BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say if they sell now after all the promises I would then urge the club to contact the EPL & complain and would also do them for the P.Jones money and it would mean what they signed to say they are here for the long term is just bull I hope it is not true but after the way they have destroyed the structure of the club it would surprise me am hoping for some sort of stability but am really in the dark on this one.

I hope that the owners do sell us if they don't want to owe us anymore and if they can't afford the transfer fees, players wages and agents fees then they have to sell us.

I would just say why have we not sign anybody yet or even put bids in for players we want apart from Keane. Just something not right with this not going happen over the last 2 or 3 weeks since Nicko publish his article in the Sunday People about who we want.

Beyond full capacity as we've proved on several occasions. Plans are afoot, but upgrading to new hardware means a LOT of work behind the scenes, work we don't have really have time for and are reluctant to pay somebody to do it (but that may be the best option). Sadly it's nowhere near as simple as just ftping a few files around like is was when we were small.

No, but I'm willing to acknowledge I can be a bit of a drama queen at times .......

... and 3 am this morning when I was pulling my hair out was one of those times. ;)

Somebody said above you can help by clicking the banners (or even better, buying stuff via them), well google's adsense rules say we can't encourage you to click those banners, so I can't condone that, but I think it's fair to say the advertising revenue from the banners is currently our biggest form of income, but it currently only just about covers the costs.

We could do with placing more banners and ads on the site. Maybe incorporate a right side column for more adsense? That might help increase revenue.

Beyond full capacity as we've proved on several occasions. Plans are afoot, but upgrading to new hardware means a LOT of work behind the scenes, work we don't have really have time for and are reluctant to pay somebody to do it (but that may be the best option). Sadly it's nowhere near as simple as just ftping a few files around like is was when we were small.

No, but I'm willing to acknowledge I can be a bit of a drama queen at times .......

... and 3 am this morning when I was pulling my hair out was one of those times. ;)

Somebody said above you can help by clicking the banners (or even better, buying stuff via them), well google's adsense rules say we can't encourage you to click those banners, so I can't condone that, but I think it's fair to say the advertising revenue from the banners is currently our biggest form of income, but it currently only just about covers the costs.

It was recently mentioned on another thread the lack of BRFC supporters clubs in and around Blackburn. If some of these were started up in various pubs, which would increase customers for the pubs, chance for supporters to meet etc, maybe those pubs would eventually want to advertise on BRFC.co.uk. Especially if that pub did food, good advertisement for them.

For those who haven't had me on <ignore> you might recall me posting towards the end of last season that the 'cavalry was coming' - part of the protest thread as I remember. I posted that if we protested I was convinced that this would adversely effect the players and that we could well be relegated. Staying in the league was paramount I said. The reason was that I believed that there was a bid being put together to attempt to buy the club but that it would be financially unviable if we were relegated. Hence we had to stay up.

I believe there is substance to this rumour. However I am very pessimistic that it will happen. As I said a few pages back there was an even earlier attempt to buy by a different party that was knocked back.

Without going into chapter and verse it is obvious that all parties to the Venkys ownership must be prepared to sell, not just one or a few. To date, to the best of my understanding, there is no willingness to sell from ALL parties.

So a rumour can be both correct and incorrect at the same time - correct that someone wants to buy and is banging on the door - incorrect in that the the club won't be sold because there is no willing seller.

I fully expect the 'rumour' to be denied vehemently and the status quo to prevail. I have zero idea of Venkys actual plans or intentions and I am as confused as everyone else in this regard.

My personal conviction is that the rumoured buyer/s would be a better owner. Sorry but that's my opinion. As said earlier I really don't think it will happen, but not through any lack of door banging.

For those who haven't had me on <ignore> you might recall me posting towards the end of last season that the 'cavalry was coming' - part of the protest thread as I remember. I posted that if we protested I was convinced that this would adversely effect the players and that we could well be relegated. Staying in the league was paramount I said. The reason was that I believed that there was a bid being put together to attempt to buy the club but that it would be financially unviable if we were relegated. Hence we had to stay up.

I believe there is substance to this rumour. However I am very pessimistic that it will happen. As I said a few pages back there was an even earlier attempt to buy by a different party that was knocked back.

Without going into chapter and verse it is obvious that all parties to the Venkys ownership must be prepared to sell, not just one or a few. To date, to the best of my understanding, there is no willingness to sell from ALL parties.

So a rumour can be both correct and incorrect at the same time - correct that someone wants to buy and is banging on the door - incorrect in that the the club won't be sold because there is no willing seller.

