BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] (RB) Bruno Ribeiro

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this fella don't seem to have had much of a career so can't really be on serious wages even if he's a freebie..........would anyone actually expect him to be on more than 5k a week as a backup/squad filler.

does'nt have the feel of a significant signing this one hope i'm wrong

Samba has pretty much said ribero has signed on twitter

he will be signing! as said in my post on 24th july.

from what ive seen, in the pre season friendly, he wasnt up to it.

signing a 28 year old brazilian, who cant get into his club side, makes no sense to me at all. even if he's 3rd choice RB, behind salgardo and emerton, it all smells a but fishy to me- and that is MY OPINION.

• Backroom

he will be signing! as said in my post on 24th july.

from what ive seen, in the pre season friendly, he wasnt up to it.

signing a 28 year old brazilian, who cant get into his club side, makes no sense to me at all. even if he's 3rd choice RB, behind salgardo and emerton, it all smells a but fishy to me- and that is MY OPINION.

But you also said he was Jorge Ribeiro :P

I can't imagine he will be on too much and he did OK against Stanley.

But you also said he was Jorge Ribeiro :P

I can't imagine he will be on too much and he did OK against Stanley.

Will he be any better than the academy right back as 3rd choice? Dont really see the point in signing a foreign player who is no better than British youngster.

Will he be any better than the academy right back as 3rd choice? Dont really see the point in signing a foreign player who is no better than British youngster.

my opinions on seeing him, are my own, and i said it to those around me at morc - i couldnt even see the point in flying him over from brazil and giving him a trial! :rolleyes::blink:

a nothing signing for me, they are trying to get rid of people to save wages and then they bring another peice of deadwood in, no matter what wages hes on

i dont agree with those who post he did well against accy. but.. even if he did well... there's a world of difference between accy in an friendly and the premier league.

i cant even contemplate seeing him try and mark and stay with prem wingers.. :(

Love how people are ruling him out already. At 28, he still has a good 5 years left in him, unlike Salgado who is coming towards the end of his career.

It will also allow us to let Emerton leave at the end of his contract too if we wish, with Ramm waiting in the wings.

Love how people are ruling him out already. At 28, he still has a good 5 years left in him, unlike Salgado who is coming towards the end of his career.

It will also allow us to let Emerton leave at the end of his contract too if we wish, with Ramm waiting in the wings.

im only ruling him out from what i saw of him.. also question why we are signing a bloke that has hardly had a career. 40 odd games in 9 yrs.. does it not seem odd to you ??

the decision to sign him was made very quickly.. after austrian training camp and 1

full friendly game. again, all seems odd TO ME!

Unfortunately, he didn't look very good at Morecambe and if you look at his career you will find that he has made little impact in his own country over the past few seasons. With money being tight, I can't see why Emerton couldn't cover for Salgado and with Ramm and Henley hopefully progressing to the senior squad by the end of the season. If he's not playing first team football the last thing we need is for him to be taking the place of Ramm, Henley or Raheem Hanley in the Reserves.

rovers' transfer dealings have been odd all summer.

True. They smack of a club with absolutely no pulling power and clout whatsoever. In the past the club's lack of glamour was at least partially compensated for by the pulling power of the manager - Hughes especially, and in part Allardyce. Karl Pilkington has zero clout other than perhaps amongst the second string Scottish clubs who are his level. Hence why we sign Goodwillie and target Bamba.

It also can't help that the chicken men have made us a bit of a laughing stock, and apparently have no money to spend after all. Unless, of course, they're saving it all up for the last 48 hours of the transfer window when they'll astound us all by signing a genuinely Premiership-quality goalscorer, midfielder, right winger and defensive replacement for Jones...

Unless he has dual nationality and a European passport I too can't believe he would be granted a work permit. A very odd transfer all round

As someone who has hired a Brazilian and dated one as well I can say it is pretty common for them to be able to get dual Brazilian/Euro nationality with Portugese or Italian (*shrug*) and judging by the fact he has been playing over here already (in friendlies) its pretty much odds on he has a Euro passport already otherwise we are breaking British immigration law.

Still utterly lost on why this transfer occured.. where the hell did we find him? Is our scouting network that good that we can pick up reserve team players from small brazilian clubs lol

Archived