BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] (RB) Bruno Ribeiro

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of tackles, interceptions whatever you wish to call them.

it says Brazilian right winger????

Maybe Kean sees him as a right sided Olsson-type player who can play wing or right back? Offers versatility depending on where we need him?

yea thought so

Plenty of tackles, interceptions whatever you wish to call them.

Totally bottles a 50-50 challenge around the 50 second mark. He looks very lightweight too.

I'll be surprised if he features at all, I imagine he'll be off back to Brazil in January.

The agency he is signed with probably sent those clips off to hundreds of clubs, looking for a trial. They have put together a good collection so they have done their job and got his foot in the door at a Premier League club. From those videos he looks to have some good attacking attributes, which is promising. Don't care how much is wage is as long as it doesn't affect the budget set aside for other targets.

I remember reading somewhere ages ago that Alex Ferguson sanctioned the transfer for Forlan on the strength of a video.

Lol at 2:50, they literally show him passing to someone. Well if that's not a 'highlight' then I don't know what is...

I love how easy it is to put a negative spin on everything:

- This guy is free so he cannot be any good.

- This guy chose to join us which is a bad sign. Didn't he know we are shambles?

- We didn't hear about any other teams wanting him so he cannot be any good.

- A youtube video show he's got some attacking skills, therefore it's safe to assume he can't defend.

- Even though we have no natural backup for Salgado, we assume he take the place of a youngster

- Giving him a 3 year contract is bad business sense even though he was trialled for a lenghty period and the other players thought he was good.

Weird definition of budget. It all comes from the same pot, of course it affects the wages we can offer to other players.

I mean as in greatly affects it. I thought that would have been pretty obvious. I'm not stupid enough to think it isn't going to affect it WHATSOEVER.

Give me some credit ffs.

I mean as in greatly affects it. I thought that would have been pretty obvious. I'm not stupid enough to think it isn't going to affect it WHATSOEVER.

Give me some credit ffs.

Sorry. It was the "don't care how much wage the is" part that threw me.

Sorry. It was the "don't care how much wage the is" part that threw me.

Yeh but in the context of the sentence. Maybe I have worded it wrong, I don't know. Well at least you get what I mean now. As long as it doesn't significantly affect it.

Tim Vickery was talking about this bloke on radio 5 on Friday night. Seemed very surprised that we had bought him. He used to play for Palmeiras about 5 years ago but faded away and has been knocking round in the lower leagues ever since without really doing much. Tim said he doubted he would succeed but you never know.

This signing was questioned/discussed on the podcast, no one seems to know much about him.

Who cares, only a free transfer, eh! <_<

I care if he's not up to it. We have given himn a contract plus flights and accomodation presumably. He'll be costing us a fortune.

I care if he's not up to it. We have given himn a contract plus flights and accomodation presumably. He'll be costing us a fortune.

Yes me too. But how about reserving that judgement untill he's had a chance to play or not been used for half a season?

Cant be any worst than Salgado was on Saturday.

I said this last season, Salgado (and most defenders) will struggle without a holding midfielder, thats why we simply cant play a diamond formation, on Saturday we hadnt a 'sitter'.

Last season when we reverted to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 Salgado and indeed the rest of the defence was fine!!

Archived