BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rumour: Venky's To Sell?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean will be terrified when he finds out. lol!

Well I suppose he might find a club like Rochdale to take him as manager, if he promises them Champions League football within 5 years.

I just can't see this rumour being true.

Venky's are business people, they should know about the reputation damage they would suffer if they decide to walk away. One of the main reasons why they bought Rovers was because they wanted to expand their brand into the lucrative UK and European markets for example in the pharmaceutical sector and setting up those Venky's Xprs food outlets.

If they walk away then their reputation will be severely damaged.

Not really they could just say " we decided to walk away as we believe that the game is corrupt. Money driven and now fails to be a sport. Players asking for obscene wages etc etc. So we decide to sell the club as we consider it immoral to continue further" etc etc. There are many ways to spin a reason for selling.

47er, they haven't actually bought any players this summer though.

They seem about to! But if you mean that the two apparently impending transfers would be paid for (and more) by the sale of Jones then you're right!

If it's a takeover, how long would due diligence and the fit proper testing go on for. Longer than two months I'd expect

Depends on who they sell too. Somebody may want a quick sale. Somebody could come in with an agreed fee, knowing the club is in a mess and willing to pay to fix it. We only have to look at Pompey as an example. What would any due dilligence show up on that, apart from "don't even consider buying". The club was is massive debt etc, yet still sold.

Kean will be terrified when he finds out. lol!

Well I suppose he might find a club like Rochdale to take him as manager, if he promises them Champions League football within 5 years.

P45 for him! Wonder if he'll find a new club as quickly as Sam did!!!!!!

In time to get Sparky? I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

ITS A RUMOUR! :rolleyes:

why would the owners sell up and ride into the sunset

9 months in ?

dont think there is anything in this.. unsubstanciated rumour at the moment and that's how it will stay, i reckon.

You're right. It is just a rumour, however the reason it kind of makes sense to me is that ever since they have taken over they have faced a lot of difficulties.

First of all, they knew very little about the game and were given some sort of crash course on how the game works etc. As we all know, that is never enough to run a football club.

Secondly, I know for a FACT that they have found it extremely difficult over the past few months with all the ongoing things in the background. They have found the nature of the league volatile and somewhat of a minefield in terms of transfers etc.

Finally, this is purely based on what Alan said a few days ago, that something is going on at the club, however, he is yet to put his finger on it. This could be it? That is just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but it may well be the case.

On the other hand, Preston Blue has just stated in the Nedum Onuoha thread that we have put in a £6.3m bid for him and City value him at £7m.

If that is correct, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then this rumour could be nonsense.

Not sure what to make of this.

Do I think Venky's have made a complete mess of their tenure so far? YES.

Do I want them to sell up to any mush willing to pay their price? NO

I can forsee a Pompey situation arsing and it makes me feel VERY uneasy.

You're right. It is just a rumour, however the reason it kind of makes sense to me is that ever since they have taken over they have faced a lot of difficulties.

First of all, they knew very little about the game and were given some sort of crash course on how the game works etc. As we all know, that is never enough to run a football club.

Secondly, I know for a FACT that they have found it extremely difficult over the past few months with all the ongoing things in the background. They have found the nature of the league volatile and somewhat of a minefield in terms of transfers etc.

Finally, this is purely based on what Alan said a few days ago, that something is going on at the club, however, he is yet to put his finger on it. This could be it? That is just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but it may well be the case.

On the other hand, Preston Blue has just stated in the Nedum Onuoha thread that we have put in a £6.3m bid for him and City value him at £7m.

If that is correct, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, then this rumour could be nonsense.

Unless they are spending the Jones money and the promised 5 mill also. They will know that it could take time to sell the club. They would want the club to remain in the prem to help any sale.

Accepted it is a rumour but it makes sense.

Let's look at the gap between promise and delivery. When they bought Rovers:

- Venky's talked about global branding

- Venky's talked about Rovers being India's football club

- Venky's talked of naming rights at Ewood

- Venky's talked about fantastic sponsorships

- Venky's talked about leasing players

- Venky's talked about a wonderful new horizon which wasn't about playing for PL survival on the last day of the season

Then Venky's talked about marquee signings, GBP40m to spend this summer, Champions League, deserving a top 8 finish and a Cup win and so on....

What has happened? Nothing

Many posters have correctly pointed out that as owners they have every right to run the club like a bunch of eccentric four year olds with bizarre firings and hirings but even in Pune they must surely heard the gales of laughter from the football world.

