BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Bentley

67splitscreen

We don't need a creative midfielder? You have a lot of trust in the 'creative' midfielders we do have then?

??

Formica, Rochina, Hoilett, Olsson, Dunn, Pedersen and possibly Vierinha.. Is that not enough?? We know that Hoilett and Olsson can produce, Formica and Rochina are looking very promising and if Veirinha arrives then I'd say that this is by far our strongest area of the pitch. I dont see what Bentley would add to that. You disagree??

??

Formica, Rochina, Hoilett, Olsson, Dunn, Pedersen and possibly Vierinha.. Is that not enough?? We know that Hoilett and Olsson can produce, Formica and Rochina are looking very promising and if Veirinha arrives then I'd say that this is by far our strongest area of the pitch. I dont see what Bentley would add to that. You disagree??

Olsson's playing at LB by the looks of it. If Vierinha signs we're in much better shape. Dunn and Pedersen are rubbish I'm afraid. Formica and Rochina are completely unproven at PL level (although I have high hopes for them).

On the minus side Betnley is a flash Londoner who felt he needed bigger and better. He also needs a strong manager to get the best out of him. Even Hughesy was challenged.

On the plus side I think his contribution has been undervalued and our striker problems started when he left. He is a pinpoint crosser of the ball which helped Roque, and he is capable of spectacular goals cutting inside from the right. Oh and I will never forget his goals against Man Ure which make him a mini legend in my mind.

It's a gamble but one I would take. it should also be remembered that it coincided with Pedersens best spell on the left so maybe that will galvanize gamst as well.

Your attitude determines your altitude so hopefully Betnley still has something to prove. I would pay the money based on performance.

He showed glimpses of the talent we all know he possess on loan at Birmingham last season, but never had a sustainted run in the team (think he kept picking up niggling injuries). Was a bit miffed when he decided to leave but if we can get him back for around £5million or less I think it could be a great signing providing Dave doesn't mind coming back to little ol' Blackburn,

He showed glimpses of the talent we all know he possess on loan at Birmingham last season, but never had a sustainted run in the team (think he kept picking up niggling injuries). Was a bit miffed when he decided to leave but if we can get him back for around £5million or less I think it could be a great signing providing Dave doesn't mind coming back to little ol' Blackburn,

I'd like him back at Rovers. Decent crosser of the ball, free kicks. He helped get the best out of RSC, maybe could help do the same with the other players, such as goodwillie.

7mill too much though.

Olsson's playing at LB by the looks of it. If Vierinha signs we're in much better shape. Dunn and Pedersen are rubbish I'm afraid. Formica and Rochina are completely unproven at PL level (although I have high hopes for them).

If we buy a new CB then you'd assume Givet plays LB.

Formica/Rochina/Hoilett/Olsson/Vierinha will all be fighting for attacking midfield positions at the beginning of the season at least. What does Bentley offer us which those 5 dont?? Clearly Dunn and Pedersen aren't up to much but they're options. Bottom line is, we dont need Bentley. He hasn't played consistently well in 3 years. I'd rather take a punt on Formica/Rochina coming good than bringing Bentley back.

can't see it happening if we sign Vierinha and hoillet signs a new deal (especially at that price) , Bentley's a good player who has lost his way , i'm sure if he were to play week in week out for someone , his level of performance would return

• 2 weeks later...

A regular England player when he left us for bigger things! We can reconstruct his career and do ourselves a favour too. Still relatively young and still immensely talented.

A no-brainer compared with a 34 year old Raul.

But we only pay 2-3M for players don't we despite all the talk?

Bentley was superb for us. He WAS the replacement for Beckham in the England side yet his time at Spurs has been awful, both for him and for the Spurs team. He became too big for his boots, the manager doesn't like him and there are too many players ahead of him now in the team.

Personally I can see him being a success here again. I think he would welcome a return. What do both parties get out of it? Hopefully a great player who is desperate to prove everyone wrong, just like he did when he left Arsenal. I also think he would be more committed in the long run after the experience he's had leaving Rovers for a "bigger" club.

Personally I can see him being a success here again. I think he would welcome a return. What do both parties get out of it? Hopefully a great player who is desperate to prove everyone wrong, just like he did when he left Arsenal. I also think he would be more committed in the long run after the experience he's had leaving Rovers for a "bigger" club.

Would have Bentley back in a heart beat. We have been crying out for Premiership experience. Bentley on the right, Vukcivic on the left Hoilett and a decent striker - that would be a talented line up.

A regular England player when he left us for bigger things! We can reconstruct his career and do ourselves a favour too. Still relatively young and still immensely talented.

A no-brainer compared with a 34 year old Raul.

But we only pay 2-3M for players don't we despite all the talk?

It's not a no-brainer at all. Raul is still doing it every week, even at 34. Bentley hasn't turned up for a game since a few months after we sold him.

I think it depends how Kean wants us to play.

If it's 4-4-2 then I think it suits Bentley perfectly, however 4-2-3-1 then I don't think it would work as well.

The important question is:

Would signing Bentley affect Hoilett's future in the first team?

Hoilett can play on either wing. Plus, competition is a wonderful thing.

Part of the issue with Salgado is that he knows there's nobody to replace him. Not that he's not committed, but there's no pressure on him if he fails.

No point in going for bentley if the rumours of dressing room unrest is to believed. Players dont just lose their technical ability, so we can safely assume bentley hasn't lost that. However, players can lose their hunger and determinition for the game, this can be coached back into them though. But, for this to happen we would need a manager who has his players playing for him and believing in him, currently there is nothing on show to say this is the case at the moment.

So with that in mind, I have to believe that if we signed bentley, he would be a flop and not the player we need.

Archived