BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

1. Where has Balaji got 49 million from to purchase one player ? Does he look like the sort of bloke who would put his life savings on the line for one player?

2. Where did the Raos get 23 million from to purchase Rovers?

3. They feed 30k people a day, give millions of pounds to charities every year-where is the money coming from?

4. 20 million plus in cars-Balaji where did he get the money from?

5. Over 100 million in cash shown above- that's what my few clicks of google found (did not include millions in Lavasa project). Now biggest question, they own 54% of Venkys India that makes about 10 million profit a year? 5 million profit a year would mean twenty years of saving for the above- can you explain this?

I'm absolutely delighted for them, They're clearly loaded. It's a shame then that between the brothers and Mrs Desai that to date they can't tell their arse from their elbow when it comes to Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

More to the point, how much money is in the Rovers account now? We've had several "mis-understandings" of late. I'd wager that Balaji's money isn't there now and that they have yet to pay off the mortgage / loan with Barclays.

I really couldn't care less about Belaji's £20m worth of cars. They could be the most profitable company in the world but if they don't provide BRFC with a working structure at the club, employ experienced people who know the job and allow their managers to manage (e.g. end of the season "Here's a £Xm budget for this transfer window Mr Kean". Kean being the hard working, thinker that they employed on a 2.5 year contract) then the whole project is doomed to failure.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm absolutely delighted for them, They're clearly loaded. It's a shame then that between the brothers and Mrs Desai that to date they can't tell their arse from their elbow when it comes to Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

More to the point, how much money is in the Rovers account now? We've had several "mis-understandings" of late. I'd wager that Balaji's money isn't there now and that they have yet to pay off the mortgage / loan with Barclays.

I really couldn't care less about Belaji's £20m worth of cars. They could be the most profitable company in the world but if they don't provide BRFC with a working structure at the club, employ experienced people who know the job and allow their managers to manage (e.g. end of the season "Here's a £Xm budget for this transfer window Mr Kean". Kean being the hard working, thinker that they employed on a 2.5 year contract) then the whole project is doomed to failure.

I agree Bob, QPR have one of the richest blokes in the world part owning them and they have spent very little.

My point is that the money is there IF the Raos choose to spend it- I hope they do.

The Venky's are investors in Lavasa- it usually gets trotted out to prove how wealthy they are.

And imy, you are having a joke aren't you? I have given you the numbers at least four times.

Ok thanks clarifys the situation / reason for article etc.

My point is that the money is there IF the Raos choose to spend it- I hope they do.

It's not just the money though. As I mentioned, the structure of the club and the quality of people they put in place are equally, if not more important. Asking Venky's to define how much we have to spend in a transfer window, and therefore setting expectations with the manager at an early stage really shouldn't be an issue. Yet here we are on 25th July with just Myles Anderson (not good enough in a million years) on board.

I agree Bob, QPR have one of the richest blokes in the world part owning them and they have spent very little.

IF they chose to spend it - IF the banks don't take what money venkys 'may' put into the club to pay the debt. In the past few months we have heard, IF, MAYBE, PLAYER LINKED, BUT NEVER HAPPENED, RUMOURS OF THIS THAT AND THE OTHER, NO NEED TO SELL, WE ARE NOT SELLING, WE HAVE MONEY. Yet the only action is Phil Jones being sold. The most active thing happening at the club, is being done by the banks.

Hey guys, I've been completely off this board since the terrible bomb struck in Oslo. I felt the bomb, but I am ok and so are all my loved ones (I think). It has been the strangest and hardest weekend of my life, but it gives me great courage to see how caring and understanding every citizen of Oslo are acting now.

Needless to say, wheter Rovers are trying to sign a striker, or if they have problems paying off a loan becomes very very irrelevant, but if someone would like to PM me a quick update of what is going on (with facts and rumours) I would greatly appreciate it. :)

It's not just the money though. As I mentioned, the structure of the club and the quality of people they put in place are equally, if not more important. Asking Venky's to define how much we have to spend in a transfer window, and therefore setting expectations with the manager at an early stage really shouldn't be an issue. Yet here we are on 25th July with just Myles Anderson (not good enough in a million years) on board.

