BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Bentley

67splitscreen

Id love Bentley back, He was so good for us in his first spell and he needs us just as much as we need him right now to do what we done for him when he left Arsenal and thats give him a home and let him play his football. I hope the big time Charlie phase has passed

I'd love him back, but only if the price was right and the right striker was brought in as well.

He's probably worth around £5million imo. He is English, so we all know what that means (expensive) and only 26. We all know what he is capable of, so if he could rediscover his form and bring back that confidence and consistency with us, we can get 6/7 top seasons out of him.

We'd also need a striker that can head the ball into the back of the net. Much like when Santa Cruz (I'm not suggesting him, but if worse came to worse...) was with us before. Any striker that Bentley can aim at will get 15-20 league goals if they're any good (providing Bentley rediscovers his previous form).

I love the look of this team:

- - - - - - Robbo - - - - -

Sally - Samba - Givet - Olsson

- - - Petrovic - N'Zonzi - -

Bentley - Formica - Hoilett

- - - - Target Man - - - - -

Subs:

Bunn

Nelsen

Emerton

Dunn

Rochina

Vierinha

Goodwillie

Things look a lot better when you look at that team imo. :rover:

Surely we wouldn't get Bentley and Vieirinha?

If we did get Bentley, how about getting Crouch as well?

Yeah true probably not, I think I'd rather we went for Bentley though tbh. He'd offer something different, I feel that Hoilett, Formica and Rochina could all offer the same impact as Vierinha but Bentley would supply that precise final ball from out wide.

And yeah, I was thinking Crouch would fit in well, good shout.

Usually when we get linked to a former player I say we should never go back and that it would be a bad idea; but it Bentley's case a large part of me would like to see him back here.

IF he gets that hunger and desire back then he is a quality player, there is no question in my mind about his talent. He is one of the most technically gifted players in the league and he is still a better crosser of a ball than anyone in our current side.

If Bentley came I would consider playing Emerton behind him, they had a great partnership when he was here. Hoilett on the left worked great iirc against a side last season (Arsenal?) with Olsson behind him. Overall that side wouldn't look too bad.

Bentley and Vierinha (and Hoilett and Emerton...)?

It is predicated on Samba going to Spurs and there are two blocks to that:

1) Venky's don't want to sell and have something starting with a 2 in mind if they are to be forced to reconsider.

2) Arsenal are reported to be back in but will be low balling as always.

I slated Bentley when he was on sky apparently engineering his move to Spuds and I laughed out loud when his dreams faded as Spuds cast him aside like a snotty rag.

I would however have Bentley back in our side in a flash. He really can be the quality as we has seen in the past.

Agree with the striker/target man approach IF he did sign and I agree with the Emerton/Bentley partnership.

If its a goer, bring him back.

Would be a shocking signing at £7milliion.

I wouldn't take him back at all, his attitude stinks, look at hus spell at Brum last season, he's not a patch on the player we sold to spurs.

I do not believe we have the environment to help him succed any more either, Kean needs real players who want to perform.

He simply is not able to coax bentley back to form, he's still learning himself for christs sake.

I'd love the old Bentley back but he was rubbish at Birmingham on loan last season. Rather take a chance on Vierinha.

I agree..Vierinha would be hungry to show he could be a success in our league.

I worry that Bentley is a busted flush..will he ever have that hunger again? I'm not sure.

I'm also a believer in looking forwards not backwards.

The other issue is would he be prepared to eat the humble pie required in a return to us...Bentley doesn't strike me as the humble type.

Would be a shocking signing at £7milliion.

I wouldn't take him back at all, his attitude stinks, look at hus spell at Brum last season, he's not a patch on the player we sold to spurs.

I do not believe we have the environment to help him succed any more either, Kean needs real players who want to perform.

He simply is not able to coax bentley back to form, he's still learning himself for christs sake.

Agree with every word of this. Great when he was here before, but 'here' has changed significantly. Plus, i think we're well stocked out wide. The only way i'd consider him is if Petrovic falls through. Then he could do a job through the middle. Overall, avoid.

I wouldn't want him back and not because of how quickly he deserted us and how he humiliated the club on Sky Sports, but because I don't think he's that good anymore. He's been a bit part player for the last four years. He had a chance to resurrect his career at Birmingham, a team where he could play week in and week out and ended up sitting on the bench there too. If the football Gods could guarantee that he would be as good for us as he was when he left, then that would be different, but I don't see it.

I would have him but definitely not at £7m. What is Harry smoking? Bit of a hypocrite if you ask me. (I understand it's most likely Levy and not him)

On his day he can cross the ball as good, if not better, than anyone. So I think he is still worth a shout if we can get a target man to nod them in. Did somebody say RSC?? Haha

Id be mildly impressed if he could stomach returning here. Personally I dont particularly care. After Roque's failed return I doubt Bentley will be able to re-ignite his career here. He could do a job but £7m is far too excessive.

And, for once, we dont particularly need a creative midfielder. If we can get Bentley in after purchasing a decent striker, Vierinha, Petrovic and a CB then fine.

Id be mildly impressed if he could stomach returning here. Personally I dont particularly care. After Roque's failed return I doubt Bentley will be able to re-ignite his career here. He could do a job but £7m is far too excessive.

And, for once, we dont particularly need a creative midfielder. If we can get Bentley in after purchasing a decent striker, Vierinha, Petrovic and a CB then fine.

Pretty much my view well. £7m is about £4m too much for him, and I doubt he would be the same player who left. I think he's lost all his hunger and drive now, so he'd only be a squad player. I'd rather focus on getting that Vierinha.

£7m? No thanks.

Swap for Samba? No thanks. Rather have Krancjar.

Bentley's a gifted player but lacks motivation. He found himself to be a small fish in a big pond at Tottenham and didn't show any signs of rediscovering his form at Birmingham. While I wouldn't mind giving him another shot, as we know he's talented, it has to be for the right money.

Subs:

Bunn

Nelsen

Emerton

Dunn

Rochina

Vierinha

Goodwillie

Things look a lot better when you look at that team imo. :rover:

Off topic but blimey, seeing that defense doesn't inspire confidence. I see that back four and cringe.

We don't need a creative midfielder? You have a lot of trust in the 'creative' midfielders we do have then?

Archived