I fully expect the 'rumour' to be denied vehemently and the status quo to prevail. I have zero idea of Venkys actual plans or intentions and I am as confused as everyone else in this regard.

My personal conviction is that the rumoured buyer/s would be a better owner. Sorry but that's my opinion. As said earlier I really don't think it will happen, but not through any lack of door banging.

First I have not had you on ignore (I don't have anybody on ignore) - but the rumours, as well as names of interested parties have been mentioned for awhile. In most things in life, money talks. Sometimes people will offer more than what something is worth, if they really want it. If there is a love for something etc. I hope money talks in this case.

I do believe it is in Venkys best interest as well as the clubs to get out now. I think what has got in the way of the venkys, is the advisors. The sad reality was that they already had the right and sound advisors at the club - but chose to sack them. Even if they had wanted to remove John Williams as chairman of Rovers - he would still have been the best person to get venkys plans and ambitions off the ground. But hindsite is a wonderful thing, but venkys ahave listened to the wrong people.

I have to say if they sell now after all the promises I would then urge the club to contact the EPL & complain and would also do them for the P.Jones money and it would mean what they signed to say they are here for the long term is just bull I hope it is not true but after the way they have destroyed the structure of the club it would surprise me am hoping for some sort of stability but am really in the dark on this one.

I think this is a little unfair.

My reading is that Venky's bought us with honourable intentions but were so far removed from the world of the Barclays Premier League that they not only did not know what they were letting themselves in for they were totally oblivious to even knowing what questions to ask or what skills were needed.

For Venky's owning Blackburn Rovers was stepping into a world of unknown unknowns and the frightening thing is with the current total shambles (and don't anybody please think this is a gratuitous put down, Blackburn Rovers FC is literally falling apart at the seems now) they still have not remotely understood the technicalities and culture of business in the UK let alone something as extreme as a Premier League football club.

They were and remain utterly clueless as to what it was they had bought in Blackburn Rovers- what the critical success factors which had kept the smallest town club solvent and in the top half of the Premier League. This is not entirely surprising given the collective man/woman working days the Rao family has physically spent in Blackburn can still be counted on the fingers of both hands (and not need Burnley hands at that!).

In the last eight weeks we have had public commitments to Champions League, a return to marquee signings, several huge numbers publicly paraded as being our transfer budget (what a surprise fees and wages being demanded are now so high) and a very public spat with Man U which we all cheered on and had the rest of football collectively shaking its head in disbelief. That as I say is the public face of our owners, just imagine what a total mess they are making of things on the inside and believe me it is worse than you can imagine.

Snippets get on here from sacking people for sticking to the English Law to nicko's recent exasperations about transfers to the complete collapse of the Academy staffing to the balls up of marketing and sponsorship.

Basically Venky's were clueless when they bought us and are clueless now. These people are not humble enough to learn the conventional way and so will learn through the total loss of their "investment" if they don't sell now.

Of course if they learn the hard way, we are going to get relegated and there will just be a smouldering ruin left where once stood Britain's greatest town club.

That is why I desperately hope they accept the rumoured offer of the rumoured buyer and leave with dignity.

For those doom-merchants that feel we're as good as relegated if we don't buy a single player, would we not have been destined for relegation under the Trust anyway in the long-term?

1) The Trust would have had to sell Phil Jones still to fund new purchase (possibly at less than the £20m+ we got).

2) Phil Jones would still have wanted to leave this summer.

2) Samba would still have wanted to leave this summer.

3) Hoilett is unlikely to have played under Allardyce and wouldn't have been any more likely to want to stay than he is now.

4) It is unlikely that we would have been able to afford the RSC and JJ loan deals.

5) Rochina and Formica (however good or bad) are unlikely to have been signed.

We have been in similar positions before where we've sold our best players in the summer and not re-invested all that money. How is this any different?

how is it different? it is different because with our previous owners they made sure we had a stable board with a great chairman that loved the club and had its intrest at heart

The chairman knew exactly what he was doing even when he made mistakes ie Paul Ince, he corrected them when he felt was necessary

knowing we had a low budget to work on he appointed a manager that on one hand didnt play the most attractive football but knew exactly how to handle a club with no budget and maximise his squad o their potential, taking us in the top 10 a season with a budget of nothing not long after we feared relegation

so what is different this time? the current owner dont have the slightest clue about football, nevermind running a football club

they have sacked a stable manager that would secure premier league football season in season out

replaced him with a first team coach with no previous experience of management almost taking us down to the championship single handedly

they take key advice of agents nobody else would go near

the communication is slow, expecting a maneger to take a 7 hour flight every month isnt appropiate

they make stupid PR stunts that effect the clubs reputation, making a less attractive place than before for players to come to

they lie constantley, from day one we have been told lies:

1.their first promise was to keep and support the current board and management...within a month our manager had gone...within 6 months our chairman had gone

2.their second promise was to give constant funding.. which remains yet to be seen

3.we were promised much much more money to be delivered to us in the summer.. yet to happen.. after bragging about this healthy budget+ any money we make from selling

4.in their documents when taking over at rovers it states they will seek to improve shirt sponsership which they are yet to do

5. create a club television channel never heard of this since.....