Interestingly, when Ince was appointed, one of the biggest factors I felt contributed to his downfall was the quality of his backroom team, I really and honestly think that Keans backroom team is much worse, throughout the club, we are not putting the right people in key positions, so whatever funds we have, as Bob quite rightly says is totally irrelevant unless we have the right people in place to use them correctly!

Whatever you think about the current state of affairs, you have to respect what Nelsen, our club captain says.

Well pafell if things were on the verge of a crisis surely he would of said something. ..............

......... I trust him anyway whole heartedly

Toeing the company line appears to be rule No1 and rightly so, but if anyone is taken in by footballers statements like this they must still believe that there are fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Ryan Nelsen not that long ago....

Dec 08

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1092275/Ince-got-Blackburn-dressing-room-says-Rovers-skipper-Ryan-Nelsen.html

Apr 09

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/04/26/1230737/blackburn-rovers-ryan-nelsen-we-would-have-been-relegated-under-

If anyone wants more proof of players toeing the company line simply google 4 words.... steven gerrard roy hodgson.

Interestingly, when Ince was appointed, one of the biggest factors I felt contributed to his downfall was the quality of his backroom team, I really and honestly think that Keans backroom team is much worse, throughout the club, we are not putting the right people in key positions, so whatever funds we have, as Bob quite rightly says is totally irrelevant unless we have the right people in place to use them correctly!

Was it not more to do with Ince`s trainign regimes as in back to the stone age, and upset many fo teh modern footballers who were used to the science behind the training, his tactics were poor apparently before games and during games and he was massivley out of his depth.

At least with Steve kean, we know he is a good coach and great with the youth, he just hasn`t demonstrated that as a manager yet, I am still willign to give him the first 10 games in charge though before I get on the managers back - if he can bring in "his" players to compliment the playign style he wants, then I shall jusge him on that. Lots of Ifs and Buts

Our only two signings with a fee in jan window happened on the 31st last minute

You can cry and moan all you want but the window is far from over.

Our club captain has asked for support and patience I guess you have only two choices

No Chris, there is a third choice. Support the team and players who represent the club, but be as critical as hell of the owners and their puppet manager until they prove they have the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart. I'm afraid they have a long way to go before they will get my support but that won't prevent me supporting the team at every game - home and away.

My understanding - I'm maybe wrong - of the situation about money is. Unless the owners sort something out with the banks and debt. Any money they put into the club, would be snatched up by the banks to pay off the debts. Therefore until that debt is paid, there would be no money to pay for transfers. But if the owners paid off the debt, then put additional money into the club, then we MAY see some activity in the transfer market.

So first and foremost the debt has to be dealt with - either by payment or with an agreement with the banks. Until then, its a stand off situation. Banks get their money, we move on. If they don't , we won't.

If someone is pulling strings at the bank to create insurmountable difficulties and dejection within the Indian camp in order to get the club on the cheap at a stop-loss price then they must have one mightily impressive cv.

I live in hope.

If you give security for a debt and the security expires, surely the debt should be repaid?

I am not aware of any house mortgage where the house is not at risk to the bank until the loan (and interest and fees) is fully paid off.

I don't think it needs an evil genius to talk to the bank to point these self-evident truths out.

The question is, why didn't they get a revolving facility?

Or were the bank very reluctant to even give them credit until the end of last month?

Why didn't Balaji cash in a few of his cars to swell the coffers? Pawn a bit of his bling?

If Kean is right and we have the biggest transfer pot we've ever had, why are we struggling with a simple credit line? We were meant to be spending £50m, so what's happened?

But never mind, according to Chris, we just need to give them more time. No rush, end of the window will do. It's difficult to get business done within 6 weeks, even if you'd already identified your targets before the season ended.

You just can't rush these things you know.

I don't think it needs an evil genius to talk to the bank to point these self-evident truths out.

We don't have a big debt in terms of football and our income. BRFC does have some valuable assets. Venkeys do claim to have lots of money somewhere. Lending money to that neck of the woods must involve some sort of risk so maybe the bank is trying to smoke out that their money claims are kosher. Having just watched last weeks Dispatches programme proof of true ownership seems difficult to pin down.

