BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

Any protests I've ever seen at Ewood - and there have been a few, have been spontaneous Gummers. The fans at Ewood have seen the back of many managers, so they certainly can be effective. Granted the fans can't get rid of the owners quickly, but they can get their point across to them in no uncertain manner.When the fans finally reach breaking point, they will be heard.

People will only tolerate BS and being mucked about for so long.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some seem to think that venky´s can still right their wrongs and sure, they still have a small window of opportunity there. What seems to be forgotten in that equation is, that they also have more time, to make more mistakes.

Seriously, they are owners of a premier leaue club and as a result of the barclays thing, had a hissy-fit like a baby and pondered selling our club. Is that really all it takes..? one bad result for sam and he is out.. williams wouldnt be a puppet and of he goes.. One incident with barclays and they are almost closing shop..

Behaving like a prat and making impulsive choices, is a recipe for disaster. If they are to succeed, its not only a question of intellect and learning the business, but also amatter of becoming more stable and mature.

Going ahead with a protest, seems fine with me. Sure there is a possibility it could affect, both our players and club, but that has already transpired under their leadership. So imo that argument is null and void. If this kind of leadership continues, what other options is there, if some want to show their disgust.?

The best protest would be, as the players run out, cheer as always but cover all the Venkys signs with one of their biggest competitors!!

Stewards would be on that in seconds. Covering advertising is a something they have always clamped down on.

However, drastic action is needed more than talking. We can chant "Venkys out" all day but that doesn't make us any different from Venkys who promise us signings and to date haven't delivered.

This doesn't make sense.

The first step to recovery is admitting a problem. Not hiding from it.

Fans cannot force someone to sell and they cannot whistle up buyers. They can shine the spot light on a problem and they can humiliate an owner, however, which may create an additional incentive to sell.

The problem with giving the Rao family the opportunity to repair their mistakes is that they don't appear to have a clue what they are doing. You say we need owners and their funds to run the club. So far Venkys seem somewhat reluctant to fund the club full-stop. The family have become a national laughing stock in this country, something which I appreciate you may not fully realise being based where you are. I'm sure that when Mrs. Desai bought the club it was not her intention to become, along with her brothers, a figure of fun in the British media. However, that is were Venkys stand at the moment. If they were hoping to market the company in this part of the world I suspect they would struggle.

If Venkys don't get the ship righted, I believe they're going to discover that the advertising opportunities associated with owning a PL club is a double edged sword. It is quite possible their "global brand" could be severely damaged.

We are like a dog chasing its tail here Gumboots!....the team is backed for the full 90 minutes,any protest takes place inside the ground POST match.

Media coverage is guaranteed.

What is wrong with people?...are you prepared to sit and fiddle while Ewood burns?

Yeah, look what those protests did for Man. Utd & Newcastle.

It's a pointless exercise... and usually attracts the wrong sort of fan.

The best protest would be, as the players run out, cheer as always but cover all the Venkys signs with one of their biggest competitors!!

Na the best protest is always one with a bit of humour, gets way more news headlines and what not.. How about simply bombarding the pitch prior to kick off with rubber chickens.. may even get international news with a joke protest like that lol :)

So if we are getting beat 4-1 in the first game, and the crowd begins chanting Venkys out you won't join in for fear of affecting the team?

Because if the ###### hits the fan, that's how it will happen. There won't be any planning or thought gone into it. It will be a spontaneous rage of disapproval driven by emotion.

if we're getting beat 4-1 in the first match or the second, I won't be there. Not a protest - I'll just be on my holidays! :D The thing is - that kind of protest is not what we are talking about. There are 2 kinds of protest: one like you're talking about that arises from a specific set of events and is reactive, and the other which is planned to bring a set of grievances to the attention of the media and people on a much wider basis. If we're getting beaten 4-1 by Wolves it will be too late to do anything. I was thinking more of now, before it's too late to change owners/persuade them to put their hands in their pockets and pay for some of the changes that need to be made and I don't mean marquee signings.

I'm not trying to change the argument at all. I just genuinely do not know what we could or should do to get the message across and force the owners into action. It's like going on strike - you have to do something and often there's little you can do except withdraw your labour, but if you provide a service, you hit those you are there to serve and it does you no good and just makes people think badly of you. I think that any protest that did take place would have to be very well-organised, very specific with everyone including the media briefed very clearly about what the fans' grievances are. It would also have to be very well "policed" by its organisers or risk things going off in the wrong direction and the whole thing becoming more of an embarrassment than a help. It's all well and good saying "Let's protest" Yes, let's but let's also make sure that if/when we do it's effective and really gets across whatever message we want to send in a very specific way.

If venkys come on to this messageboard they would not like most of the things they read. But one idea - even though small - is everybody change their signiture on here to a anti - venky slogans. It is a way of getting a point across when ever the owners come on to this site.

But we really need contact with the national media to get our views heard. Also letters to the premier league themselves express concerns.

what about all turning your backs to the pitch in silence when the players come out, as a sign of protest(kinda like an anti-Poznan!), not that im at the protest stage yet, ill give them untill end of august(unless they do somthing completly mental in the meantime).

what about all turning your backs to the pitch in silence when the players come out, as a sign of protest(kinda like an anti-Poznan!), not that im at the protest stage yet, ill give them untill end of august(unless they do somthing completly mental in the meantime).