6. promise us a marquee signing (not that i want one) then saying they dont want big name players?

they have made us the laughing stock of the premier league

With the greatest respect, I cant imagine anyone not being better than Venkys, in business, you should have a business plan, you put the best people around you and make sure everything is running smoothly, instead, to the onlookers and I include many professional footballers and coaches as onlookers, it appears as if they are making things up as they go along, without the personell to help them along the way and gauging by the comments coming from Pune, even if they were given sound advice, they have appeared to ignore that advice and continue in their own sweet way.

You should read "thriving on chaos" . All the comments are based on rumour. Maybe they are selling and maybe they are not. No one knows.... Even niko. Maybe niko's source doesnt know and what he is saying is based on hear say. According to other reports they have tightened up bait on story leaks. I have been supportive of venky but now I am getting worried. I will give them two weeks to make a signing

Could this be a cynical ploy by Venky's not to spend any money? It worked for two years with the Trust.

The worst possible scenario is they say they are looking for a buyer, not buy any players and then on September 1st say they were unsuccessful and now want to keep us.

If they are not selling then they will have to spend money, if for nothing else then to maintain the credibility of their manager. Jean has already stated that there is a 'very healthy' transfer budget, every penny of Jones transfer money will be spent and even stated champions league ambitions, he will look incredibly stupid if come 1st September we have not spent money bringing in good calibre players.

Back to the rumour, hoping to have more on this within next day or so.

has kamy got any-more info today and what's the facts that make him think venkys want to sell, it must have come from somewhere? surely venkys will want to squash these rumours if not true and come out and make a statement, the longer the silence the more the fans are going to get worried, I think we have a right to know, it's the least they owe us after the mess they have dragged us threw since they took over

Can anybody point to any facts saying Venky's does not know how to run a football club? I keep hearing all these rumours, but no evidence on any of them.

"They didn't know it is possible to get relegated"

"They didn't know some players will have trouble getting a work permit"

"They didn't know how a release clause works"

I'm just curious if someone can back these things up at all, and not just say "I know from my good source."

Please?

1.their first promise was to keep and support the current board and management...within a month our manager had gone...within 6 months our chairman had gone

Standard business practice. Anyone taking over the club or any large business would do the same.

2.their second promise was to give constant funding.. which remains yet to be seen

Cannot disagree

3.we were promised much much more money to be delivered to us in the summer.. yet to happen.. after bragging about this healthy budget+ any money we make from selling

See above but the summer window isn't finished

4.in their documents when taking over at rovers it states they will seek to improve shirt sponsership which they are yet to do

See above

Never heard this one

6. promise us a marquee signing (not that i want one) then saying they dont want big name players

When have they said they don't want a big name player

My reading is that Venky's bought us with honourable intentions but were so far removed from the world of the Barclays Premier League that they not only did not know what they were letting themselves in for they were totally oblivious to even knowing what questions to ask or what skills were needed.

For Venky's owning Blackburn Rovers was stepping into a world of unknown unknowns and the frightening thing is with the current total shambles (and don't anybody please think this is a gratuitous put down, Blackburn Rovers FC is literally falling apart at the seems now) they still have not remotely understood the technicalities and culture of business in the UK let alone something as extreme as a Premier League football club.

They were and remain utterly clueless as to what it was they had bought in Blackburn Rovers- what the critical success factors which had kept the smallest town club solvent and in the top half of the Premier League. This is not entirely surprising given the collective man/woman working days the Rao family has physically spent in Blackburn can still be counted on the fingers of both hands (and not need Burnley hands at that!).

In the last eight weeks we have had public commitments to Champions League, a return to marquee signings, several huge numbers publicly paraded as being our transfer budget (what a surprise fees and wages being demanded are now so high) and a very public spat with Man U which we all cheered on and had the rest of football collectively shaking its head in disbelief. That as I say is the public face of our owners, just imagine what a total mess they are making of things on the inside and believe me it is worse than you can imagine.