If I were sitting in Pune I would be feeling very very disappointed and be looking at the financial numbers including season ticket sales (I do have the 30 June number and it is scary) and be seriously worried that the families' savings had met a bottomless black hole. A dispassionate glance at the fixture list which sees four top six clubs visit Ewood in succession must fill them with dread at what the League table will look like after Chelsea have been on 5 November.

I think they would be reluctant sellers but deep down Mrs D would be delighted and relieved to see the back of us.

Let's not forget it wasn't just the trust that had strict regulations in place on new buyers they also have to get past the FA. With the sources around here such as Kammy and Nicko im sure they would be able to find some background information on the potential new buyer (if they exist) the media can be a powerful tool and could flush out any potential Ali Syed's.

- Venky's talked about a wonderful new horizon which wasn't about playing for PL survival on the last day of the season

Then Venky's talked about marquee signings, GBP40m to spend this summer, Champions League, deserving a top 8 finish and a Cup win and so on....

Many posters have correctly pointed out that as owners they have every right to run the club like a bunch of eccentric four year olds with bizarre firings and hirings but even in Pune they must surely heard the gales of laughter from the football world.

If I were sitting in Pune I would be feeling very very disappointed and be looking at the financial numbers including season ticket sales (I do have the 30 June number and it is scary) and be seriously worried that the families' savings had met a bottomless black hole. A dispassionate glance at the fixture list which sees four top six clubs visit Ewood in succession must fill them with dread at what the League table will look like after Chelsea have been on 5 November.

I think they would be reluctant sellers but deep down Mrs D would be delighted and relieved to see the back of us.

As you say it is speculation at the moment. Also understandable if they wanted to sell. I think it possible that Mrs D has realised the project is beyond the ability of her brothers and that there are too many sharks in the football business.

Your PM box is full - tried to contact you

- Venky's talked about global branding - They have given us global recognition along with the Venky's name in various places. See the "Message to Venky's" thread, I've posted a link on there,

- Venky's talked about Rovers being India's football club - We will be the first PL club to play a friendly in India this summer along with holding training sessions with children from various parts of India.

- Venky's talked of naming rights at Ewood - Were you not at Ewood last season?

- Venky's talked about fantastic sponsorships - Still negotiating, wait until we get an official announcement.

- Venky's talked about leasing players - RSC and JJ are 2 that we "leased" in January.

- Venky's talked about a wonderful new horizon which wasn't about playing for PL survival on the last day of the season - I'll give you that.

Then Venky's talked about marquee signings, GBP40m to spend this summer, Champions League, deserving a top 8 finish and a Cup win and so on... Time will tell.

What has happened? Nothing - See above

I'm the first one to jump on Phil when I think he's talking nonsense, he'll happily confirm that I'm sure. But I feel the above post pretty much sums things up at the moment. I think they thought it would be a walk in the park. False promises have not doen them any favours though and all of the drivel from Kean about us being in the Champions league in teh future has also not helped, although I'm sure he's just toeing the party line.

Isn't the more serious question if they are selling would they still sanction player purchases?

If you they don't the club then clearly they are not going to spend more money on it. Then we also have the problem that we have to wait for new owners to come in which could take months.

Isn't the more serious question if they are selling would they still sanction player purchases?

If you they don't the club then clearly they are not going to spend more money on it. Then we also have the problem that we have to wait for new owners to come in which could take months.

As things stand, nicko has given us chapter and verse how a completely agreed transfer plan expensively worked out at a transfer summit at Brockhall three weeks ago has been completely frustrated and now binned.

A responsible owner considering selling has to also plan for the contingency of the sale not happening as well.

We are minus two Jones and Samba is sadly more when than if. Nelsen has injury issues and he and Salgado are not getting any younger.

The fact we are in for two central defenders is not a pointer one way or the other as to whether we might be sold.

While only a rumour, i hope Glenn and Kamy have something in place, should this rumour spiral out of control, and hit the papers etc.

I said before, not a chance in hell, that they would walk away at this stage. The season hasnt started, no money has been spent yet, and we dont know how the season will pan out. If we get relegated, having spent no money, and not found a sponsor, then i wouldnt be surprised to see them pack up and leave.

Right now, its difficult to see them selling, when nobody knows what sort of season we will have. We could miraculously end 4th, or reach our target of top 5,6,7,8,9th or 10th

Archived