have you been at the whisky?

You reap what you sow (Kean not you).

No..... never touch the stuff. I've still got the 25yr malt in my cupboard that my colleagues gave me on my retirement in 1999.

As for Steve Kean....I gather you are not one of his greatest fans; but then neither am I. I just expect people to judge other people (yes even people like Kean and Andrews) in a balanced and objective way, and to give a fair and accurate report on their performance.That is not aimed at you in particular Maji but there are more than just a few on this MB that regularly display this unfortunate trait wrt to various "targets" not just Kean and Andrews.

My point that I was trying to make (probably badly) was that if Kean (or any manager) does not have the complete freedom to choose who he wants in his team( including signings) then how can he possibly be held responsible for their failings on the pitch. They are not "his players"

and I cannot think of any manager I know that would accept that situation. I know I certainly wouldn't.

its going round today that robbie keane is being linked to schalke

also cologne have handed Herold Goulon a trail

im also in touch with a guy who writes for schalke local website and he has said to me on twitter this morning regarding j jones

HassansCorner Hassan Talib Haji

@

@leebrown15 My spy is reporting and talking to Horst Heldt. Maybe there will be some information, during this day. So we have to wait, again

No..... never touch the stuff. I've still got the 25yr malt in my cupboard that my colleagues gave me on my retirement in 1999.

As for Steve Kean....I gather you are not one of his greatest fans; but then neither am I. I just expect people to judge other people (yes even people like Kean and Andrews) in a balanced and objective way, and to give a fair and accurate report on their performance.That is not aimed at you in particular Maji but there are more than just a few on this MB that regularly display this unfortunate trait wrt to various "targets" not just Kean and Andrews.

My point that I was trying to make (probably badly) was that if Kean (or any manager) does not have the complete freedom to choose who he wants in his team( including signings) then how can he possibly be held responsible for their failings on the pitch. They are not "his players"

and I cannot think of any manager I know that would accept that situation. I know I certainly wouldn't.

I'm terrified of going off-topic Fife but you've sided with Kean's critics there! He shoudn't have to take players others foist on him.

I can't think of any manager who'd put up with that situation either, but since he will-------what's that make him?

Answer--------a Yes-man.

Archived