Note I still have Dave Whelans words on the takeover as part of my sig.

We were meant to be spending £50m, so what's happened?

The £50m was a figure Nicko made up when he totted up the transfer costs (his assumptions) of the 'supposed' targets his sources had given him. It was never a set budget but why let facts get in the way of a good rant? ;)

But there was a £40m quote from Steve Kean BEFORE Phil Jones was sold cruz.

I mentioned in Podcast 2 that one of the reasons it would be a good time for Venky's to sell is that their style of ownership would shortly come under regulatory pressure.

So let's see what the Parliamentary Select Committee will propose- FA hardly in a position to argue back at present.

pkelso Paul Kelso

CMS select committee report into football governance to be published at 12pm Friday. Expect calls for FA reform and a new licensing regime

In just over a month we will have our answer (regarding the direction the club is going in) when the transfer window closes and we are able to judge (as an absolute fact) what has been spent and analyse the calibre of player that is bought in.

In just over a month Kamy, we will be able to judge the players brought in. We wont be able to judge anything else other than those players abilities. However, we have plenty of posters who will be happy just to see signings - and will look nowhere else. The club could be falling apart around them, but as long as we sign someone, nothing else will matter.

Regrding Nelsen's interview: He's always sucked up to whoever suits him. He was pro Hughes, pro Ince, pro Allardyce, pro Kean and now, pro Venky's. I'd take what him and most other players say with a bucket of salt.

Nelsen's past his best and getting on a bit so he's bound to say whatever necessary for the sake of self-preservation.

Not to say he hasn't been a decent player for us, though.

Nelsen has nothing to prove. He already HAS a new contract, there's no need for him to suck up to the owners. He could quite easily just say the lads are focusing on their football etc., without having to say what he did. Of course, it's funny how quickly our fans question our captain's integrity when it doesn't mesh with their point of view.

No-one's questioning his integrity Topman. Honestly though, he's just been to India with Kean and met Venky's - honestly, he's not going to say much else is he? He isn't going to tell the fans anything other than be patient.

No-one's questioning his integrity Topman. Honestly though, he's just been to India with Kean and met Venky's - honestly, he's not going to say much else is he? He isn't going to tell the fans anything other than be patient.

Scroll back, Den. Fans are saying he's a kiss-ass.

While, I don't necessarily agree that everything's hunky dory, I respect Nelsen's opinion and do feel that some patience and perspective is needed from the fans (myself included).

If someone is pulling strings at the bank to create insurmountable difficulties and dejection within the Indian camp in order to get the club on the cheap at a stop-loss price then they must have one mightily impressive cv.

I live in hope.

I do not think that I mentioned anything about a person pulling the banks strings. Just that the bank have lent money and it was due to be paid and the bank wants its money back. Which is normal business. Don't pay a debt and you are likely to lose an asset to pay for it.

But there was a £40m quote from Steve Kean BEFORE Phil Jones was sold cruz.

I mentioned in Podcast 2 that one of the reasons it would be a good time for Venky's to sell is that their style of ownership would shortly come under regulatory pressure.

So let's see what the Parliamentary Select Committee will propose- FA hardly in a position to argue back at present.

pkelso Paul Kelso

CMS select committee report into football governance to be published at 12pm Friday. Expect calls for FA reform and a new licensing regime

Can you clarify this. How is the way venkys are or wanting to run Rovers, different than how you believe the FA / parliamentary select committee will want clubs run.

In just over a month Kamy, we will be able to judge the players brought in. We wont be able to judge anything else other than those players abilities. However, we have plenty of posters who will be happy just to see signings - and will look nowhere else. The club could be falling apart around them, but as long as we sign someone, nothing else will matter.

Agree Den.

All we will be able to judge is who has been bought in and what kind of money has been invested, this will givew us some indication of how ambitious owners are being and allow is to compare spending to statements made by Kean (about possibly getting into champiosn league within 3 seasons) and Balaji (about a top 8 finish and cup this season).

The other equally important stuff (well to most fans) about the situation behind the scenes etc. that we won't be able to judge just by transfers, but like you said quite a lot of fans are only bothered by who is signed, so if 3 to 4 players are signed these fans will be happy.

Archived