BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Vukcevic (AM)

Tom

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I believe what Im going to say but is it really "burning" 20m if you are able to sell most of the first team squad, including those you signed as recently as last year, make some money off those players, from sell on fees, to profit, to commission potentially, and replace them with cheaper options like Marcus Olsson and Bradley Orr?

Like I said its just me playing devil's advocate.

I didn't think Vukcevic played well enough in the games i've seen him play to command a 1st team place but the disappointing thing is obviously that he never got a chance to have a decent amount of games where he could prove that he was capable in the long run.

To see Marcus Olsson play constantly just baffles me. He tries hard but he just isn't very good. At least with Vukcevic, he's proved himself abroad to be a technically good player but it was just a case of getting used to the Premier League. Even his bit part performances had more of an impact that Olsson has all season.

I didn't think Vukcevic played well enough in the games i've seen him play to command a 1st team place but the disappointing thing is obviously that he never got a chance to have a decent amount of games where he could prove that he was capable in the long run.

To see Marcus Olsson play constantly just baffles me. He tries hard but he just isn't very good. At least with Vukcevic, he's proved himself abroad to be a technically good player but it was just a case of getting used to the Premier League. Even his bit part performances had more of an impact that Olsson has all season.

Quickly casting my mind back to games I remember him playing in he scored against sunderland, played fairly well vs arsenal and was fantastic against swansea

Tim I have to disagree whenever he has been brought on he has looked quality and unlike Hoilett at least he covers his full back also he has champions league experience one thing we were promised by the gimp in charge and don't forget this is the man who led England a merry dance recently and never forget this is the clown who stated Vucevic was competing with Formica for a place in the squad like Formica has set the prem alight. Also knowing kean he would probably have played the guy out of position after all he did think Petrovic was an attacking midfielder :wacko: after all he did say ribeiro was still getting used to the pace of the premier league! 1 year on.

Quickly casting my mind back to games I remember him playing in he scored against sunderland, played fairly well vs arsenal and was fantastic against swansea

Agreed. He looks a real talent and works hard.

Staggering short-sightedness, on a footballing level, that he wasnt used more. That angers me! :angry:

Has Kean actually ever said why he's never been given much of a chance?

Wasn't Gumboots' friend supposed to be breaking that story MONTHS ago?

Think she got nobbled by Kean. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to see Vukcevic out of the team. He's class and would be a star man in the Championship chipping in goals from an attacking position!

Why has he been transferred or something. I have seen nothing.

I have to admit the monk rumour is one of my favourite rumours ever

Must say I liked than one also :D

Almost as good as the one which said Matt Jansen was going our with H from steps :lol: and that one was before facebook and twitter!

Giddygoat, guilty as charged!

Doubt in Simons case it will be anything dodgy..

1 - He is a player with a big reputation for falling out with managers for speaking his mind

2 - Anyone (staff included) who disagrees with Kean suddenly has an injury/is released/is fired/is sold/vanishes off the face of the planet.. delete as appropriate

He'll be one of the first out of the door.

Which is a shame because he's still young and got bags of talent. Just lost his way in the last few years and obviously done something to upset The Establishment. Whether that's his appearance fee or disrespecting Coco's authoritah, who knows.

Must be the fact that Coco can only get 1 of his 10 signings right and Yakubu occupies that place. Coco clearly can't have Simon upsetting that ratio.

Wasn't that what our illustrious owner was saying about transfers? Wasn't that the "reason" Sam was potted. Double standards methinks.

Sorry, frustration with Venkeys hijacking another thread. Thought the lad had real talent from what I saw, but strong characters and Kean are never going to mix. Clearly there is a problem as otherwise he would've played more (heck we've tried every player and formation under the sun last year.) Yet more proof Kean is not a manager.

Must be the fact that Coco can only get 1 of his 10 signings right and Yakubu occupies that place. Coco clearly can't have Simon upsetting that ratio.

Wasn't that what our illustrious owner was saying about transfers? Wasn't that the "reason" Sam was potted. Double standards methinks.

Sorry, frustration with Venkeys hijacking another thread. Thought the lad had real talent from what I saw, but strong characters and Kean are never going to mix. Clearly there is a problem as otherwise he would've played more (heck we've tried every player and formation under the sun last year.) Yet more proof Kean is not a manager.

