BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Failure of Venky's business management

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8200 and there was probably around 6200 Rovers fans, which is about 1500 down on the equivalent game last season.

But, if you think there was a smaller gate at Bolton, QPR, half our gate at the Dingledome, considering the shambles so far this season, it wasn't as bad as I feared.

I made a point of checking how the boxes looked considering people were sayin they were empty for Wolves - not last night they wasnt - plenty of people in the boxes in all 3 stands

Apparently corporate meal packages were reduced to as low as £60pp according to my boss who went last night. Not sure what they normally are for a league game.

Apparently their chicken is not that good either according to salgado

My link

My favourite quote they have attributed to Salgado is

"It makes you think, blimey, it must be madness to be a proper actor"

I can't imagine him saying blimey. How many people will have have had regular contact with that say blimey? I'm a Lancastrian and I hardly come accross anyone saying it :lol::lol:

I can't imagine him saying blimey. How many people will have have had regular contact with that say blimey? I'm a Lancastrian and I hardly come accross anyone saying it :lol::lol:

Blimey, I don't know what blimey even means, mate. :blink:

I hear English types use the word on old movies, though.

Corruption of "Blind me", a religious oath. You don't actually want to curse so you pseudo-curse instead.

Salgado spent time in Kent as a child.

Makes sense. Using the same theory, then I suppose "sod all" is either: 1) an abbreviation of an unnatural act; and/or, 2) an euphemism for burying people under the soil (sod)?

Living and learning. Before you know it, I'll be an expert in English colloquialisms.

Back on subject, if Venkys is considering firing Kean if he doesn't win against Fulham, why don't they just act on their doubts? A manager is such a critical figure if an owner does not have 100% faith, they should get rid which I (hazily) tend to recall is close to the problem they had with Sam.

Makes sense. Using the same theory, then I suppose "sod all" is either: 1) an abbreviation of an unnatural act; and/or, 2) an euphemism for burying people under the soil (sod)?

sod all = nothing

Nothing to do with grass, but not much to do with unnatural acts either, although I guess that is the word in question.

Back on subject, if Venkys is considering firing Kean if he doesn't win against Fulham, why don't they just act on their doubts?

If they are consdiering sacking him, and decide to get rid, you would hope they have a replacement lined up straight away.

Guest Rovers4Good

Also shocking that none of the owners were at the club for the opening day of season - great vote of confidence that is

Mc Love you are spot on buddy none of the representatives were there and that is a joke.

Kean having to travel out to India on a regular basis is another joke and i don't know any other team that as there manager to fly out to see them whenever they beckon.

If they are consdiering sacking him, and decide to get rid, you would hope they have a replacement lined up straight away.

Your joking right John.... even football players take weeks to sign where Venkys are involved never mind the fact that we still don't have a chairman and the other board positions took forever to sort out...

Then again who would want to sign on as chairman when he would be sacked in a year or two when the young Venky comes of age... (still frightens me that thought)...

Then again who would want to sign on as chairman when he would be sacked in a year or two when the young Venky comes of age... (still frightens me that thought)...

Do you know the lad personally or are you just making wild assumptions based on what 'you have heard' about his father? :rock:

The lad may be bright as a button and know more about football than any of us.

At least we're not as bad as this .....yet.....

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/7153573/The-Page-That-May-Have-Found-An-Idiot-Savant.-Without-The-Savant

The Revolving Door

If you think your club owner is a pain in the arse, spare a thought for fans of Swiss club Neuchâtel Xamax.

For ever since Bulat Chagaev, a Chechen oil baron (we know - what could possibly go wrong?), took over the club in May, life has been rather spicy in the otherwise languid Swiss hills.

And by spicy - we mean he has got through his fifth coach already. Spaniard Joaquin Caparros was the latest to be shown the door, only a month after being appointed, and despite being unbeaten in the last four games.

"It's been an intense month's work and a more than interesting professional and life experience," said Caparros.

And he wasn't kidding. Caparros joins Didier Olle-Nicole, who was coach when Chagaev took over, but was fired the day the owner arrived. Bernard Challendes replaced Olle-Nicole and saved the club from relegation, but was sacked after losing the cup final.

Brazilian Sonny Anderson was then brought in, but didn't have a coaching license so was kicked upstairs, so Francois Ciccolini arrived, only to be sacked after just two games.

And Reuters reports: 'Chagaev has also parted with all the club's sponsors and fired the administrative staff since his arrival, leaving the club unable to print tickets for their opening match of the season.' :blink:

What the finncial numbers mean is that the Rao family's share of Venky's India's record highest profits amounts to about £5m.

Or only three times more than Anderson trousered for the Rochina deal.

Yes Venky's India are only one of 28 companies in the Rao family's VH group but 6 of those are non-trading and Venky's is the biggest single unit.

VH Group turnover is a private figure but I believe it to be about 4 times bigger than Venky's India on its own.

The number that really caught my eye was the share price of 419.

The share price was 713 in May!!!

So the share price has lost 40% in four months compared with the Bombay Sensex (the whole market) losing about 20% on a comparable basis over the same period.

Whilst Venky's India is a sound unexciting company, I have always maintained the stock price is a bubble and it looks like the bubble has been deflating but not yet burst.

What the finncial numbers mean is that the Rao family's share of Venky's India's record highest profits amounts to about £5m.

Or only three times more than Anderson trousered for the Rochina deal.

Yes Venky's India are only one of 28 companies in the Rao family's VH group but 6 of those are non-trading and Venky's is the biggest single unit.

VH Group turnover is a private figure but I believe it to be about 4 times bigger than Venky's India on its own.

The number that really caught my eye was the share price of 419.

The share price was 713 in May!!!

So the share price has lost 40% in four months compared with the Bombay Sensex (the whole market) losing about 20% on a comparable basis over the same period.

Whilst Venky's India is a sound unexciting company, I have always maintained the stock price is a bubble and it looks like the bubble has been deflating but not yet burst.

40% looks scary or it would if it was my company :D , how do they compare though to their major competitor in the same sector.

Do you know the lad personally or are you just making wild assumptions based on what 'you have heard' about his father? :rock:

The lad may be bright as a button and know more about football than any of us.

Your kidding right.. do you really want our clubs figure head to be an unheard of 17-18 year old lad? I don't care if he is as bright as a button, it takes time to earn the respect needed to be a chairman of any company never mind years of experience working your way up the ladder (to gain the required knowledge and skills) to get there.

Do you reckon anyone dealing with us would take him seriously.. for gods sake we would be a laughing stock no matter how bright the lad was.

There is a reason why the average starting age of company CEOs is over 50.

Veevs

Archived