BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

A little harsh philipl, they've only been in the job 7 months!

Seven months is a lifetime in this business!!!! They should have been all over this ######.

They knew that they would end up buying rovers for a good while before they actually did, so they have had at least 9 months to develop and then execute their plans for senior management roles, football and corporate strategy, marketing and transfers. But what we have is confusion and uncertainty in all of those areas.

A serious owner would have had all their ducks lined up prior to the deal and hit the ground running when they signed. <-- What do I score in buzzword bingo for that :)

I hope they get their house in order very soon.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although it is just a rumour at this stage and perhaps not worth going too deeply into, it is safe to say that nothing runs smoothly for these owners at the club. So much bad publicity and so many negative events in such a short period of time.

If they are going then few will shed any tears and that just about sums them up.

Seven months is a lifetime in this business!!!! They should have been all over this ######.

They knew that they would end up buying rovers for a good while before they actually did, so they have had at least 9 months to develop and then execute their plans for senior management roles, football and corporate strategy, marketing and transfers. But what we have is confusion and uncertainty in all of those areas.

A serious owner would have had all their ducks lined up prior to the deal and hit the ground running when they signed. <-- What do I score in buzzword bingo for that :)

No, seven months is only a miniscule amount of time in business, but in politics it's several lifetimes.

They should have had a plan that they could stick to.

The chances of us becoming another Man City are slim to none, the chances of us becoming another Portsmouth are also very slim. This could be good for the club in the long term IF we are being sold.

Who asked you :D

Although it is just a rumour at this stage and perhaps not worth going too deeply into, it is safe to say that nothing runs smoothly for these owners at the club. So much bad publicity and so many negative events in such a short period of time.

If they are going then few will shed any tears and that just about sums them up.

Are we allowed to give a vote of no confidence in the owners, in an attempt to give them the push in the selling direction.

No, seven months is only a miniscule amount of time in business, but in politics it's several lifetimes.

They should have had a plan that they could stick to.

Agreed they should have stuck to the plan they sold to the Trust and Premier League which portrayed them as responsible visionary owners.

Seven months is 20% of the entire existence of Twitter and 10% of the lifetime of Facebook.

In seven months the price performance of computer processing power doubles.

In seven months a billion mobile phones get sold.

In seven months, the GDP of India grows by about $250 billion- that is more than a quarter of the entire GDP of Australia

Thaksin owned Man City for twelve months and in seven months Pompey got through three owners.

So does anyone actually know if they have been talking to potential buyers?

We all know that this is a RUMOUR (technically) but, as other posters have said, for it to be given it's own thread by a BRFCS moderator does suggest that something serious is afoot.

Agreed they should have stuck to the plan they sold to the Trust and Premier League which portrayed them as responsible visionary owners.

Seven months is 20% of the entire existence of Twitter and 10% of the lifetime of Facebook.

In seven months, the GDP of India grows by about $250 billion- that is more than a quarter of the entire GDP of Australia

Thaksin owned Man City for twelve months and in seven months Pompey got through three owners.

Sad, but the reality is that venkys are out of their depth in the football world. My view is they gave it a go, but football is a cut throat business and gives no quater. Venkys should sell for the sake of their own sanity as well as that of the fans and the club.

They maybe good in the chicken business. There are other, better avenues of promoting a business than owning a football club.

Message to venkys should be leave whilst they still can - because any damage caused to them or the club can still be repaired. Putting things off for much longer would be crippling for all sides.

Thats my anual post Gav. See next year :tu:

Sounds painful

This is from a removed post, but ....

After becoming frustrated about some speculation i tried to get some answers from Venkys regarding transfers and how we operate on behalf of the BRFCS website.

I appreciate your intentions were honest, but please do NOT do that. Kamy and Wen have put in a lot of work into getting us accredited with organisations and agents alike as a recognised and respectable serious press outlet. Kamy especially has put huge amounts of effort into building relations with Venkys. Having random people contact them claiming to be acting on our behalf won't help.

philip, you are not putting that up as some kind of justification are you?

We both know that details like that, and other extrapolations could show the opposite of what you are trying to present.

There were some rumours back in March (I think) in relation to Venky’s looking to sell which they denied and said they were in for the long-term.

