BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adelino Andre Vieira (Vieirinha)

keaney23

Aye they are trainable to an extent but a short guy can take twice as many steps as a tall guy over the same distance. An excellent tall dribbler would not be as good as an equally talented small one. Just saying.

I do think it's easier to be better at football if you're tall in the premier league though...not based on talent...just that physical attributes can get you out of some sticky situations. Or win you a game under Allardyce.

A tall lad can be trained to take small steps initially, just look at C Ronaldo and if you really want acceleration Usain Bolt at 6'5. A small player as Kelbo says does have lower centre of gravity which helps, but a tall player can bend his knees to lower his and provided he's had co-ordination & agility training during his career constantly will have a high level of agility, again look at Ronaldo his agility is pretty good. But the biggest advantage, the one the small player can never have is a higher top speed as his stride length will always be longer, hence sprinters not being 5'4, even indoors over 60 metres. Stride frequency can also be improved and here in lies the issue, too many clubs say that being quick over 5 yards isn't enough these days, youth teams want to produce the ideal player.

Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating it but those are the reasons given by clubs and they are right to a degree. One other factor is these days we see a lot of teams playing 451 or 4231 so wingers must double up as strikers. If a cross is coming into to the back post do you want the short kid, who most likely can't head a ball or the 6'1 player who probably can attacking the ball?

Thats because of the centre of gravity, Maji will explain better than I can but I can give you some idea of what happens with lads.

Had a lad released from a league club who came to our youth team, looked bloody awful, lacked pace, clumsy, awkward the lot!!

The lad had grown about 6" in a short space of time and all his co-ordination etc had gone, couldn't cope with his new found height, it has taken quite some time to get him anywhere near the level he must have been at to be at a league club!

A lot of clubs just don't get puberty and I've seen the above before as well, again I blame the club as help can be given and should be at this time. If you can work on co-ordination at this time the long term benefits are massive.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scored tonight, winning 1 - 0, Halftime

I believe he scored in the first leg as well... It might just be that his price runs so high we'll have to focus our resources elsewhere. We're still one striker, one central midfielder (even considering the imminent arrival of Petrovic)and one central defender short, all positions I would rather have solved before buying a tricky winger. Still, he seems to be an exciting player which I definitely wouldn't mind giving a go as long as it doesn't hurt our chances to plug the more important holes in the squad.

Seriously, im in love.

When we first got linked to Vieirinha, I was all over youtube clips, and got very impressed.

But as you all know, everyone can look good on the tube.

Therefor I asked some people who follow greek football, and they were also full of praise for him.

And now I have seen PAOK playing Vålerenga twice, and Vieirinha both scored, and played great in both games.

If we manage to buy him, then I will be over the moon!

Seriously, im in love.

When we first got linked to Vieirinha, I was all over youtube clips, and got very impressed.

But as you all know, everyone can look good on the tube.

Therefor I asked some people who follow greek football, and they were also full of praise for him.

And now I have seen PAOK playing Vålerenga twice, and Vieirinha both scored, and played great in both games.

If we manage to buy him, then I will be over the moon!

He's rubbish and you know nothing about football - just ask Phillip L in future - please do not formulate your own opinion on ANYTHING - best to run things by Phillip first...

This is the player that all efforts are being made on signing at the moment, Rovers are very keen to sign him. Once this deal is done/dead then a push will be made on a striker.

Someone is smart signing these players would prove to a decent striker we will provide the service.

A year ago we have pedersen. Emerson, Dunn as our vest offensive player.

We could now potentially have olsson, Holliet, vierinha Formica Rochina all who look like they will be creative.

Someone is smart signing these players would prove to a decent striker we will provide the service.

We could now potentially have olsson, Holliet, vierinha Formica Rochina all who look like they will be creative.

Oh boy what a difference in pace! Opening match could come too early for Vierinha but as a number one target it should be solved quickly. Big yes for Vierinha from here!

very good player what i've seen. for years we have been sreaming our for pace and flair down the wings and now we have the possibility of have Vierinha on the left and Holiett on the right. as for a striker, i still maintain Rochina will be our top goal scorer by the end of the season.

Oh boy what a difference in pace! Opening match could come too early for Vierinha but as a number one target it should be solved quickly. Big yes for Vierinha from here!

Not sure i agree , if he's fit enough now to be playing Europa league qualifiers , he's probably more match fit than the players we have , same goes for Goodwillie , the scottish league started 2 weeks ago and he would've been fit and ready for then

Couldn't agree more chris, it is starting to look a little like Newcastle under Keegan though wouldn't you say?

Blackburn Rovers - The Entertainers, but no defence!

It does all add up to signing a big name striker in my book as Kamy said.

Couldn't agree more chris, it is starting to look a little like Newcastle under Keegan though wouldn't you say?

I always remember Newcastle having horrible goalkeepers, a great keeper can win you games. By the time they got Given they were already on the slide.

We are not as good as Newcastle, but I'm glad we have a great keeper which they never had 93 to 98 ish

After the drab football since Mark Hughes left i would settle for being the entertainers. As long as it is like Keegans Newcastle and not Holaway's Blackpool!

Archived