BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my birthday today - yes it really is!!!!!! What a present.

Heard this about a month ago and shared it with a few by PM. it would be wonderful if the rumoured names and the sale actually happen. YES!

The Raos have done this before with a film production company so it is not out of character.......

Be careful what you wish for Paul, sometimes its better the devil you know than the devil you dont.

If Venkys gave up on the club now that would probably put a stop to transfer dealings, and wed likely head for relegation.

Happy birthday by the way :tu:

Accepted it is a rumour but it makes sense.

Let's look at the gap between promise and delivery. When they bought Rovers:

- Venky's talked about global branding

- Venky's talked about Rovers being India's football club

- Venky's talked of naming rights at Ewood

- Venky's talked about fantastic sponsorships

- Venky's talked about leasing players

Talk about expecting those things so soon!! :rolleyes:

Dont disagree with your posts but all that above will take a couple of years, not 8 months!

Not to read anything into it but 2 people have said to me that Venky's were looking to get out within the past couple of weeks. Not sure what they based that on but I just mentally dismissed it at the time.

Kean needs to spend the Jones money now before Uncle Venky runs off with it.

If we are to be sold it need to happen very quickly, This is not the same as when the trust sold us. If this drags out and vekey's don't put any money in we could well go down. At that point i suspect we would be doomed. All as I can think is we must have all murdered a priest in previous life's and this is our punishment :-(

Talk about expecting those things so soon!! :rolleyes:

Dont disagree with your posts but all that above will take a couple of years, not 8 months!

Sorry Hughesy but that is a local government employee's response.

In fact that post is absolute balls.

You clearly have no idea how fast these marketing projects are now moving in the football world and even more so in countries like India.

Reading this thread, it looks like some people have had this "rumour" going for several months. Some even as far as March.

Then Nicko says something have gone badly wrong in the past couple of weeks, and then there is talk of the last couple of days.

Either it does not add up at all, or they have had a buyer lined up since March, but he pulled out (it went badly wrong) in the past couple of weeks (days).

This whole thing sounds silly to me.

Sorry Hughesy but that is a local government employee's response.

In fact that post is absolute balls.

You clearly have no idea how fast these marketing projects are now moving in the football world and even more so in countries like India.

A little harsh philipl, they've only been in the job 7 months!

I personally hope that this is true but I don't think it will happen any time soon.

I and others have been aware in the recent past of fully funded potential buyers but the Venkys did not want to sell then and they probably don't want to sell now. You have to remember that they ALL have to be in agreement to do anything like this. Wanting to buy the club is not the same as buying it, willing buyer needs willing seller. I don't think that ALL 4 are willing sellers.

If there is disagreement between them then that would be one explanation of our current transfer situation. Let's hope that they are not at logger heads with toys being hurled about. We could end up in the worst of all situations.

Also remember that they are a publically listed company and their stock exchange will have strict rules of diclosure should they have something to announce in this regard. Information not released through the proper channels could lead to a shift in share price and someone making a killing - so that is absolutely not allowed. We won't know that this is going to happen until it happens (or not).

They're going to need one heck of an exit strategy to avoid damage to their brand. I'm not holding my breath - but please Lord, please ...

Don't you think someone with in the club needs to come out and issue a statement to squash these rumours , as fans we deserve to be updated and which way our club is going, the one thing venkys have been bad at since taking over is the communication between the club and the fans, if these rumours arn't true they need to get the fans on there side

I said it recently, however Venky’s have a lot of general marketing plans for the club however perhaps not the personnel to execute them. Hence the recent appointment of Paul Hunt who has an excellent commercial background.

Maybe someone was looking at putting some money in hence people assumed we would have a £50mill budget. (this was leaked).Now the investor has bailed out for whatever reason leaving us with a smaller budget and the owners probably asking them selves is this all worth it when they already have a billionaire dollor empire in India? Just a thought!! Ha ha

I personally hope that this is true but I don't think it will happen any time soon.

I and others have been aware in the recent past of fully funded potential buyers but the Venkys did not want to sell then and they probably don't want to sell now. You have to remember that they ALL have to be in agreement to do anything like this. Wanting to buy the club is not the same as buying it, willing buyer needs willing seller. I don't think that ALL 4 are willing sellers.

If there is disagreement between them then that would be one explanation of our current transfer situation. Let's hope that they are not at logger heads with toys being hurled about. We could end up in the worst of all situations.

Also remember that they are a publically listed company and their stock exchange will have strict rules of diclosure should they have something to announce in this regard. Information not released through the proper channels could lead to a shift in share price and someone making a killing - so that is absolutely not allowed. We won't know that this is going to happen until it happens (or not).

They're going to need one heck of an exit strategy to avoid damage to their brand. I'm not holding my breath - but please Lord, please ...

They could use the Phil Jones transfer and the clauses etc in players contracts, players wages being abnormal etc - call the greed in the game and the football industry as immoral - which it is.

Archived