BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

Maybe someone was looking at putting some money in hence people assumed we would have a £50mill budget. (this was leaked).Now the investor has bailed out for whatever reason leaving us with a smaller budget and the owners probably asking them selves is this all worth it when they already have a billionaire dollor empire in India? Just a thought!! Ha ha

If they had an investor lined up, to help fund transfers, would they have been able to keep it secret, and for so long?

I'm not so sure.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about the supposed damage to their brand if they exit. There isn't a decent company in the world that hasn't made an acquisition booboo - look at News International and Myspace - and there is a lot to be said for getting out and cutting your losses rather than pig-headedly ploughing on. If they get their purchase price it won;t hjave cost them much and if a few fat-cat football agents think they are idiots then so what? Hardly going to affect sales of chickens.

TO ALL THOSE HOPING AND CELEBRATING....

just think for a few moments of how catastophic it could be IF they have decided to sell after 9 months!

IF they wanted to sell.. they would sell to the highest bidder and not give a second thought about what that means to the club! we could just of easily have a portsmouth scenario on our hands!

my god! how sad and pathetic is it that people on here hoping that this RUMOUR is true! :angry:

So many conflicting emotions, we are going into the unknown, I had more faith in Venkys but if they sell I sense we have been well and truly duped, my anger is directed towards the Trust who sold us to them in the first place.

I am an optomistic person but running low on that right now, I sincerely hope it is not true.

If they were thinking of selling we can forget all about buying anyone during this window, or staying up for that matter. It would be a complete disaster for us and would destroy Venkey's reputation - thus I do not believe this to be true.

the ciruc is going crazier by the day...hopefully they will sell to someone whom will walk the walk not just talk the talk :blink:

like who.... ???

do you not remember how long it took the trust to find a buyer?

what happens IF they sell to JUST any chancer.. like ali al syed!

A little harsh philipl, they've only been in the job 7 months!

Far from it.

They approached the Trust with a fully worked out vision for the club this time last year. This included a very detailed marketing vision with Kentaro identified as the football marketing gurus who were tasked to make it all happen...

I understand that the Trust expected the new marketing plans to be swinging into action within days of the purchase being completed.

As far as I am aware, Jerome Anderson has trampled all over the football side contrary to explicit undertakings given to the Trust and Premier League but Kentaro has not been given the gig to get on with the marketing side.

The Venky's approach to marketing Rovers has consisted of sneering condescension towards what the Trust had achieved, crippling the efforts of the staff working at Ewood and a load of personal vanity stuff for the Rao siblings.

In terms of real energy, analysis, investment or anything that resembles professional marketing or commercial development, nothing worthy of note has happened as yet.

We have no sponsor and (please let this be an incorrect statement people can use against me) there is no sponsor of any note on the horizon.

If they were thinking of selling we can forget all about buying anyone during this window, or staying up for that matter. It would be a complete disaster for us and would destroy Venkey's reputation - thus I do not believe this to be true.

sensible post.. again sir! :tu:

your statements should be listened to feared.. and heeded!

but, you know as well as me, the anti- raos will still carry on celebrating regardless. i despair at times!

:(

TO ALL THOSE HOPING AND CELEBRATING....

just think for a few moments of how catastophic it could be IF they have decided to sell after 9 months!

IF they wanted to sell.. they would sell to the highest bidder and not give a second thought about what that means to the club! we could just of easily have a portsmouth scenario on our hands!

my god! how sad and pathetic is it that people on here hoping that this RUMOUR is true! :angry:

Here here :tu:

Bloody hell, talk about a rollercoaster ride!

Wouldn't surprise me if the Indians are looking to sell up.

Going by what Nicko and others have said in recent days and weeks, the Indians look like they've lost all confidence in being able to fulfil their Rovers dream (how serious they were in the first place is anybody's guess!) and I think they've been shaken by how much money is needed to get results in the Premier League and how many sharks there are out there (players and agents)! It doesn't look like it's panned out quite as they hoped with Kentaro and SEM.

They don't have any experience of how to run the club effectively themselves, they've got rid of all the people that did that before their arrival, and I would guess they're feeling hopelessly exposed at the moment. Hardly the right conditions to start splashing the cash on expensive summer signings!