Protesting during a match could have a detrementle effect on the players and their performance. Though wearing venkys out t - shirts at a match would be seen on camera / tv. This would get world wide coverage if a lot of people are wearing them. The only problem I can see is that eventually the stewards / club may ban such t-shirts. But do it for as long as possible.

Any protests I've ever seen at Ewood - and there have been a few, have been spontaneous Gummers. The fans at Ewood have seen the back of many managers, so they certainly can be effective. Granted the fans can't get rid of the owners quickly, but they can get their point across to them in no uncertain manner.When the fans finally reach breaking point, they will be heard.

A ruddy great banner on the Riverside stating "Clueless Venky's Out" as the teams take to the ptch for the first game of the season would be nice. But you're right den. In the past it has always been spontaneous. They are destroying our club, it's the very least we can do to make their brand / product look bad to.

"When the fans finally reach breaking point, they will be heard."

I look forward to seeing the Venky's take their seats in the Jack Walker Stand or the first game of the season against Wolves.

Protesting during a match could have a detrementle effect on the players and their performance. Though wearing venkys out t - shirts at a match would be seen on camera / tv. This would get world wide coverage if a lot of people are wearing them. The only problem I can see is that eventually the stewards / club may ban such t-shirts. But do it for as long as possible.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nobody, other than us, cares a jot about what is happening. It might be a mild sense of amusement, but we support a club that the media and general public are not bothered about. And as for damaging Venky's brand, why would their clients be concerned about protests at Blackburn Rovers? As long as their chicken products or vaccines were at a reasonable price why would their customers care?

Newcaste United are arguably a bigger club than us, Mike Ashley was panned by the press for what was going on there, but did this result in less people shopping in Sports Direct? Possibly in Newcastle it did, but nowhere else. Venky's ego's may be slightly deflated, but in terms of impacting on their business, giving Kean millions for new players is much more likely to harm their profit margins.

And therein lies the problem...

He allegedly unhappy that the players that he wants have not been signed, and that promises were made re transfer budgets and have not been kept.

Oh that's a relief.....nothing REALLY important then. :rolleyes:

FFS!!! From the point of view of ANY football manager at any level ALL those things mentioned above are vitaly important to his ability to do his job as a manager. It matters not who the manager is or how experienced he is, HE (the manager) MUST have the final say in all those matters and must be capable of making his case to the owners. If he cannot convince the owners or at least agree a suitable compromise (including the owners lowering their expectations) then he (the manager) must walk. End of story!

FFS!!! From the point of view of ANY football manager at any level ALL those things mentioned above are vitaly important to his ability to do his job as a manager. It matters not who the manager is or how experienced he is, HE (the manager) MUST have the final say in all those matters and must be capable of making his case to the owners. If he cannot convince the owners or at least agree a suitable compromise (including the owners lowering their expectations) then he (the manager) must walk. End of story!

Oh give it a rest mate...this guy must know that he's only there cos Venky's are trying to do this on the cheap. Does he really think that anyone would give a manager of his inexperience(nay, that's no experience..)£20m to spend. He must be really stupid if he thinks this is a proper position that he holds...I'd love to see his wages....I bet he's the lowest paid manager in the division....He's lucky to be there and he bloody knows it....

He'll tow the line and thank his lucky stars that he'll probably end up as a championship manager after all this....with or without rovers is anybody's guess.. :rover::rover:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nobody, other than us, cares a jot about what is happening. It might be a mild sense of amusement, but we support a club that the media and general public are not bothered about. And as for damaging Venky's brand, why would their clients be concerned about protests at Blackburn Rovers? As long as their chicken products or vaccines were at a reasonable price why would their customers care?

Newcaste United are arguably a bigger club than us, Mike Ashley was panned by the press for what was going on there, but did this result in less people shopping in Sports Direct? Possibly in Newcastle it did, but nowhere else. Venky's ego's may be slightly deflated, but in terms of impacting on their business, giving Kean millions for new players is much more likely to harm their profit margins.

And therein lies the problem...

Venkys need to understand that the supporters are not happy with them. As supporters we have to do, in my opinion, anything we can to get that message over to them. To keep giving it to them until they start to act properly. No it may not daamage Venkys other business. Personally I am not interested in doing so either.

But venkys need to understand that the supporters want either venkys to sort themselves out and run the club properly or to sell the club. As things stand at the moment I suggest the stance now, for a lot of us is VENKY'S OUT. For the simple reason there are NO SIGNS that Venkys are going to run this club properly.

Oh give it a rest mate...this guy must know that he's only there cos Venky's are trying to do this on the cheap. Does he really think that anyone would give a manager of his inexperience(nay, that's no experience..)£20m to spend. He must be really stupid if he thinks this is a proper position that he holds...I'd love to see his wages....I bet he's the lowest paid manager in the division....He's lucky to be there and he bloody knows it....

He'll tow the line and thank his lucky stars that he'll probably end up as a championship manager after all this....with or without rovers is anybody's guess.. :rover::rover:

So in other words you agree with me that no REAL football manager would accept virtually any of the crap that Kean is getting from Venky's. IE. He is NOT a manager. Thank you!

Since he doesn't walk, what does that tell you about him?

If venkys come on to this messageboard they would not like most of the things they read. But one idea - even though small - is everybody change their signiture on here to a anti - venky slogans. It is a way of getting a point across when ever the owners come on to this site.

But we really need contact with the national media to get our views heard. Also letters to the premier league themselves express concerns.

I'm not sure that they do come on this board. I seem to recall one of Kamy's posts saying that being so far away they aren't in touch with the feelings of the fans.

Archived