BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

First and foremost we want to reiterate that what we are posting is just an unconfirmed rumour at the moment, we have debated hard and long about whether to post this or not, but in the end decided that we would post this on the messageboard but not run it as a story on the front page until we have some sort of confirmation.

There has been a rumour doing the rounds for the last few days which suggests that Venky’s have decided to sell Rovers and are talking to an unnamed bidder. There is other stuff associated with this rumour which includes reasons why they are selling but at the moment we are not going to divulge this because all of this is unconfirmed. We are working to get this story confirmed and if we can get it confirmed then we will divulge all that we have heard.

We would like to stress again at this stage this is only a rumour and that we have not been able to verify it, so it could turn out that the story is not true or is wide of the mark. The reason we have posted this is because we believe that it is possible that this story may break soon so it is better you read it here then somewhere else where they may have put a sensationalist angle onto the story.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First and foremost we want to reiterate that what we are posting is just an unconfirmed rumour at the moment, we have debated hard and long about whether to post this or not, but in the end decided that we would post this on the messageboard but not run it as a story on the front page until we have some sort of confirmation.

There has been a rumour doing the rounds for the last few days which suggests that Venky’s have decided to sell Rovers and are talking to an unnamed bidder. There is other stuff associated with this rumour which includes reasons why they are selling but at the moment we are not going to divulge this because all of this is unconfirmed. We are working to get this story confirmed and if we can get it confirmed then we will divulge all that we have heard.

We would like to stress again at this stage this is only a rumour and that we have not been able to verify it, so it could turn out that the story is not true or is wide of the mark. The reason we have posted this is because we believe that it is possible that this story may break soon so it is better you read it here then somewhere else where they may have put a sensationalist angle onto the story.

So much for long-term vision and owning the club forever-----if its true! If they do have another buyer lined up let's hope they are wealthier and wiser.

Oh---and they settle long before the window closes!

Final point--seems odd that they're buying players now if they are thinking of selling. Walker Trust wouldn't act in that way!

I just can't see this rumour being true.

Venky's are business people, they should know about the reputation damage they would suffer if they decide to walk away. One of the main reasons why they bought Rovers was because they wanted to expand their brand into the lucrative UK and European markets for example in the pharmaceutical sector and setting up those Venky's Xprs food outlets.

If they walk away then their reputation will be severely damaged.

I just can't see this rumour being true.

Venky's are business people, they should know about the reputation damage they would suffer if they decide to walk away. One of the main reasons why they bought Rovers was because they wanted to expand their brand into the lucrative UK and European markets for example in the pharmaceutical sector and setting up those Venky's Xprs food outlets.

If they walk away then their reputation will be severely damaged.

If you look at it the other way around, how much of their rep has already been damaged by the leaks of information, narrowly avoiding relegation, shoddy PR etc, then they might be better off selling!

And one thing is for sure we will be much better off too!

If you look at it the other way around, how much of their rep has already been damaged by the leaks of information, narrowly avoiding relegation, shoddy PR etc, then they might be better off selling!

They could turn that damage around if they stick at it, granted it may take some time.

And one thing is for sure we will be much better off too!

No guarantee of that, look at Portsmouth.

so they have done all along what people thought, they have ruined are club pocketed a lovely little amount on the way and do a runner, just look at what they have done, John williams and tom finn gone, they have drained are club away and they then do this i'm a fuming at this news

Interesting. So potentially they've come in, destroyed the structure at the club, appointed a mickey mouse manager, failed to find a sponsor and are looking to walk away without delivering on any of their promises - Not to mention trouser the Phil Jones money.

Alternatively they may be magnamonous, sell us debt free to someone with more money(God knows who would want us in this mess), leaving the P. Jones money in situ for the transfer window. Allowing everyone to get there daggers sharpened for Kean.

Or it may just be all rumour and the circus will be on town for another year...

Interestingly, just heard a QPR fan on talk sport. Sounded thoroughly depressed at the uncertainty over management, lack of transfers, owners that aren't interested, best players leaving, no sponsorship and low season ticket renewals. Ironic really, given who their owners are...

Can we just stress that whilst Kam has put huge amounts of effort into fact checking this, we have nothing first hand from either Venky's or anyone supposed involved with the negotiations, so it could all be a very elaborate hoax. That's why its a forum post not a news story, it could all be bunkum (or Kam's contacts could once again be dead on the money).

so they have done all along what people thought, they have ruined are club pocketed a lovely little amount on the way and do a runner, just look at what they have done, John williams and tom finn gone, they have drained are club away and they then do this i'm a fuming at this news

Lee this is not news just a rumour at this stage.

I posted about a month ago that I had been told by a well connected local businessman that they had put the club up for sale.

I don't know if its true, I don't think so, surely they can't be telling total lies in their recent interviews.

• Backroom

Bad news if true, Venkys aren't good or great but if this happens we will be relegated. We will have sold Jones basically for free and wont have time or money to bring anyone in.

Totally unsurprised by this.

It has been rumoured for a good while now that they were considering options even as far back as March this year.

In the long run, I am almost certain that this will be in Rovers' best interest, however, much of our club has, IMO, been destroyed and I fear that recovery will take some time.

I would think that only the Jones' monies will be available for transfers now in order to try and ensure that the club's PL status remains 'stable' and hence the value of their investment is retained.

I hope the rumour is true .

They have been an unmitigated disaster so far.

Their potential leaving will be the earliest Christmas present I've ever had.

I hope the rumour is true .

They have been an unmitigated disaster so far.

Their potential leaving will be the earliest Christmas present I've ever had.

Whilst some are celebrating a rumour….just consider what it could mean….we don’t know who they would sell to, perhaps to anyone willing to take it off their hands? We could end up in even worse hands….so just ‘be careful what you wish for’.

Personally il take this with a pinch of salt for now as the way they have gone about changing the top level doesn’t seem like someone about to sell up and move on.

ITS A RUMOUR! :rolleyes:

why would the owners sell up and ride into the sunset

9 months in ?

dont think there is anything in this.. unsubstanciated rumour at the moment and that's how it will stay, i reckon.

This is a very dangerous position were in lets hope the trust put some guidelines in place as part of the deal with Venky's so they couldn't sell to just anyone.

Like people have posted before this is an important time for the club to rebuild the squad and a takeover lasts months and could destroy the whole summer window.

Worst case scenario we get someone in like Portsmouth did who has no money and leaves the club in massive debt. Best case scenario is we get someone who is willing to invest allot of money into the club to push us on to the next level and has the capital to back it up. We could also end up with somebody like the trust who gives minimal investment but keeps the club well run an afloat maybe Dan Williams.

Archived