BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adelino Andre Vieira (Vieirinha)

keaney23

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The you tube vid that kearney posted must be one of the best video compilations we've seen of a player.

The lad's got all the tricks. Reminds me of Joe Cole when he was at his peak.

Bizarre 'highlights' video. Lots of trickery, not a lot of end product - shooting in particular appears woeful. Seems decent in the air though for a small guy.

edit - that second video just above is a lot better!

I'm getting increasingly confused about our attacking options. Were going to have four of these small tricky players at the club (Hoilett, Rochina, Formica, Veirinha). Where are they all going to play? I suppose Vieirinha looks more like a genuine wide player than the others. Maybe Hoilett left, Vieirinha right while Rochina and Formica fight over the supporting stiker role?

I agree with others it seems nailed on that Olsson will be mainly a left back this coming season.

The one shared chaacteristic of the players we are linked to is pace. For me this suggests we are going down the counter attacking tactical route with earnest.

christ Kean really looking for these entertaining players, no wonder they sacked Sam

Formica, Rochina, Holliet, Olsson and Vieira. All can beat a player and have some serious skills.

Impressive youtube excluding shooting, bloody skillful. Wonder if it would really work in the PL level or will just run into trouble.

Still wouldn'tsay no, looks exciting.

Hard to judge from youtube.

I'm getting increasingly confused about our attacking options. Were going to have four of these small tricky players at the club (Hoilett, Rochina, Formica, Veirinha). Where are they all going to play? I suppose Vieirinha looks more like a genuine wide player than the others. Maybe Hoilett left, Vieirinha right while Rochina and Formica fight over the supporting stiker role?

I've been thinking about this as well. Formica has looked excellent in pre-season, and Rochina has already shown glimpses of greatness and looks an exciting talent. If we get Vieirinha in, I'm guessing that Hoilett will be used out left, with Olsson at left back. Rochina or Formica in "the hole".

:P Are you lot clinically depressed? He looks brilliant, two great feet, quick, can beat people for fun and he'll get the crowd on their feet. just ignore the shooting for now! Love to see him at Ewood. And as for the 'yeah, but can he do it in the prem' ######, i can't imagine cracking up at the sight of Danny Higginbottom, Essou-Akoutou or Glenn Johnstone! Apart from the top 4 the prem is pretty average. This guy would destroy most full backs in most teams. Cheer the (Please don't use that word again) up :P

The one shared chaacteristic of the players we are linked to is pace. For me this suggests we are going down the counter attacking tactical route with earnest.

The attacking players also all seem to share a history of playing multiple positions. I really think Kean wants to take us down the same route as Barca with an extremely flexible outfield. The unpredictability of high tempo pacey players - passing and moving seamlessly not only looks 'pretty' but is a fair superior style of football.

I tried to start a discussion about it in the Kean thread, but kind of got shot down with 'don't care, just wanna win' comments :blush:

The attacking players also all seem to share a history of playing multiple positions. I really think Kean wants to take us down the same route as Barca with an extremely flexible outfield. The unpredictability of high tempo pacey players - passing and moving seamlessly not only looks 'pretty' but is a fair superior style of football.

I tried to start a discussion about it in the Kean thread, but kind of got shot down with 'don't care, just wanna win' comments :blush:

I think you are correct.

:P Are you lot clinically depressed? He looks brilliant, two great feet, quick, can beat people for fun and he'll get the crowd on their feet. just ignore the shooting for now! Love to see him at Ewood. And as for the 'yeah, but can he do it in the prem' ######, i can't imagine cracking up at the sight of Danny Higginbottom, Essou-Akoutou or Glenn Johnstone! Apart from the top 4 the prem is pretty average. This guy would destroy most full backs in most teams. Cheer the (Please don't use that word again) up :P

Yeah, I remember that Villanueva who we signed who became a big success. That youtube video was a sign of things to come.

Copying is not comparing. More and more teams will adopt Guardiola like tactics and style, but without Guardiola to do it in the first place that could never happen.

Nonsensical. Do you read through this stuff before pressing the send button ?

Sorry if it "riles" you.

I didn't say that. I doubt other posters care for your 'drivel' comments with no explanation as why you think this. If you have a differing opinion, please express it, if you do want to try to rile me, use the PM system.

I didn't say that. I doubt other posters care for your 'drivel' comments with no explanation as why you think this. If you have a differing opinion, please express it, if you do want to try to rile me, use the PM system.

OK, you want a discussion ? Explain how the below makes any sense at all.

Copying is not comparing. More and more teams will adopt Guardiola like tactics and style, but without Guardiola to do it in the first place that could never happen.

Also explain how you think Kean with his limited resources and know-how is going to have Rovers playing in a "Barcelona" style in the toughest league in the world ?

Archived