Owning a football club these days is a very expensive business particularly if you don’t have significant amounts of money to burn (or essentially throw away!).

I know some people may be potentially happy at this rumour - however, if true, it is never ideal to have owners who are looking to sell (after such a short period of time) – plus who knows who we could end up with providing anyone was actually interested in buying (possibly dependent on how desperate Venky’s may or may not be to sell).

So does anyone actually know if they have been talking to potential buyers?

We all know that this is a RUMOUR (technically) but, as other posters have said, for it to be given it's own thread by a BRFCS moderator does suggest that something serious is afoot.

Thats all it is at present a RUMOUR. However given that its circulating around so much, its daft not to say what we have heard and allow discussion on it. It doesnt of course mean that any of it is actually true.

There were some rumours back in March (I think) in relation to Venky’s looking to sell which they denied and said they were in for the long-term.

Owning a football club these days is a very expensive business particularly if you don’t have significant amounts of money to burn (or essentially throw away!).

I know some people may be potentially happy at this rumour - however, if true, it is never ideal to have owners who are looking to sell (after such a short period of time) – plus who knows who we could end up with providing anyone was actually interested in buying (possibly dependent on how desperate Venky’s may or may not be to sell).

It could be one way to get around any covenants the trust put on any sale.

That's my conspiracy theory anyway.

"real essay " so your a sponging stinking bone idle student.

That was a joke in response to Rover and Out's claim that I've been writing essays on the forum messageboard...

The whole sponging stinking bone idle student was uncalled for, but oh well. Who cares about that? You won't be the first to insult me and you won't be the last either.

I do have to warn people who are happy about Venkys selling the club, though. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of Venkys number two.

Its just a rumor. And I doubt its true. Mrs. D looks like a fighter, not a runner.

Kean will be terrified when he finds out. lol!

Well I suppose he might find a club like Rochdale to take him as manager, if he promises them Champions League football within 5 years.

I hope not. I like Rochdale.

TATA to buy us?

Please? Or India's billionaire brothers (can't remember their names)?

Thats all it is at present a RUMOUR. However given that its circulating around so much, its daft not to say what we have heard and allow discussion on it. It doesnt of course mean that any of it is actually true.

also strange in that nothing appears to have hit the media if its been going on for a while -no matter how close venkeys hold their cards to their chest, although nicko's comments certainly give rise to say something is afoot about something :wacko:

I don't think it's a good idea to swap owners every time things look like they are going tough.

Imagine this: Venkys sell to T company. I can picture 6 months later, when things got worse or messed up, fans here will be complaining "at least under Venkys it wasn't..." or "I would have preferred Venkys to this bullwhatever owners."

Of course things can change for the better, but some people might be deluding themselves that any company that comes next would be better than Venkys.

I don't think it's a good idea to swap owners every time things look like they are going tough.

Imagine this: Venkys sell to T company. I can picture 6 months later, when things got worse or messed up, fans here will be complaining "at least under Venkys it wasn't..." or "I would have preferred Venkys to this bullwhatever owners."

Of course things can change for the better, but some people might be deluding themselves that any company that comes next would be better than Venkys.

With the greatest respect, I cant imagine anyone not being better than Venkys, in business, you should have a business plan, you put the best people around you and make sure everything is running smoothly, instead, to the onlookers and I include many professional footballers and coaches as onlookers, it appears as if they are making things up as they go along, without the personell to help them along the way and gauging by the comments coming from Pune, even if they were given sound advice, they have appeared to ignore that advice and continue in their own sweet way.

With the greatest respect, I cant imagine anyone not being better than Venkys, in business, you should have a business plan, you put the best people around you and make sure everything is running smoothly, instead, to the onlookers and I include many professional footballers and coaches as onlookers, it appears as if they are making things up as they go along, without the personell to help them along the way and gauging by the comments coming from Pune, even if they were given sound advice, they have appeared to ignore that advice and continue in their own sweet way.

No, I think you are right. I agree with you on some points, of course.

But that's what the Trust thought about Venkys too before selling Rovers to them, or am I mistaken?

I do believe that running a business is entirely different from running a football club, though. And the Venkys probably found that out the hard way.

But like I said, I could be wrong and you certainly have a few valid points there.

Archived