BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Vukcevic (AM)

Tom

• Backroom

Andy Cryer has wrote that Simon Vukcevic is due to have a medical at Rovers tomorrow ahead of a possible £2m move. I know many have mentioned we should go for him in years gone by.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9201350.Vukcevic_due_for_Rovers_medical/

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already has commondore

He is good, a first team player for Rovers.

He does have some problems with authority but in Sporting Lisbon those problems are quite common so you have to wonder if the problem is with the players or with the club...

He isnt pacy but is definitely creative.

Still short up front. And even if we sign a very good striker, we only effectively have 2 others at the club (Roberts/Goodwillie) as Blackman is below average at this level.

Pretty sure Rochina and Hoilett (maybe even Formica?) can play up front if we're going 4-4-2, but we'll likely stick with a variation of 4-5-1, so 3 good strikers should be enough. I'd say priority at the moment is defensive reinforcements, at least based on the Wolves game. We had plenty of attacking options, but were playing with virtually no experienced centre back, no defensive midfielders and two full backs not at their best.

So 4 players is a priority right now. A centre-back, defensive midfielder, left back and striker.

He isnt pacy but is definitely creative.

Still short up front. And even if we sign a very good striker, we only effectively have 2 others at the club (Roberts/Goodwillie) as Blackman is below average at this level.

A creative midfielder is exactly what we need. As long as we bring in a main striker I'm happy.

Pretty sure Rochina and Hoilett (maybe even Formica?) can play up front if we're going 4-4-2, but we'll likely stick with a variation of 4-5-1, so 3 good strikers should be enough. I'd say priority at the moment is defensive reinforcements, at least based on the Wolves game. We had plenty of attacking options, but were playing with virtually no experienced centre back, no defensive midfielders and two full backs not at their best.

So 4 players is a priority right now. A centre-back, defensive midfielder, left back and striker.

I sent in a question to Rochina on the Ewood emails thingy HERE asking him what his preferred position is. And he answered just of the front man so I hope Kean starts playing him there as he will be a real threat and like in his response he likes shooting from distance

WOW!

I've seen quite a lot of this guy and if this happens, especially for £2m it's an absolutely amazing signing. It would be the most excited I've been about a new signing since Bellamy. Top class player and surely if he comes and a couple of others who seem to be in the pipeline also come then a few of you might get off the clubs back.

Thought this was quite interesting from January:

http://theboleyninheritance.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/reports-west-ham-close-to-signing-simon-vukcevic/

The 24-year old has been highly rated for some time and anyone that has seen him play for Montenegro in their Euro 2012 Qualifying campaign would say the same. By far he has been, alongside teammate Mirko Vucinic (don’t get the two confused now), the ‘best player in the group’. Well, certainly better than any of England’s players whilst playing for England.

For me, the most amazing thing about this transfer is the fact that Sporting Lisbon are giving serious consideration to the £6m bid for a player that some sources rate as being valued as highly as £16-17m.

...Six Months before that, both Bolton and Blackburn were rumoured to have placed £5m bids in for Vukcevic that were rejected out of hand, but with things deteriorating further, Sporting might be ready to cut and run.

If he's as good as he seems to be, then fine; specially at £2million, in view of what's already been written on here about fees which were rumoured not so long ago.

However this, [and I know it's only wiki]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Vukcevic seems to indicate that he may have had an attitude problem at other clubs before he went to Lisbon.

I remember reading on another thread earlier this week someone implying that our present manager's managerial "style" [if that be the word I'm looking for!] is to be mates with his players, rather than establishing a distance from them. If that's true, it makes me wonder how he'll handle someone like Vukcevic.

If he's as good as he seems to be, then fine; specially at £2million, in view of what's already been written on here about fees which were rumoured not so long ago.

However this, [and I know it's only wiki]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Vukcevic seems to indicate that he may have had an attitude problem at other clubs before he went to Lisbon.

I remember reading on another thread earlier this week someone implying that our present manager's managerial "style" [if that be the word I'm looking for!] is to be mates with his players, rather than establishing a distance from them. If that's true, it makes me wonder how he'll handle someone like Vukcevic.

Kean will buy him a few bottles of Bud!!! :brfcsmilie:

Vukcevic also played for Partizan where Raca (Petrovic) came from even though they were never at the club at the same time.

My local club Aalesund and other Norwegian clubs have had success with buying more players from the same country or at least the same language and culture. It makes it much easier for them to settle. I think this was one of the big problems with Niko Kalinic. He never settled.

Now we have:

French: Samba, Nzonzi, Givet

Spanish: Rochina, Mauro Formica, Salgado

Scandinavian: Olsson, Gamst

and it would make sense to bring in another Serb a long with Petrovic for them both to settle quicker.

Also we have created a great environment for our young guns. They all seem to go really well together: Hoilett, Olsson, Nzonzi, Rochina, Formica. I think this is equal with other jobs. You have to fit in and like your job to perform.

Not been following this one however how come we are possibly getting him for a fairly cheap price??

Fallen out with his coach at Sporting Lissabon.

How about the Work Permit stuff? Would he obtain it automatically because of national caps or what?

Fallen out with his coach at Sporting Lissabon.

How about the Work Permit stuff? Would he obtain it automatically because of national caps or what?

Montenegro is part of the European Community. Work permit is automatic.

Archived