BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

Black Burn I assume BKR

Ah OK, poor bloke is getting a lot of flack at the moment but certainly hope he keeps posting.

We're heading for the championship now, of that I'm certain. I just cannot believe how thick these people are. They may as well just take a hatchet to the boardroom and finish the job off good and proper because they are wrecking this club.

Anyone saying otherwise is in denial.

How much have you got bet on we are going down?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you look at that cardboard cut-out sham of a web site? Did you click on any of the buttons?

Are you really as dumb as you pretend to be?

I seem to recall that your mate Ali Ahsan Syed's website was a cracker too.

I don't like it when people are forced off the MB but for all Glenn's checking, I have never believed black burn's bona fides.

And, imy, Venky's previous web site was not poorer than Triton's current effort- at least it had buttons that clicked through.

Plus Venky's is a chicken company (and clearly not a football company judging by the past 8 months). Triton is a MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS company who are now playing at being a football agent.

Their client list has ZERO football background and ZERO non-local content. There are just five weeks to the end of the window.

In One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, the loonies taking over the asylum were the goodies.

In Blackburn Rover, the loonies taking over the asylum are just loonies.

I don't like it when people are forced off the MB but for all Glenn's checking, I have never believed black burn's bona fides.

And, imy, Venky's previous web site was not poorer than Triton's current effort- at least it had buttons that clicked through.

Plus Venky's is a chicken company (and clearly not a football company judging by the past 8 months). Triton is a MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS company who are now playing at being a football agent.

Their client list has ZERO football background and ZERO non-local content. There are just five weeks to the end of the window.

In One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, the loonies taking over the asylum were the goodies.

In Blackburn Rover, the loonies taking over the asylum are just loonies.

Firstly Black burn did not deserve to be hounded out. Glenn has had him checked him out but that is not enough for some people- playground bullies springs to mind.

Secondly Ali Merchant is going to hire a Chief Executive and director of football is he not? He is not signing players or negotiating football contracts. I know nothing of his credentials as a businessman you obviously do can you enlighten us?

I would have thought the major positive is that we are looking to hire a DOF and a Chairman two positions which will ensure better communication and decision making?

I also happen to be a science-fiction horror fan

I'd stick around then if I were you. There's plenty of Sci Fi from The Venky's and the whole thing is pure horror.

I have based what I have said on Zac who IMO certainly has a lot of credibility after breaking several stories.

Has Raul signed up yet?

I'd stick around then if I were you. There's plenty of Sci Fi from The Venky's and the whole thing is pure horror.

Has Raul signed up yet?

His got at least three stories right including stating that Ryan was with Kean in Pune- top info would you not agree?

Bona fides?!!! On an internet message board?!! Good grief!

Lads, twice already Glenn sussed out who Black Burn was, but it's still not enough. Is the bloke from Japan? That might explain the politeness that some of you gave him grief for. As regards Stuart Ripley-gate, maybe being from Japan and being a younger fan he ain't clued in on the tittle tattle regarding player's private lives. IE - What (and who) ol' Stu may or may nor have done in his free time.

Secondly Ali Merchant is going to hire a Chief Executive and director of football is he not? He is not signing players or negotiating football contracts. I know nothing of his credentials as a businessman you obviously do can you enlighten us?

What qualifies this guy to complete this task successfully?

Is he experienced in the world of top flight football?

Bona fides?!!! On an internet message board?!! Good grief!

Lads, twice already Glenn sussed out who Black Burn was, but it's still not enough. Is the bloke from Japan? That might explain the politeness that some of you gave him grief for. As regards Stuart Ripley-gate, maybe being from Japan and being a younger fan he ain't clued in on the tittle tattle regarding player's private lives. IE - What (and who) ol' Stu may or may nor have done in his free time.

Another poster who joined in June 2011.

His got at least three stories right including stating that Ryan was with Kean in Pune- top info would you not agree?

Beltng info. Changed my life that did. I read it again in the paper this morning and had another stiff drink to try and calm down. It was up there with the "did Jensen travel or not" jaw dropper.

Black Burn, I’d like to apologise for the Hugh Grant remark. Please post all you like, just don’t expect me to agree with what you are saying. I will refrain from any future Hugh Grant remarks on this messageboard.

Another poster who joined in June 2011.

Yeah, whatever mate. You (and the others who whinge and whine about new posters) do realise that these are public boards,right? In that the can be looked at by everyone. It's not necessary to sign up to read, basically.

Does the join date reflect the size of ones e-peen? Cos thats the impression some of you give.

Anyway, Phillipl, for what it's worth, I've enjoyed your posts for as long as I've been lurking, but really, ya don't half get into pointless pissing competions with other users. Whats the point?

duty_calls.png

This is Ali Merchant's busiiness home page

As you gasp in awe at its amazing sophistication, remember this is a marketing company.

League 2 is perhaps too sophisticated and big ticket for this guy's level.

So a league two man, fair enough. I take it will have a great knowledge of European football, contacts to all the big clubs, experience dealing with multi millionaire footballers and so on.

Venky's you'd be better off asking me to find a DofF, than your know nothing about football mate. You just seem incapable of learning.

How much have you got bet on we are going down?

Why, are you worried I'm heading for financial ruination?

Nothing at the moment. Last I looked though we were 3/1, which is very good value if you ask me.