Snippets get on here from sacking people for sticking to the English Law to nicko's recent exasperations about transfers to the complete collapse of the Academy staffing to the balls up of marketing and sponsorship.

Basically Venky's were clueless when they bought us and are clueless now. These people are not humble enough to learn the conventional way and so will learn through the total loss of their "investment" if they don't sell now.

Of course if they learn the hard way, we are going to get relegated and there will just be a smouldering ruin left where once stood Britain's greatest town club.

That is why I desperately hope they accept the rumoured offer of the rumoured buyer and leave with dignity.

I also think their intentions were honourable, but were advised wrongly. If there are any investigations from the premier league or whoever. Then the various agents involved is where the blame lies, not just with the owners ignorance - in my opinion of course. But they have come into a world that is alien to them, a dark tunnel called football.

I detest the agents in the game and would hate venkys or any other owner, at Rovers or any other club, to go down because of them. It is agents that a ruining this game. Do you think the agents involved in Rovers could come under investigation?

Hard to argue with his Philip. I share your hope and aspiration but I think we all know in our heart of hearts that nothing will change. Still, we have a Champions League place to look forward too so things aren't to glum.

If they are not selling then they will have to spend money, if for nothing else then to maintain the credibility of their manager. Jean has already stated that there is a 'very healthy' transfer budget, every penny of Jones transfer money will be spent and even stated champions league ambitions, he will look incredibly stupid if come 1st September we have not spent money bringing in good calibre players.

Back to the rumour, hoping to have more on this within next day or so.

I agree with you that if the owners stay they will have to spend at least 20 million pounds.

I hope Kamy that you will have positive news for us. (hopefully they will sell ;) )

Said and put far more eloquently than I ever could.

I'm still willing to utilise my 12 bore.

Will the last Venky out the door, please turn off the lights?

If it's true, they don't want us, and I don't think we really want them.

And hopefully it hits them in the ass.

A big thank you to BRFCS and all involved for outing this and bringing a ray of sunshine to Liverpool on this rainy day.

how is it different? it is different because with our previous owners they made sure we had a stable board with a great chairman that loved the club and had its intrest at heart

The chairman knew exactly what he was doing even when he made mistakes ie Paul Ince, he corrected them when he felt was necessary

knowing we had a low budget to work on he appointed a manager that on one hand didnt play the most attractive football but knew exactly how to handle a club with no budget and maximise his squad o their potential, taking us in the top 10 a season with a budget of nothing not long after we feared relegation

so what is different this time? the current owner dont have the slightest clue about football, nevermind running a football club

they have sacked a stable manager that would secure premier league football season in season out

replaced him with a first team coach with no previous experience of management almost taking us down to the championship single handedly

they take key advice of agents nobody else would go near

the communication is slow, expecting a maneger to take a 7 hour flight every month isnt appropiate

they make stupid PR stunts that effect the clubs reputation, making a less attractive place than before for players to come to

they lie constantley, from day one we have been told lies:

6. promise us a marquee signing (not that i want one) then saying they dont want big name players?

Venky's have spent a significant amount of money to buy the club which I feel does give them the right to make certain decision behind the scenes. In any case, there will be restructuring in any business takeover.

The only thing I can see them being guilty of is being over-ambitious in promising things which they will not be able to deliver.

They cannot be blamed for the Jones sale or Samba wanting to leave.

I believe the minimum they have to do is re-invest the Jones money. If that is done, then I find it hard to believe that we would be relegated.

If you bought a Creme Egg, I'd have no right to tell you how to eat it. I'll be judging them on the results on the pitch!

Venky's have spent a significant amount of money to buy the club which I feel does give them the right to make certain decision behind the scenes. In any case, there will be restructuring in any business takeover.

The only thing I can see them being guilty of is being over-ambitious in promising things which they will not be able to deliver.

They cannot be blamed for the Jones sale or Samba wanting to leave.

I believe the minimum they have to do is re-invest the Jones money. If that is done, then I find it hard to believe that we would be relegated.

If you bought a Creme Egg, I'd have no right to tell you how to eat it. I'll be judging them on the results on the pitch!

What makes people think a football club is the same as a normal business?

What is over ambition? A lack of knowledge is generally the cause.

One could argue that the sorry mess that is currently BRFC resulted in Jones wanting to leave.

Far stronger teams than us have fallen through the trap door and without a strong captain to lead us through?

If Venky's bought a creme egg they'd most likely boil it as that's what you normally do with eggs.

I am judging them on results on the pitch and they have been woeful to date.

Archived