The solution in their eyes? Sell up and walk away.

Take this post however you want, i just thought i'd share what i found with rest of the posters on here. :D

After becoming frustrated about some speculation i tried to get some answers from Venkys regarding transfers and how we operate on behalf of the BRFCS website. I got a response from a guy called Joao a Brazilian. He seemed like a nice chap (for what it's worth) but was reluctant to talk in depth in relation to the questions I had, then chose not to rely at all. He assured me that owners are excited about the future at Ewood, said they are hard workers and told me to be "cool" as they are making their best efforts on our behalf.

If anyone is interested in reading the emails i shall copy and paste them on here but like i said i didn't get many answers.

Then Nicko says something have gone badly wrong in the past couple of weeks, and then there is talk of the last couple of days.

If the rumour is to be believed, it all seems to stem from the P Jones scenario - I few eyes opened or home truths revealed maybe :rock: ?

GAV

World Cup

Group:

Members Posts:

6152 Joined:

08-March 01 Location:blackburn Site Patron:Yes Posted 20 minutes ago

Be careful what you wish for Paul, sometimes it’s better the devil you know than the devil you don’t.

If Venkys gave up on the club now that would probably put a stop to transfer dealings, and we’d likely head for relegation.

Isn't this the position we are in at the moment though GAV - or at least that's what its looking like?

if they have some billionaire sheik lined up then im all for it, as much as i despise these clowns, i think a sale now would see us as near certainties to be relegated this season, we would be in a much worse position than we have ever been. Cant say i would be sad to see the back of the shmenky brigade but we dont know what will be around the corner. This club could go to the dogs.

Take this post however you want, i just thought i'd share what i found with rest of the posters on here. :D

After becoming frustrated about some speculation i tried to get some answers from Venkys regarding transfers and how we operate on behalf of the BRFCS website. I got a response from a guy called Joao a Brazilian. He seemed like a nice chap (for what it's worth) but was reluctant to talk in depth in relation to the questions I had, then chose not to rely at all. He assured me that owners are excited about the future at Ewood, said they are hard workers and told me to be "cool" as they are making their best efforts on our behalf.

thanks for that, neal. some sanity at last! :rover:

Far from it.

They approached the Trust with a fully worked out vision for the club this time last year. This included a very detailed marketing vision with Kentaro identified as the football marketing gurus who were tasked to make it all happen...

As far as I am aware, Jerome Anderson has trampled all over the football side contrary to explicit undertakings given to the Trust and Premier League but Kentaro has not been given the gig to get on with the marketing side.

The Venky's approach to marketing Rovers has consisted of sneering condescension towards what the Trust had achieved, crippling the efforts of the staff working at Ewood and a load of personal vanity stuff for the Rao siblings.

In terms of real energy, analysis, investment or anything that resembles professional marketing or commercial development, nothing worthy of note has happened as yet.

We have no sponsor and (please let this be an incorrect statement people can use against me) there is no sponsor of any note on the horizon.

Some of the old guard at the club have had their noses put of joint by Venkys ripping the carpet from under their feet. We had a number of people working behind the scenes who thought life couldn’t get any better, cushy little number down at Ewood, how wrong they were. This doesn’t mean everyone was a cushy number, and some people have left that will be sorely missed.

Its occurred to me for a while that you’ve clearly got the ear of at leats one such person who feels badly done to, and I believe that’s been your driving force, and a few others with similar connections, for a while now.

Not having a go at you here philipl, but I think some of the information is tainted should we say, axes to grind, contracts not being renewed with local businesses and all that.

Then again I could be completely wrong.

I still think you're asking a lot of the owners in such a short spell.

if they have some billionaire sheik lined up then im all for it, as much as i despise these clowns, i think a sale now would see us as near certainties to be relegated this season, we would be in a much worse position than we have ever been. Cant say i would be sad to see the back of the shmenky brigade but we dont know what will be around the corner. This club could go to the dogs.

clowns.. shmenky brigade! come on! :rolleyes:

I only wrote about five to six lines at most, and you call that an essay? Come on, it's way better than the 6000 words I write for my real essays for college. I'll try my best to keep my opinions short, though.