I have no idea how strong the promoted teams are, but I would wager their morale is better than our's. Perhaps "certain" was a wee bit OTT, but put it this way, I'm in no way optimistic about our chances for the coming season.

I have no idea how strong the promoted teams are, but I would wager their morale is better than our's. Perhaps "certain" was a wee bit OTT, but put it this way, I'm in no way optimistic about our chances for the coming season.

Yup. As things stand, I'd be inclined to agree. Newly promoted teams are always capable of going on a run and cementing their top flight status. Those squads will be buzzing having joined the big league and will surely have points to prove.

It's not enough for me to say 'oh well, there's teams worse than us, so we should be fine'. Thats not good enough. Especially after all the smoke that has been blown up our behinds by the owners.

Firstly Black burn did not deserve to be hounded out. Glenn has had him checked him out but that is not enough for some people- playground bullies springs to mind.

I would have thought the major positive is that we are looking to hire a DOF and a Chairman two positions which will ensure better communication and decision making?

Could you please explain what qualifications Ali Merchant has for hiring a Chief Executive and a director of football to run a Premier League squad. He can't even get a web site up and running that has links that actually work. Other than being a mate of Mrs Desai and her brothers, he has no qualifications for the job. Another Rao family farce and, once again, it's Blackburn Rovers that suffer. This bunch of comedians are beyond a joke. I'd hoped that after our last day survival at Wolves they might have grasped the nature of the Premier League and what was required in terms of both finance and knowledge to run a club at this level. Clearly they appear to be as clueless today as they were on the day they bought the club.

The largest transfer budget in the club's history - Champions' League in three or four years - the jokes keep coming thick and fast from our puppet-manager but, sadly, nobody finds it funny anymore.

Pathetic to focus this much on webpages whether a company is successfull or not.

I know many horrible companies who have fancy websites, but are totally clueless business people.

I work for one branch inside a French Bank and we have a horrible webpage, but we are a very well-driven company and are market leaders in Norway inside our product.

I'm leaving.

You are right. I am completely clueless.

I expressed an opinion on how I thought things went, and I get slammed for believing that I am a "football expert". Using terms like "I think" have been futile because people ignore my statements "if I'm wrong please enlighten me" and continue to slam me for "pretending to be an expert".

I have not defended Venkys at all, but bob fleming claims that I am. I wonder which part of my sentences is actually defending the Venkys. But it seems that whatever I say will be construed as Venkys defending, so I see no point in saying anything anymore.

I am a stooge for thinking Ellen Ripley ahead of Stuart Ripley. I also happen to be a science-fiction horror fan, which is why the first Ripley that popped into my mind was Ellen Ripley instead. But since I'm a stooge who can't even supposedly remember the name of legendary football players, I don't deserve to be a Blackburn fan. I understand, I get the message.

I have also proved that I am not a fan by supposedly defending Venkys.

I have lost my right to post in this messageboard, and I apologize for offending everyone with my posts here. I should have stayed a lurker, maybe I wouldn't have antagonized so many people if I did.

Then again, being an unknowledgable stooge I believe I have lost even my right to lurk around here.

Goodbye, and good day to you all.

I hope things get better and you guys get what you want (whether it's Venkys selling the club, replacing Kean), and are happier without me around "playing Venkys PR".

Now now Black Burn calm down :brfc: , Never let other peoples opinions or tirades put you down. I read this MB every day to see if things are beginning to change for the better and have responded to some of your posts I think in a positive manner, just because some who aspire to be "in the know" try to put you down does not mean that they are right.

Yes we need Rovers fans to voice their opinions but not to the point of alienating others and I just wonder why the mods have not stepped in to calm things down a little, for me I say carry on posting whatever you want to write, your heart in in the right place, if you give up now you have let those with a bit of a vicious pen win, don't let that happen. it's backs against the wall time for us fans and will be most of the season unless we get the promises delivered from Venkys, we can live in hope, We all want what's best for Blackburn Rovers so your opinion counts as well keep on posting.

Pete. :rover::brfc:

Jeeeeeez we will soon have hounded out everyone with even a speck of optimism. Philipl, your cheap shot about bona fides does you little credit in my humble opinion.

That's the plan. Any new posters will not pollute the gene pool of the board's Inner Party of members, who can all willy joust, scratch each others' eyes out and score points off each other until the day they die. This site is not here for any Rovers related news, it exists for internet warriors of varying age to try and be the big man.

Anyway, let me try to get this thread back on topic. Any other stories relating to the club being sold?

A lot of the Blackburn Rovers supporters on this MB are among the most negative people I know. All the way since joining this messageboard in January 08 I've heard people talking about relegation and now it seems the negative and doom mongers are the only ones who are prepared to post on this messageboard lately , because if you as much as try and look at something in a positve manner you will be slated.

Yup. As things stand, I'd be inclined to agree. Newly promoted teams are always capable of going on a run and cementing their top flight status. Those squads will be buzzing having joined the big league and will surely have points to prove.

It's not enough for me to say 'oh well, there's teams worse than us, so we should be fine'. Thats not good enough. Especially after all the smoke that has been blown up our behinds by the owners.

Plus don't forget we had a good buffer of points from Allardyce before things got dismantled, yet we only just survived by the skin of our teeth.

We've already lost Jones (plus the other Jones), I'm just hoping for some good news on Hoilett. Plus the Samba thing has gone quiet.

Archived