Wasn't the thing about Sam's transfers not to do with the standard of the player but rather the manner in which they were signed. Givet for example. Vukcevic definitely impressed me in the little I seen of him, particularly against Swansea. His crossing ability would of been very beneficial for Yakubu as well.

Have i missed something? Has be gone or is he close to going? Not that i expect him to stay, but i haven't seen any reports of interest elsewhere.

Such a shame that we didn't get to see more of this lad. Wasn't Hughes chasing him for ages to no avail? To think we waited all that time and when we eventually got him he didn't get a sniff. I know he's got a bit of a reputation, but he has got real ability. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Hughes takes him to QPR.

He wont stay thats for sure. He must be furious, went from a regular at sporting lisboa, who beat man city in the euro cup and got to the semis..... to not even being on the bench for half the games.

The worst part is , as others mentioned, the guy did a decent job the few times he got on. Reminds me of keans treatment of kalinic, only worse since kean (or is that kentaro) signed him.

And from the little ive seen, id bet my left nut he would have done a MUCH better job as a CM than the completely useless pedersen.

Of course, when kean employs the hoofball tactics like he did most of the season, pedersen is a better fit than a player who actually could contribute to free-flowing short passing attacking football, so theres that. Pedersen will make sure the ball gets passed back to scott dann / paul robinson so that they can hoof it to the poor yak with no support.

Meanwhile, marcus olsson, whose team in the swedish league got relegated, managed over the course of one whole week to become a regular in the premier league. Without doing anything on the pitch except run fast.

He wont stay thats for sure. He must be furious, went from a regular at sporting lisboa, who beat man city in the euro cup and got to the semis..... to not even being on the bench for half the games.

The worst part is , as others mentioned, the guy did a decent job the few times he got on. Reminds me of keans treatment of kalinic, only worse since kean (or is that kentaro) signed him.

And from the little ive seen, id bet my left nut he would have done a MUCH better job as a CM than the completely useless pedersen.

Of course, when kean employs the hoofball tactics like he did most of the season, pedersen is a better fit than a player who actually could contribute to free-flowing short passing attacking football, so theres that. Pedersen will make sure the ball gets passed back to scott dann / paul robinson so that they can hoof it to the poor yak with no support.

Meanwhile, marcus olsson, whose team in the swedish league got relegated, managed over the course of one whole week to become a regular in the premier league. Without doing anything on the pitch except run fast.

Altho Marcus Olsson should of never of been played, the fact that his team got relegated is of little significance. Yakubu, Hoilett, Jarvis and Mark Davies' team just got relegated and I think so did Nzonzi's before he joined us. And Kalinic was another one of Kean's many, many stupid mistakes. If I remember correctly wasn't he our best player in Kean's third game in charge(his last as caretaker), in that 3-1 win at West Brom where he scored twice and got sent off. I think he played up front with Mame Biram Diouf in his right position for a change with another striker which enabled him to play well and I was looking forward to him playing again after his suspension. Only for him to not start another game I think and can only remember him coming on as a sub like once.

Altho Marcus Olsson should of never of been played, the fact that his team got relegated is of little significance. Yakubu, Hoilett, Jarvis and Mark Davies' team just got relegated and I think so did Nzonzi's before he joined us. And Kalinic was another one of Kean's many, many stupid mistakes. If I remember correctly wasn't he our best player in Kean's third game in charge(his last as caretaker), in that 3-1 win at West Brom where he scored twice and got sent off. I think he played up front with Mame Biram Diouf in his right position for a change with another striker which enabled him to play well and I was looking forward to him playing again after his suspension. Only for him to not start another game I think and can only remember him coming on as a sub like once.

Sure enough, but there is a significant difference between the english/french and the swedish league.. but thats way besides the point.

Yes, you remember correctly about kalinic. I think this was during the very brief 4-4-2 era that kean promised when he got appointed. I think the only reason he came on that last sub was because the crowd kept asking for him, as well as a couple of journalists. He was even dropped from the bench for awhile. Kid had potential. I know opinions are split, but i could really see him scoring 15 a season on the regular.

It all didnt matter in the end because of yak, but honestly who saw that coming? I rated yak but didnt expect that many goals...

Archived