Since some people think I am some sort of undercover Venkys operative, I will clarify on this. I am not a Venkys operative. I am still a college student, so obviously I wouldn't be working for any company. My long-windedness can be evidence of my long hours spent writing essays (and trying to meet word limits) rather than anything chicken-related or account management, if you don't believe me.

Anyway, I asked my friend on IM, and he tells me he hasn't heard anything about Venkys wanting to sell Rovers to anybody. But then again even if the top brass did they wouldn't tell him anyway so don't take my word as absolute truth. He did tell me though that Venkys are trying their best to get a signing within this week to quiet the fans or something along those lines. That could explain the sudden cash deal for Mongungu, though whether that succeeds remains to be seen.

Zac- I love the enthusiasm- but just think IF the rumours are true, where the hell does that leave us?

Minus £16.5 million for our best player, Samba looking to leave, is Junior going to sign? Samba on his way out too, that and no sponsors... it is VERY worrying, I really hope we get a statement soon telling us what is happening.

If this is true, and im not sure if I want it to be or not, then it surely has to be done and dusted within the next two weeks.

Otherwise we are going to be relegated, without a shadow of a doubt.

What a depressing state of affairs, how did we get to this stage again where we were seemingly all set to take on the transfer market two weeks ago, last week the wheels came of that and now this week it appears they are looking to sell us on.

No sponsor, no new shirts, no new signings, low sales on ST (rumoured) and now owners that no longer want us and will have to in all probability, flog us to the first person/group that puts an offer in for us just to give the club a fighting chance of staying in the Premier League next season.

Those on here celebrating the news, maybe you could share the brighter aspect of this potential sale with the rest of us, because I for one see no silver lining in this mess.

Something has to happen.

It is clear, IMO, that the management of our club is dysfunctional and we are heading towards the rocks.

Alarmist and jumping on a bandwagon, no, but an opinion that most people could form even with limited business experience. We would fail miserably on most key performance indicators that you would apply to a PL, or even Championship, club.

I fear that it is all going to be a painful experience and recovery will not be easy.

The status quo, IMO, is not an option if Rovers are to remain a viable club.

Zac- I love the enthusiasm- but just think IF the rumours are true, where the hell does that leave us?

Minus £16.5 million for our best player, Samba looking to leave, is Junior going to sign? Samba on his way out too, that and no sponsors... it is VERY worrying, I really hope we get a statement soon telling us what is happening.

i think that's the least rovers fans deserve, the longer they are quiet it makes me think that maybe its true, if so where do we go from here regarding transfers, cause with the current squad we wont stay up

Something has to happen.

It is clear, IMO, that the management of our club is dysfunctional and we are heading towards the rocks.

Alarmist and jumping on a bandwagon, no, but an opinion that most people could form even with limited business experience. We would fail miserably on most key performance indicators that you would apply to a PL, or even Championship, club.

I fear that it is all going to be a painful experience and recovery will not be easy.

The status quo, IMO, is not an option if Rovers are to remain a viable club.

If the people who say they have been aware of these rumours for some time now are right, then surely the current owners might have already made some progress towards a sale, especially if Paul genuinely has heard names. It may not be a disaster if it happens quickly and new owners have enough money to buy players and pay them. It would however, have to be all over and done with very fast to clam our current players and give us time to bring in anyone worth having as manager and as players. Those with knowledge of business and business law, could it happen very quickly or would it really take months?

Venkys have achieved their aim of world wide publicity and despite a very negative press if they sell us, then, as somebody once said "any publicity is good publicity" - mission accomplished!

I am sure that this was not what they had in mind when they took us over but IF they could get back what they paid then it would be classed as a hell of a lot of free marketing.

They must have had their eyes well and truely opened in the last few weeks with their dealings with players, clubs and agents. Their investment strategy and their long term plans are probably shot to pieces. When you then add to that that the ST sales may be bad and the fans animosity towards them, you can see why they might view selling as the way to go.

If you were Mrs D. would you lets your brothers continue to cock things up any more?

Archived