BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

If it is true then come out and say it.

If not then come out and say it.

I don't think they will be seriously considering selling the club just yet though and here's why.

a ) 'Give me just a little more time' - The Rao family have spent years building up their business into the global company it is today, as with any business it takes time to implement ideas and philosophies, yes admittedly, things haven't gone as smoothly as they might have done, but such is life.

b ) 'Crazy, crazy, crazy nights' - The Venkys name in the UK and globally will suffer if they call it quits. People have long memories when it comes to football. Selling the club would be commercial suicide.

c ) 'Like a G6' - I have no doubt that Venkatesh and Bilaj are loving the prestige that comes with owning a football club, their celebrity status will have improved no end. The attention they are getting now they own a football club must be hard to give up.

d ) 'Money for nothing' - Who would actually want to buy the club for the money Venkys would want? A big selling point first time round was the way the club was run, with a settled staff both on and off the field and a exciting crop of youngsters. The jewels in the crown (Williams and Jones) have gone, plus a desire to sell would only drive down any price. If in five years time we have a team in the Champions League with exposure in India and Asia, that is the time to sell!

e ) 'Friends in low places' - What will Kentaro and Jerome Anderson have to say about any deal? Selling wont be easy and wont come cheap.

If I could offer Venkys some advice it would be this:

(taken from George Harrison's - I've got my mind set on you)

Its gonna take money, a whole lot of spending money, its gonna take plenty of money to do it right child

Its gonna take time, a whole lot of precious time, to do it, to do it, to do it right.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: behave yourself Icers.

im just saying, all these top 10 positions might just happen like they said it would... im just not sure, if its 5,6,7,8,9 or 10 that we will end :lol:

Nicko? Alan Nixon? Mr Nixon, what have you heard sir? :P

If it is true then come out and say it.

If not then come out and say it.

I don't think they will be seriously considering selling the club just yet though and here's why.

a ) 'Give me just a little more time' - The Rao family have spent years building up their business into the global company it is today, as with any business it takes time to implement ideas and philosophies, yes admittedly, things haven't gone as smoothly as they might have done, but such is life.

Daddy had spent years building up his business - the rest of the family are just carrying on his legacy.

Very, very worrying news. If true.

It took HOW LONG for the Trust to find a suitable buyer - for the Good of the Club - and we could now be sold to any old chancer?

On the other hand, if we find a buyer with better ideas and more money then it could be a good thing - but if that buyer is out there, why didn't they come in last time around? Or why didn't they meet the criteria?

If Venky's do keep the PJ money and sell for less than they purchased, it could also bring the club into the affordability limits of more bidders - which could be equally good or bad!

But it's still a big IF. I'd be interested to know if the pre-season tour of India still happening?

Daddy had spent years building up his business - the rest of the family are just carrying on his legacy.

Does that remind you of anything?

It's my birthday today - yes it really is!!!!!! What a present.

Heard this about a month ago and shared it with a few by PM. it would be wonderful if the rumoured names and the sale actually happen. YES!

The Raos have done this before with a film production company so it is not out of character.......

Okay - this is a rumour so no need to go nuts. However just a clarification required though to understand the situation:-

What is the position if Venkys sold Samba, Hoilett, Ollson, and Robinson on top of Jones for example - all would find buyers easily - and then sold the club on? Could Venkys take the cash with them? Or are there legal protections against such stripping?

It is true that on the market level surely sales of key players will lessen the value of the club. However on the worrying other side of the coin is if the whole club is only worth £30 million with those players in the squad (that's what Venky's paid), yet sales of those players would generate around 50m and then a subsequent sale of the club generate more money then club it seems a (dastardly) no brainer to sell the assets and sell the club if possible - at least interms of raw finance.

If there are no legal protections then the only barriers to such a move - as far as I can see - are 1) Venkys' sense of ethics and desire to protect their reputation (which would be utterly destroyed in the UK at least) 2) No bidder being willing to buy the club shorn of the key players.

Okay - this is a rumour so no need to go nuts. However just a clarification required though to understand the situation:-

What is the position if Venkys sold Samba, Hoilett, Ollson, and Robinson on top of Jones for example - all would find buyers easily - and then sold the club on? Could Venkys take the cash with them? Or are there legal protections against such stripping?

It is true that on the market level surely sales of key players will lessen the value of the club. However on the worrying other side of the coin is if the whole club is only worth £30 million with those players in the squad (that's what Venky's paid), yet sales of those players would generate around 50m and then a subsequent sale of the club generate more money then club it seems a (dastardly) no brainer to sell the assets and sell the club if possible - at least interms of raw finance.

If there are no legal protections then the only barriers to such a move - as far as I can see - are 1) Venkys' sense of ethics and desire to protect their reputation (which would be utterly destroyed in the UK at least) 2) No bidder being willing to buy the club shorn of the key players.

I previously thought that there were a lot of protective requirements before the Trust were able to sell to avoid such a possibility.

If there weren't why did it take so long to sell? Was it simply down the the selling price?

Have not the players signed for Rovers and not for Venkys? Though you have raised an interesting point. BUT a club not in the prem would be worth less. Therefore to keep the players would, hopefully ensure prem safety.

It's my birthday today - yes it really is!!!!!! What a present.

Heard this about a month ago and shared it with a few by PM. it would be wonderful if the rumoured names and the sale actually happen. YES!

The Raos have done this before with a film production company so it is not out of character.......

C'mon cough birthday boy! Spill the beans. Names,dates and shoe sizes. We want the gossip! ;)

Nicko? Alan Nixon? Mr Nixon, what have you heard sir? :P

Something has gone badly wrong in the last couple of weeks.

Just how wrong is hard to say.

I know the owners are unhappy about several things just now. But I do not know them personally so I can't say how they will react.

IF there was a buyer I am sure they would consider selling.

But I don't see anyone picking up the club just now at a price that would make sense to them.

After the events of the past few weeks I wouldn't rule out anything happening. Crazy days.

C'mon cough birthday boy! Spill the beans. Names,dates and shoe sizes. We want the gossip! ;)

I've told admin but can't put it on here without compromising the MB and I'm not prepared to do that.

Sorry - I'm not trying to tease and could well be completely wrong so it's better that way.

I've told admin but can't put it on here without compromising the MB and I'm not prepared to do that.

Sorry - I'm not trying to tease and could well be completely wrong so it's better that way.

Oh well..... All the best by the way. Enjoy your day! :rover:

Something has gone badly wrong in the last couple of weeks.

Just how wrong is hard to say.

I know the owners are unhappy about several things just now. But I do not know them personally so I can't say how they will react.

IF there was a buyer I am sure they would consider selling.

But I don't see anyone picking up the club just now at a price that would make sense to them.

After the events of the past few weeks I wouldn't rule out anything happening. Crazy days.

Are there unhappy about their "friends" the agents that advised them to purchase the club?

Hughes to head a consortium?

I just can't see Kamy and Glenn putting this "rumour" out there without any sort of definate info! They have been very careful in the past with what they say....they know more than they are letting on, hope the info becomes local knowledge soon!

Mr Kean just been spotted in primark purchasing a new pair of y-fronts!

Hughes to head a consortium?

I just can't see Kamy and Glenn putting this "rumour" out there without any sort of definate info! They have been very careful in the past with what they say....they know more than they are letting on, hope the info becomes local knowledge soon!

Mr Kean just been spotted in primark purchasing a new pair of y-fronts!

No chance. Shame JW didn't think of that before joining City.

What a hot topic, beats the transfer thread.

Hope rumour is true.

the ciruc is going crazier by the day...hopefully they will sell to someone whom will walk the walk not just talk the talk :blink:

Archived